• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

Exceeding expectations currently. I got in on the shot-show pricing, so for $899 the value curve is high. I bought the new large size grips when they hit their website a few weekends ago. I wear XL size gloves for awareness.

But I haven't had to shave them down, and love the raw walnut:

View attachment 7340182

I can't see the your rifle because I'm distracted by that gorgeous brick in the background!

300 Norma rifle.jpg

Not a huge fan of the AICS ergos, nor too excited when I see a 700. That said, your rifle is one the best looking rifles on this site in my opinion.
Thanks!

It started its life as a standard Remington 700 Police. If first got a Grayboe stock which I bedded with epoxy and built a carbon fiber cheekriser for. Then it was blueprinted, rebarreled and the trigger was changed along with the MARS rail. It was done from one of the few precision gun smiths here. I also got the AICS AT for it, wish I had gotten one that folds, but if I find one on the used market I will surely get it somewhere down the road. Hopefully in the old more boxy style as that would be the proper way to go with a Mark 13 mod 5 build. It shoots great, and I really like the AICS, even if the pistolgrip is on the small side for my size 11 hands.

3 longbois.jpg

3 precision longbois, top to bottom:

AXMC LA in the 6.5 creed config

Remington 700 22inch 6.5 creed in a KRG Whiskey 3

PWS MK216 308 (its accurate enough with FGMM to get the precision tag from me)

Nothing fancy, expensive or highly recommended, and for that matter the most frustrating build I have ever done. Might have been cool 2010 or so. When I graduated the first time in 2010 I shot a friends 700p and really liked it, I figured since I am graduating again with a master's degree I would build a similar rifle. Man, what a stupid idea lol.
700p 5r barreled action with 40x police trigger
Grayboe DBM
Warne 20moa base/rings
Leupold Vx3i LR 4-14 TMR reticle. I've had it for a while.

Had to send the stock to H&S to have a new buttpad installed/get painted. Stock is inletted for the m5 pattern bottom metal, and has a freeland rail which will get an arca rail once mcmillan gets them in again. The stock fell 3 stories after I painted it and busted up the buttpad. The shop wouldn't let me pick up the action until classes were over. That's another story for another time. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong. Timing is good and both lugs make good contact so there is that.
20200605_230638.jpg

View attachment 7334572
View attachment 7334573

My FX-Impact got some new glass. So my son and I went to the range to zero it.
Its a FX Impact PCP rifle in .25 caliber.
Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 scope in a Spuhr ISMS mount. Scope caps is on the way in the mail.
Bipod is a Accu-Tac knock off, it will be replaced with an ATLAS CAL soon.

It shoots crazy good.
What pellet/slug are you shooting? Velocities?

What pellet/slug are you shooting? Velocities?

It is kept on a steady diet of JSB Exact kings 25,39 grain. At max setting the rifle shoots them at 905 fps, at low setting its down to 770 fps, which is great for close range pest control, and the air lasts forever.

Been lurking around checking out some of the rifles here for awhile. Figured I'd post mine. This is my first custom build.

Short Action Customs did the barrel and action work.
6.5 Creedmoor
Defiance Deviant
24" Bartlein MTU (1:8 twist)
Trigger Tech R700
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6.jpg

I had a bit of dental surgery today and after the Novocaine wore off I have been looking and all the goodies here.
Figured I could show one of my orphans. This one started life as a Remington O3A3 and was sporteerized. No need to bash me for it I got it in a box and it was a horrible sight. It was a two year long project and I did all the work myself. At 100yds it prints beautiful little multi round clovers.
stick1.jpg

No, I'm not that talented. Branden at Custom Gun Coatings did it. He does fantastic work and might even have a Group Buy still going.

Since we're showing off.

Remington.223 700 SPS tactical
Vortex gen 1 PST scope w/LaRue QD rings
Timney single stage trigger
Badger Ordnance bolt knob (because their cool)
KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis with Spigot mount for bipod and full length ARCA Swiss rail.
Atlas bipod
Benro Mach 3 carbon fiber tripod
Benro G2 ballhead

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_204733.jpg
    IMG_20200601_204733.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 186
I had a bit of dental surgery today and after the Novocaine wore off I have been looking and all the goodies here.
Figured I could show one of my orphans. This one started life as a Remington O3A3 and was sporteerized. No need to bash me for it I got it in a box and it was a horrible sight. It was a two year long project and I did all the work myself. At 100yds it prints beautiful little multi round clovers.View attachment 7347371
Been looking to do exactly this with an already sporterized 1903. Mind telling us where you found the safety and the scope rail?

