• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Underground rear bags?

Just received a rear bag from Precision Underground this morning and took it to the range this afternoon. This is the first "real" shooting bag I've used (previously just used sandbags) and I am impressed. Construction and materials are excellent. I'm very pleased with the performance/stability of this bag as well though I can't compare it to other high end shooting bags. Thanks @Precision Underground

Just received a rear bag from Precision Underground this morning and took it to the range this afternoon. This is the first "real" shooting bag I've used (previously just used sandbags) and I am impressed. Construction and materials are excellent. I'm very pleased with the performance/stability of this bag as well though I can't compare it to other high end shooting bags. Thanks @Precision Underground
We appreciate it! 👊🏻

Received mine a couple of months ago ... took it to a training day and a guy with a nice new set up had forgotten his bags. Lent him one and by the end of the day, he was ready to ditch his old bags and get one of the PU bags. :)

The only other ones I have are on my vimeo account. The "bag tips" video is really helpful and necessary if you don't already have a really good rear bag technique. Just click my name on the above video and it will take you there. Please excuse the amateur-ness of the videos. I am so busy making bags and ordering crap I have zero time to go out and make some decent videos.
I was trying to find the bag tips video and didn’t see it on the Vimeo page. Did it get taken down or moved?

Reactions: padom
I was trying to find the bag tips video and didn’t see it on the Vimeo page. Did it get taken down or moved?
We took it down and have another one in production. Feel free to ask here or DM if you have any specific questions. I’m not an instructor but I’ve got a pretty good handle on rear bag fundamentals!

We took it down and have another one in production. Feel free to ask here or DM if you have any specific questions. I’m not an instructor but I’ve got a pretty good handle on rear bag fundamentals!
Might be kind of hard to describe but you recommend grasping it from the side rather than front?

Might be kind of hard to describe but you recommend grasping it from the side rather than front?
You don’t want to pinch the bag on the sides to the point that it lifts the stock up out of the pocket it’s in and creates a horizontal hinge in the bag. I like to squeeze front-to-back but there’s other ways to do it. The new video is going to go into the difference in using your bag to aim or using a true natural point of aim. Most people don’t know there’s a difference. If you’re using a true NPA the bag plays a smaller role. But if you are relying on the bag a lot our bags are 100% your best bet and you want to make sure the corners are folded in on the stock to stop it from fishtailing.

Reactions: C.R. Adams
This is a good example of the corners of the bag. They are locked on the stock and with our fill it isn’t going anywhere. If you were to squeeze side to side on the bag hard it will lift the stock up out of that pocket and create a horizontal hinge in the bag.
3F1FE5E5-1821-4387-A3EA-1B19492B163D.jpeg

Reactions: Steel head
And a side note, there are a lot of different ways to use a bag. Frank likes to pinch the stock through the bag so we made him one that was bigger with less fill to make room for his hand inside the bag. We’ll probably make a SH model that is built this way.

Our standard bag is a little smaller and more full. This will let you either set it like it is in the above pic and let it do most of the work or you can get the stock 90% in your shoulder and get on a true NPA and then slide the bag under to make the reticle be still. The big difference here is how your rifle is connected to the ground. Most guys are connecting the rifle to the ground with the bag. Doing it on what I call a true NPA connects the rifle to the ground through you. All ways can work if done correctly but to me the latter is the best way to control recoil. When you do it this way you become the bag and it effectively makes your rifle weigh as much as you do.

Last edited:
And a side note, there are a lot of different ways to use a bag. Frank likes to pinch the stock through the bag so we made him one that was bigger with less fill to make room for his hand inside the bag. We’ll probably make a SH model that is built this way.

Our standard bag is a little smaller and more full. This will let you either set it like it is in the above pic and let it do most of the work or you can get the stock 90% in your shoulder and get on a true NPA and then slide the bag under to make the reticle be still. The big difference here is how your rifle is connected to the ground. Most guys are connecting the rifle to the ground with the bag. Doing it on what I call a true NPA connects the rifle to the ground through you. All ways can work if done correctly but to me the latter is the best way to control recoil. When you do it this way you become the bag and it effectively makes your rifle weigh as much as you do.

I too am in the camp of pinching the stock through the bag so I may want to send you mine at some point.

This is a good example of the corners of the bag. They are locked on the stock and with our fill it isn’t going anywhere. If you were to squeeze side to side on the bag hard it will lift the stock up out of that pocket and create a horizontal hinge in the bag.
View attachment 7447227
9D036025-B4C4-4FF6-8761-35BC8885CE91.jpeg

the way the bag envelope the stock is one of the reasons it’s so good!
It’s like a good motorboating!

