• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

According to AGM the Rattler TS50-640 thermal weight in at 1.33 lbs. I am not sure if that is with or without the mount...

I do know that I just weighed my 16" MPR rig with the Rattler and OCL Hydrogen-S 7.62 on the end with the thermal wrap on the can (dry weight - no ammo) was totaling an extremely light and nimble 10 lbs. 14.55 oz. So we'll say 10 lbs. 15 oz to keep things simple. In-hand, this thing feels like it weighs the same as it did before I ever put a scope on it new. It balances really well, and I'm very happy with the feel and balance of it.

IMG_3456.jpeg

According to AGM the Rattler TS50-640 thermal weight in at 1.33 lbs. I am not sure if that is with or without the mount...

I do know that I just weighed my 16" MPR rig with the Rattler and OCL Hydrogen-S 7.62 on the end with the thermal wrap on the can (dry weight - no ammo) was totaling an extremely light and nimble 10 lbs. 14.55 oz. So we'll say 10 lbs. 15 oz to keep things simple. In-hand, this thing feels like it weighs the same as it did before I ever put a scope on it new. It balances really well, and I'm very happy with the feel and balance of it.

View attachment 8298472
I think I missed it, who made the rifle chassis?

I think I missed it, who made the rifle chassis?
It's a Christensen Arms MPR rifle. The MPR rifle comes in that chassis from the factory. But you can also buy just the chassis from Brownells if you have a Remington 700 or a rifle that uses a Remington 700 footprint.

Reactions: Balor
Hello!

I’m brand new to long range shooting.

I just picked this up nearly new from a friend and will be going down the rabbit hole a bit.

Tikka T3x CTR action and 20” barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor.

MDT XRS chassis

MDT Elite muzzle brake

Arken SH-4 6-24x50 (came with rifle) and rings

Accu-tac BR-4 G2 ARCA bipod

Cheap Amazon arca rail. Waiting for the backordered MDT enclosed rail for the XRS.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Nothing too crazy here, a pretty budget build as far as these things go I guess, except that I did something different with the brake. I wanted the option of a big fat brake on this one, but also wanted the ability to use a suppressor with the same QD mount I make for all my other rifles. So I did both; the brake is two pieces with a removable outer shell, all machined from 17-4 PH and salt bath heat treated to H900 which gives it the bronze color. The felt recoil is what you'd expect - significantly less than a common 223 Rem.

Rifle is a Ruger American action (started as a budget rifle for my son in 243 Win)
1:7 twist 26" Schneider MTU profile barrel from the classifieds that I chambered in 6 GT, shouldered instead of barrel nut due to the diameter
MDT XRS stock
Burris XTR II which I'm not real fond of
Shooting 112gr MB @ 2920

Still working on a more solid bipod setup, machining a spigot mount built into the forend.

Lojcpoeh.jpg

qDsc6I5h.jpg

ZuRdvTFh.jpg

86KsYRbh.jpg

I spy an OCL Polonium-K on there... 😉 Shoots pretty damn good, too. 👍🏼

Good eye. I believe this is the first OCL we have tried. The target was without the can proofing rifle before customer pickup. The can turned it into a mere mortal .5 rifle.

Good eye. I believe this is the first OCL we have tried. The target was without the can proofing rifle before customer pickup. The can turned it into a mere mortal .5 rifle.
I got to know the owner of OCL through IG (he's on here, his username is @AndrewKing ), and I helped do some pre-production T&R for them when they were getting ready to release the Hydrogen series. I've currently got a Hydro-S 7.62, Hydro-S 6.5mm, Hydro-L 7.62, and a full-size Polo. After thousands of rounds through them, I can highly recommend their cans. They are precision cans, as well, and did not affect group sizes on anything I've put them on. I highly recommend them. 👍🏼

20231209_130138.jpg

20230706_110203.jpg

My .223 trainer. All metalwork was done by Matt Stewart of Stewart Rifles.

-Trued 700 SA, opened to 8-40, Gre-Tan F/P assy.
- Krieger 1:7 HV, 26", chambered in .223 Wylde.
- Hawkins M5 DBM
- TT Primary at 2.5lbs
- Bedded into a McM A4
- Seekins rings and base
- Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56

Only factory ammo I tried was Sierra with the 77gr SMK during break-in...it averaged ~half-MOA. I put (20) random 5 round groups downrange just playing with bullets and powder and 19 of them were sub-minute with a few that I'll be exploring further.

