• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

Can you guys name this precision rifle :cool:.

-Savage model 12 flatback action
-Factory heavy barrel (donor rifle was used and the gunsmith I took it to to check it over said he'd been able to take the copper he pulled from the barrel to the scrap yard before)
-Timney trigger
-Glades armory bolt handle
-Bell and Carlson varmint tactical stock
-Burris rings
-Riton Mod 5 Gen 2 5-25x50 MOA

4 inch (roughly) group at 500 yards with Federal Gold Medal Match 77gr Sierra Matchkings

Couple new builds for my sons. With all my others as well lol

Attachments

• 20190304_212038.jpg
    20190304_212038.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 332
  • Resized_20190710_165917.jpeg
    Resized_20190710_165917.jpeg
    650.8 KB · Views: 334
Reactions: M338
New PRS build:

Curtis Axiom Lefty
Bartlein barrels 6.5cm
MPA hybrid chassis
Triggertech special
VG6 Lamda
Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 w/ ERA-TAC adjustable inclination mount

DMR LLC Spun me the barrel and did a sweet job, shoots tiny little groups all day.

Curtis Helix
30in Brux .300NM 1:9
XLR Element
Athlon Ares ETR

Really happy how this one turned out, it's gonna be a shooter!

YEiT9Xp.jpg

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
My first "build"
Trued rem 700
Criterion remage barrel
6mm Creedmoor
26" 1:8 twist .109 freebore
Vortex PST gen 2
PVA Jet Blast
KRG bravo

It started life as a Remington AAC-SD in 308.

Attachments

• IMG_3449.JPG
    IMG_3449.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 159
Finally finished it. Impact precision action, hawk hill 6bra barrel, manners elite stock xtreme trigger, arc m10 rings and the new nxs 4-32. Can’t wait to start tuning the 6bra.

Attachments

• 7DB440C0-FA91-4159-937C-F120BCA88FFE.jpeg
    7DB440C0-FA91-4159-937C-F120BCA88FFE.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 207
New guy here to the forum, please don't eat me alive lol. Recently stepped up the precision game and bought my first 6.5cm to play around with. This is sort of going to be a "budget" minded rifle, as buying my own property 2 years ago reduces extra funds quite a bit. Maybe one day I'll own a custom, but for now this will get rounds down range. Picked up a Savage 10sba for about $380, with the factory 20MOA rail and tactical knob, 24in. threaded barrel.

I realize its topped with a $2k scope which isn't exactly "budget", but I actually traded a Razor 1-6x plus $100 for it. The Razor i had for about 3 years I got through a friends promotive deal for about $700. So all in all, I actually only truly spent about $800 with the Warne mount for the 4.5-27. Hard deal to pass up. I do handload, but have only put factory stuff through it and boy does it like the 147 ELD-M's.

Factory Savage 10SBA - 6.5cm
Vortex Razor 4.5-27 w/ EBR-2c MRAD

Future "budget" plans:
CDI Bottom Metal
B&C Medalist 6
My handloads, most likely with 147 ELD-M's

Cleaned it, put about 8 rounds through it, and this was the 1st group from Factory Hornady 147gr. ELD-M ammo. Second picture is the 2nd group I shot getting it zeroed better at 100yds before I took it to 400yds a few days later. Probably could have tightened the 2nd group of with more practice. Very excited to get this in a stock and start handloading for it.

New guy here to the forum, please don't eat me alive lol. Recently stepped up the precision game and bought my first 6.5cm to play around with. This is sort of going to be a "budget" minded rifle, as buying my own property 2 years ago reduces extra funds quite a bit. Maybe one day I'll own a custom, but for now this will get rounds down range. Picked up a Savage 10sba for about $380, with the factory 20MOA rail and tactical knob, 24in. threaded barrel.

I realize its topped with a $2k scope which isn't exactly "budget", but I actually traded a Razor 1-6x plus $100 for it. The Razor i had for about 3 years I got through a friends promotive deal for about $700. So all in all, I actually only truly spent about $800 with the Warne mount for the 4.5-27. Hard deal to pass up. I do handload, but have only put factory stuff through it and boy does it like the 147 ELD-M's.