Just picked mine up last week.

1591833284604.png

6.5PRC
Defiance Deviant Tactical (nitrided)
Bartlein 29ish" 1:7.5 twist heavy palma
Cadex Field Tactical chassis
Triggertech Diamond
Athlon Argos 5-30x56 (temporary)
Accu-Tac Gen1 bipod
YHM .30 cal QD suppressor mount/brake

First custom rifle. Happy camper.

I decided to go full tactical. Accuracy AND precision, I say.

Pics of -

1/ Field expedient portable stealth bag rests, and a canted scope for sideways hilly terrain shots. No need for the extra weight of a bubble level.

2/ Auxilary optic - reversed, so I don't have to calculate hold unders for sub 5yd reaps.

3/ Barrel coolersz. Don't want no stinking stainless fumes on my penta coated obj lens.

Last edited:
I decided to go full tactical. Accuracy AND precision, I say.

Pics of -

1/ Field expedient portable stealth bag rests, and a canted scope for sideways hilly terrain shots. No need for the extra weight of a bubble level.

2/ Auxilary optic - reversed, so I don't have to calculate hold unders for sub 5yd reaps.

3/ Barrel coolersz. Don't want no stinking stainless fumes on my penta coated obj lens.

View attachment 7349134

View attachment 7349135

View attachment 7349136
The first photo with the scope canted looks “Gangsta”
Should have used a Woobie for the front rest, and god knows what stench is attached to that boot...
Second photo is “Number 5 is Alive”
Third one is copacetic - we all know, love and respect the CTD.

• Haha
Reactions: ofelas
1st-
338LM Improved, Defiance Deviant, 24" Proof 1.250 Straight 1:9.4", APA fat bastard, Manners T4FA. 300gr Berger Elite Hunters @ ~2910fps. Fun gun and a good hunting option right at 14lbs.
2nd-
7mm Rem Mag, R700 trued, 26" Bartlein Sendero 1:8", Vais, MDT ACC LA, 195gr Berger EOL's @ ~2830fps. Kind of my daily hooptie. Shoots awesome but she's getting a little difficult to keep fed with all of the slower powders disappearing. Probably going to sell it off before too long.

338BR.jpg

7RM.jpg

DSC_1239.jpg

And together, well almost together. I need to order Freeland rail sling swivels and an arca rail at somepoint.
R700 Police 5R barreled action in 308
Used H&S precision stock repainted and butt pad replaced by H&S after a hard fall.
Grayboe DBM
Triad Tactical Stock pack
Leupold VX3i long range 4.5-14 FFP with TMR Reticle
Warne Medium Rings and Warne 20 Moa Base

Haven't shot it yet. So far timing is ok, and Lugs make great contact so there is that little bit of a shining light. Hopefully try it out in the next few weeks once my thesis is done. Might be a "celebration" after defending or a major reason to start drinking.

Last edited:
Got every components this morning from Go Big Tactical. And finally found some time to put them together.

Defiance Tenacity LA action
PAV shouldered prefit 1:9 300 WM
TriggerTech Special trigger
KRG whiskey 3 Gen 6
Area 419 sidewinder
Elite iron bipod
ZCO 527 with Spuhr

Can’t wait to try it out with Berger 215 hybrid!

1BF75FA0-36DC-4DE5-B003-073561717D91.jpeg
D62F26F4-DBC8-422A-B9F3-01FD198EBBC3.jpeg

Last edited:
TVP 22x47. The rifle was built by Tom Sarver at Thunder Valley Precision. The brass starts life as 6.5x47 Lapua before I get it resized to 22x47. Lots of worked involved especially turning the necks. But at 100 yds it puts three shots through the same hole. It shoots a 95gr SMK .224 bullet at 3200fps at the muzzle.

It has a Surgeon action, Huber Trigger, Kreiger 27 inch barrel with a 6.25 right twist, PSE aluminum stock, Atlas bipod and a Nightforce ATACR 7-35 x 56 F1 Mil-C scope. The scope is mil/mil FFP.

The dope for 1,000 yards is 5.9 mils and 1 mile dope is 16.4 mils.

71219800_2407537036131059_7665174806857252864_o.jpg

71492729_2416198348598261_7742116023523868672_o.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

Just finished up my first 3 day class with Trigger Time and Brian Whalen. Feeling hyped. Lots of good stuff to work on, and went 5 in a row at 1743 on a 2'x4' plate. Took 10 rounds to get on but still...

Bergara HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Td9i5yg.jpg

GdIDeqx.jpg