20230722_105429.jpg

20230727_185909.jpg

Bergara B14 Premier Elite
Was told to expect 10-12 Weeks for delivery as i placed my order.
4 Weeks later on the exact same day, i got a mail which said, your Rifle will be here next week.

Bergara B14 Premier Action
Bergara Barrel Contour No 7 ( Should be a MTU or very close) 26" long, 1:8 Twist in 6.5 Creed
MDT ACC Elite Chassis
Trigger Tech Diamond
Comes like that from the Factory

Already added a Area 419 Brake, Green Jellys and the Mlok Bag Rider

Not sure yet, which scope i will add
Thinkin something like Element Theos, Zeiss LRP S3 6-36, --- ?
A perfect scope would be the 6-36 S&B with 0.05 MIl Clicks, but damn, that scope is expensive

20231224_122453.jpg 20231224_122523.jpg 20231224_122605.jpg 20231224_122756.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up my new hunting rifle and by far the nicest rifle I own from a fellow hide member. Hoping all of you guys had as great of a Christmas as my boy and I had shooting today!

- He's 9 and just got a Savage Rascal and scope setup today!

Attachments

• 20231223_161747.jpg
    20231223_161747.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • 20231223_161717.jpg
    20231223_161717.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 20231225_170529.jpg
    20231225_170529.jpg
    876.9 KB · Views: 195
I wanted the option of a big fat brake on this one, but also wanted the ability to use a suppressor with the same QD mount I make for all my other rifles. So I did both; the brake is two pieces with a removable outer shell, all machined from 17-4 PH and salt bath heat treated to H900 which gives it the bronze color.

That's really cool.

Do you have any other pics of this? How does the larger brake index? Is it retained with an allen screw or are those threads on the minor brake?

installed a titanium fluted bolt shroud, Timney 2 stage trigger, magazine release extender, and a bolt handle and knob. All from Anarchy Outdoors. Waiting on new barrel from Southeastern Rifle.

ARC CDG
26" Brux heavy 338
Lapua Mag, chamber and fit by Straight Jacket Armory (A+ shop!)
ARC Xylo
419 sidewinder

Lighting not the best by gun pr0n standards, but 'swut I got.
View attachment 8294443
View attachment 8294442
How that CDG working out on the Lapua? Smooth cycling?

I’m about to pull the trigger on a .300 Norma CDG I’m just apprehensive about the whole feeding/conical breech…blah blah blah.

Tell me she’s solid.

Reactions: DubfromGA
That's really cool.

Do you have any other pics of this? How does the larger brake index? Is it retained with an allen screw or are those threads on the minor brake?

No allen screws or other fasteners; it uses the QD mount system I came up with for my own rifles and suppressors. Basically just an interrupted thread system, so it tightens down like a normal threaded attachment but can be removed by turning 1/6 turn (one wrench flat) and sliding it off. My suppressors mount on the rifle the same way. It's fast to install or remove, and doesn't loosen while firing; downside is the system doesn't lend itself well to mass production but is good for a one-off approach like small shop work often is.

Reactions: R_A_W
How that CDG working out on the Lapua? Smooth cycling?

I’m about to pull the trigger on a .300 Norma CDG I’m just apprehensive about the whole feeding/conical breech…blah blah blah.

Tell me she’s solid.
Semi embarrassed to say not even shot yet-- combo of busy holidays, weather, & non-ease of decent ammo aquisition here in Mass. Still gathering reloading equipment, let alone finding mag primers.

I was actually initially considering the 338NM but after a talk w StraightJacket I decided to go w LM due to the standardization and likely equal or better performance. The conical breech is borderline for 300. SJA put a slight dome on mine, and I have no worries. I can say the CDG is machined extrememly well and feels great; even the gun shop commented on it.

Ill post results as soon as I run it a little.

Howdy guys,

I finally got my rifle finished, setup, painted the way I like it; it shoots like a dream and is a hammer.