Future "budget" plans:
CDI Bottom Metal
B&C Medalist 6

View attachment 7118183

Cleaned it, put about 8 rounds through it, and this was the 1st group from Factory Hornady 147gr. ELD-M ammo. Second picture is the 2nd group I shot getting it zeroed better at 100yds before I took it to 400yds a few days later. Probably could have tightened the 2nd group of with more practice. Very excited to get this in a stock and start handloading for it.
View attachment 7118186View attachment 7118187

Welcome man! Shoot what you got and don’t worry about it. At least you’ve already got a scope that won’t need upgrading anytime soon!

Future "budget" plans:
CDI Bottom Metal
B&C Medalist 6

View attachment 7118183

The only thing that some might eat you for is the Savage but the scope choice should offset some of that.

Guys be nice. He did get a great scope (in MILS) that he can move to something else on later. Like maybe a Tikka. Or the hide favorite an AI. Or to please others a Barrett MRAD.

If you stay out of the Bear Pit til you know what you're getting into, don't bring up MIL/MOA, try to sell without the 100 posts or Hessian status, or do something else to bring out the ban cat, you should be fine.

Welcome and great shooting.

Reactions: Gustav7
The only thing that some might eat you for is the Savage but the scope choice should offset some of that.

Guys be nice. He did get a great scope (in MILS) that he can move to something else on later. Like maybe a Tikka. Or the hide favorite an AI. Or to please others a Barrett MRAD.

If you stay out of the Bear Pit til you know what you're getting into, don't bring up MIL/MOA, try to sell without the 100 posts or Hessian status, or do something else to bring out the ban cat, you should be fine.

Welcome and great shooting.

I appreciate the advice...and the optimism for future rifle upgrade lol. For now the Savage will work and it gets me rounds downrange.

I like it a lot, it works very well for me. No issues with it and it's bright and clear, I really like the floating dot.

Reactions: Runnineh

Future "budget" plans:
CDI Bottom Metal
B&C Medalist 6

View attachment 7118183

Bro I’ve got a savage with a proof steel barrel that is a hammer and has never failed me once. The action is broken in and as smooth as you could ask for. Don’t let anyone tell you there is something wrong with a savage.

Plus, a lot of the gun snobs choose to buy guns rather than houses. One is smarter than the other, you can make that call. Dryfire twice as much as live fire and have fun.

First one is;

Stiller tac 30 action
26” benchmark barrel 1:8 twist 5r
Mcmillan A5 stock
Ptg bottom metal
JEC brake
Jewel trigger
Chambered in 260. Rem
140hybrids @ 2890

418F1D00-345E-43F8-8974-D5BD4E8F0997.jpeg

Kelbly atlas tactical
27” Bartlein 1:7.5 twist 5r
Manners t5 stock
Badger bottom metal
Trigger tech diamond
Heathen multi-cal brake
Chambered 6mm creed
105 hybrids @ 3130fps (still fine tuning load)

8DD0E4EC-3191-4281-AC13-BF7971431B3A.jpeg

Defiance 5

Defiance 3

6.5 Creedmoor
Defiance Deviant Tactical Action
Bartlein 26" Barrel
APA Mini Bastard Muzzle Brake
Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
Masterpiece Arms BA Folding Competition Chassis
S&B PMII 5-25x56 MSR Reticle
Spuhr Mount
Atlas Bipod
When looking at the Mpa chassis i only see it with a straight vertical grip....are the angled and straight style interchangable?

If you are ever considering a precision rifle, with out custom job, here is the numero uno, with big U guys.
I must say that i have shot a lot of different rifles, but this Tikka T3X TAC A1 in 6.5creedmoor is fcking stunning gun.
With the Sako TRG precision, it shoots lights out, or hand load you might get it even better shoot, but that Sako TRG line ammo is by far the best competition ready ammo i have ever shot.
Steiner M7Xi scope that is a real deal guys, check that rifle out, before you are going to buy something else, this Tikka is a freaking awesome rifle, and i ain´t talking redbull shiet here, just true honest words.
I have shot with this compo now some over 400 rounds, and it just left that wide smile on my face after every time, man i should buy this a long time ago..
With that Spuhr mount, it is perfect rig.
View attachment 7108322

What kind of speed are you getting with that ammo? Do you use the TRG 6.5CM 136gr scenar? Last week I fired a few shots at a little over 26C (very rarely happens here), had strong pressure signs and hard bolt lift with my Hardy barrel. Speed 2700-2730fps with a 20" barrel.
Maybe my barrel is just too new, only 40rds down.
edi
Rem E-Tac4 RSA Hardy 3-27S&B 2.jpg
Rem E-Tac4 RSA Hardy 3-27S&B.jpg

Feel bad for those poor cows having such shitty views to look at... Joking of course. This pic should be in the 'Show us were you shoot thread.' Gorgeous view. Nice looking rifle you have sir.

