• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Training Courses Precision Shooting camp/class near Ohio?

breitling

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
Ohio
Hi there,

I am looking for a multiple-day camp/training/class for long range (around 1,ooo yds) within a 4 hour drive of central ohio.

This would most likely be in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, or PA.

Thanks in advance for your help/ideas!

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but Jacob from Rifles Only is giving a PR1 course in Grand Rapids Michigan in August. Max range where he is giving the class is 500M though. I'm pretty sure there is still room. Either call them up or contact BeemerGirl here on the Hide and they can give you more details.

Here You Go:

Long Range Precision Rifle Immersion Level One
at Hillside Shooting Sports Roanoke, Indiana
August 11-12, 2014

Long Range Immersion Level One Course is one of our most popular courses. Regularly held four to six times a year in Central Florida, for this Special Event we'll be travelling to Northeast Indiana!

Roanoke, Indiana is convenient to several major cities: Fort Wayne - 25 min., Indianapolis 1hr. 45min., Detroit 2 hrs. 45mins., Chicago 3 hrs., Cincinnati 3hrs.

This Two Day Long Range Rifle Course is geared towards anyone who wants to experience the satisfaction of long range precision marksmanship. It is specifically designed around the needs of shooters (both new and old) that are interested in learning the fundamental skills for shooting accurately at long range. Course intent is to cover the techniques required to achieve first round hits out to 600 yards with bonus targets out to 1000 yards.

Course consists of classroom and on-range practical training that includes Safety, Rifle Set-up, Optic Set-up and Correct Placement, Sighting In, Bi-pod, Sling and Ammunition Selection and Ballistic Comparisons, Correct Bench and Prone Shooting Positions, Understanding Eye Relief, Breathing, Grip, Trigger Control, Follow Through, and Cleaning Your Rifle.

We'll explain the Math and Physics of Precision Rifle Shooting to allow students to gain the knowledge necessary to Correctly Set Up their Rifles, Calculate their Dope, Make needed Adjustments after buying New Equipment or Ammunition in the future, and to Understand how their Body Movements Affect the Bullet's Path of Travel.

More Info here: https://floridafirearmstraining.com/IN_Long_Range_Immersion.html

Ft.Wayne??? Major City? Man, you are stting the bar pretty darned low!!! :)

Check out wolf precision in johnstown pa and bhtc, which holds classes in pa as well.

I took last year's rifles only class in Michigan and it was great. I also shoot regularly at Thunder Valley Precision.

If your time is limited to a weekend and your local range a couple times a month, then I would recommend the Rifles Only class. If you can commit to a couple matches a month at TVP, I'd schedule some training with Tom. The experience you'll get from shooting long range in wind under match conditions are tough to find in a classroom setting.