Rifle Build:
ARC Nucleus Gen 2
LRI / K&P Barrel - 18” .308 M24 Profile Threaded 5/8x24
KRG Whiskey-3 Gen 6 - Folding Chassis
TriggerTech Special Two-Stage Trigger
Thunder Beast Bipod with Claw Feet and RRS ARCA Adapter
Area419 Hellfire Adapter
SilencerCo Scythe TI Suppressor with Area419 Titanium Suppressor Hellfire Adapter
Liberty’s Defense Suppressor Cover - Tan

Optics & Mounted Accessories:
Kahles K525i - Left Side Windage - SKMR 4 Reticle
Spuhr SP-4003b - 34mm 1.5” 0MOA & Spuhr A-0029 Diving Board (See notes below)
Vortex Impact 4000 WMLRF
MDT Send It Level with Spuhr Mount (See notes below)

*The Spuhr SP-4003b is important in this instance when your goal is to mount a WMLRF on a diving board atop the front ring. A parallax spinner is almost mandatory with the Kahles optics and will strike the rings/diving board if there’s not enough space between the rings. I also tried the Spuhr A-0019d low-profile diving board and while it barely cleared the objective bell of my Kahles optic, the Vortex Impact 4000 WMLRF sat too low and was slightly obstructed by my elevation turret when behind the rifle; I liked the position of the WMLRF when mounted to the Spuhr A-0029 Diving Board.

*The MDT Send It had to be inverted to prevent obscuring my left-side windage turret.

IMG_3723.jpeg
IMG_3768.jpeg
IMG_3796.jpeg
IMG_3817.jpeg
IMG_3816.jpeg
IMG_3746.jpeg
IMG_3744.jpeg

Howdy guys,

I finally got my rifle finished, setup, painted the way I like it; it shoots like a dream and is a hammer.

Rifle Build:
ARC Nucleus Gen 2
Area419 Hellfire Adapter
SilencerCo Scythe TI Suppressor with Area419 Titanium Suppressor Hellfire Adapter

Vortex Impact 4000 WMLRF

*The Spuhr SP-4003b is important in this instance when your goal is to mount a WMLRF on a diving board atop the front ring. A parallax spinner is almost mandatory with the Kahles optics and will strike the rings/diving board if there’s not enough space between the rings. I also tried the Spuhr A-0019d low-profile diving board and while it barely cleared the objective bell of my Kahles optic, the Vortex Impact 4000 WMLRF sat too low and was slightly obstructed by my elevation turret when behind the rifle; I liked the position of the WMLRF when mounted to the Spuhr A-0029 Diving Board.

*The MDT Send It had to be inverted to prevent obscuring my left-side windage turret.

View attachment 8308443View attachment 8308445View attachment 8308446View attachment 8308447View attachment 8308448View attachment 8308449View attachment 8308450

Where did you get the stock pouch for the KRG Chassis?

Howdy guys,

Rifle Build:
ARC Nucleus Gen 2
Area419 Hellfire Adapter

Vortex Impact 4000 WMLRF

View attachment 8308443View attachment 8308445View attachment 8308446View attachment 8308447View attachment 8308448View attachment 8308449View attachment 8308450
How do you like the Scythe suppressor?

How do you like the Scythe suppressor?

It’s very nice and extremely lightweight, to the point I question how it could handle the rounds it is rated for with no barrel restrictions. The single-port brake does a nice job, but I may try putting the Omega 300 3-port brake on there and see how it does for fun. Since it is all titanium, it does heat up very quickly; it absolutely needs a suppressor cover for mirage control for PRS/NRL Hunter type of stuff where there will be strings of fire. For hunting where you only need one or two shots, it would be great without it. It has a nice tone and really does a nice job for its size.

Reactions: shootertom
It’s very nice and extremely lightweight, to the point I question how it could handle the rounds it is rated for with no barrel restrictions. The single-port brake does a nice job, but I may try putting the Omega 300 3-port brake on there and see how it does for fun. Since it is all titanium, it does heat up very quickly; it absolutely needs a suppressor cover for mirage control for PRS/NRL Hunter type of stuff where there will be strings of fire. For hunting where you only need one or two shots, it would be great without it. It has a nice tone and really does a nice job for its size.
Excellent, I have one on order at my local shop and am looking forward to it. I appreciate your response and advice on the mirage cover.

Cheers!

Reactions: Savage Gentleman
IMG_7344.jpeg
IMG_7348.jpeg

This one was an MPA hybrid hunter in 6.5
Traded the original chassis here on the hide for the Mesa on above post with the .308.. put it in a Christensen MPR chassis.. hated the handgaurd so ran it through the table saw and miter saw.. like how it turned out and is a pretty practical hunting rig.
IMG_1262.jpeg