I get 2880fps with 136g Scenars out of a 26" barrel using H4350 out of my 260 Rem. - no pressure signs. Granted, the rifle has 1500 rounds down the tube at this point. Your numbers aren't hat far off from what would be considered normal out of a 6.5, but I agree, you shouldn't have pressure issues unless you're loading a stout charge or seating too deep.

Reactions: ejg
What kind of speed are you getting with that ammo? Do you use the TRG 6.5CM 136gr scenar? Last week I fired a few shots at a little over 26C (very rarely happens here), had strong pressure signs and hard bolt lift with my Hardy barrel. Speed 2700-2730fps with a 20" barrel.
Maybe my barrel is just too new, only 40rds down.
edi
View attachment 7125129View attachment 7125130

Sako trg precision line ammo use L Scenar.
I have not taken a chrono of it, but i think it is quite close to 850 m/s of the 24" Tikka barrel.

Got a savage 110 tact in 6.5 creedmoor. Ready to see what groups I can get this thing to produce

Attachments

• 20190804_191539.jpg
    20190804_191539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
Sako trg precision line ammo use L Scenar.
I have not taken a chrono of it, but i think it is quite close to 850 m/s of the 24" Tikka barrel.

This is my first 6.5CM so not much experience with this cartridge. I thought around 830m/s was more than I expected out of a 20" barrel. From a 24" yes possibly. The Sako TRG ammo also reacted quite strong to temperature change. Might have had the cartridges in the sun a few minutes.. This is the only ammo I tried in the rifle so far.
Had no issues on a cloudy cooler day.
I just finished a friends comp rifle with a 25" Hawk Hill barrel and might be able to run a shot over a chrony tomorrow.
edi

Feel bad for those poor cows having such shitty views to look at... Joking of course. This pic should be in the 'Show us were you shoot thread.' Gorgeous view. Nice looking rifle you have sir.

I get 2880fps with 136g Scenars out of a 26" barrel using H4350 out of my 260 Rem. - no pressure signs. Granted, the rifle has 1500 rounds down the tube at this point. Your numbers aren't hat far off from what would be considered normal out of a 6.5, but I agree, you shouldn't have pressure issues unless you're loading a stout charge or seating too deep.

Most of the year the wind is howling there, plenty rain too but we do have some very nice places to shoot... especially when the sun is out or even just dry. Pic was taken about 2 miles from where I live on the south coast Ireland.
The rifle in the pic only weighs 6.7lbs without scope and a nice bit lighter than my other rifles. Hope to use the rifle on Sika deer this season starting in September but only if I have some reliable ammo sorted. Otherwise back to 308 or 300wm.
edi

My load for 260rem and 136gr scenar L is 2,95g (45,5gr) Vihtavuori N160. Speeds are around 855m/s (2800fps) from 20” CTR barrel.

It’s a bit hot load but the bolt is not stiff. Only some primers have slight cratering.

I’m happy with that speed ?

Last edited:
My Blagg 6 Creed. 700 action, spiral fluted bolt, spiral fluted knob, skeletonized bolt handle. Benchmark 26" #5 contour spiral fluted barrel 1-7.5" twist. Timney trigger 20moa pictinny rail. VX-5HD 3-15 scope. Custom Blagg predator stock.
received_2062322710560776.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dendro
Here's my Blagg 7mm Practical. 700 action, 28", 1-8" twist Benchmark spiral fluted barrel. Miller brake. Spiral fluted bolt. Jewel trigger, VX-3i LRP 6.5-20 scope. 20 moa rail, Blagg predator custom stock. (Scope in pic is a Vortex 4-16 HSLR.)
Screenshot_20190331-102920_Gallery.jpg