• Haha
Reactions: BOISCOID
again the only thing I can think of is make your own it will be exactly the height you want and exactly as firm or some as you want companies make products for masses they are not build a bear at least not that I have seen . I just spent another 70.00 on another bag that is sitting in the truck and I am still using my super cheep o lab jack monstrosity it's adjustable my bags aren't Have you thought about taking one of the bags you have and adding a zipper so you can fill it up more or remove fill as you wanted ? it could work and you would not have to buy anything but a fill and a 39 cent zipper . I hope you find what ever works for you and good luck .

again the only thing I can think of is make your own it will be exactly the height you want and exactly as firm or some as you want companies make products for masses they are not build a bear at least not that I have seen . I just spent another 70.00 on another bag that is sitting in the truck and I am still using my super cheep o lab jack monstrosity it's adjustable my bags aren't Have you thought about taking one of the bags you have and adding a zipper so you can fill it up more or remove fill as you wanted ? it could work and you would not have to buy anything but a fill and a 39 cent zipper . I hope you find what ever works for you and good luck .
I’m not following what you’re saying. Did you buy one of our bags and don’t like it? We’re happy to adjust it for you if so just let us know you’re preference.

6'7" long arms, normal build. I use a CAL and don't have to extend the legs much for most of my shooting. Over the last several years I've cut down on what I carry. I usually use a WC GC or a Wiebad tac pad as my rear bag. I actually prefer the tac pad. The 3d elr sounds interesting to me but I'm concerned about the size. What do you think? PRS/NRL style shooting.

6'7" long arms, normal build. I use a CAL and don't have to extend the legs much for most of my shooting. Over the last several years I've cut down on what I carry. I usually use a WC GC or a Wiebad tac pad as my rear bag. I actually prefer the tac pad. The 3d elr sounds interesting to me but I'm concerned about the size. What do you think? PRS/NRL style shooting.
I’d say the 3d is overkill for PRS. It’s geared more toward load development/static range shooting. It would work fine but IMO an ELR or ELR Mini makes more sense.

Reactions: jsimonh
Late to this party but glad I'm in! Just ordered an ELR 3D light. I'll be using it on a KRG Bravo stock. PU is overwhelmed right now and deliveries are 1-2 weeks from shipping according to their website. No biggie, I have a tropical storm coming my way so I wont be shooting for at least a week anyway.

All this said, and being an analyst by profession (as in anal and old at that too) I've looked into all the bag issues in a lot of detail including geometry measurements. Insofar as I can tell, I have to state that the rifle, human connection should be primary as far as bags. That means that the bag, or whatever, should fit you and should not be used for elevation adjustments unless in the range of less than 1 MOA.

Before I get slammed on that comment, think in terms of other systems, say artillery. Raise or lower the barrel to hit the target. At our end of the rifle we don't work that way because the "breech" is static, that's "us". So, the elevation adjustments have to come from someplace else. In our case it comes from the bipod.

When you look at Bench or F-class shooters they have micrometer (threaded) adjustments for elevation, all of at the front of the rifle. The rear end, where we humans are connected to the system remains stationary.

Our problem is that bipods have 1/2" increments in elevation. Do you know haw much that is?! We're talking 3 digit MOA. The problem is not the bags, it's the bipods. If someone puts a clicked thread adjustment on a bipod in addition to the 1/2" increments I'll be the first to buy one!

Last edited:
Got a 3D ELR with straps from Jesse and the transaction and product were perfect. Additionally, Jesse took the time to correspond with me on some marksmanship fundamental questions I had been struggling with. He seems to be a great guy and I do like the bag very much.

I traditionally have been using a Game Changer instead of a dedicated rear bag. I have tried 3 different Game Changer bags. The OG, pint sized, and Shmedium. After listening to the Everyday Sniper podcast, I decided to try a dedicated rear bag. While these bags are great for barricade support, I always found myself fighting when used as a rear support.
I finally tried my ELR bag. Once at an indoor range. Once in the field engaging targets between 100 and 1,000 yards on two different rifle systems. I found I was able to get stable quicker, and more comfortably with a dedicated rear bag both on a bench or in the field. I will continue to haul around the Game Changer and PU ELR bags when going to shoot.

Late to this party but glad I'm in! Just ordered an ELR 3D light. I'll be using it on a KRG Bravo stock. PU is overwhelmed right now and deliveries are 1-2 weeks from shipping according to their website. No biggie, I have a tropical storm coming my way so I wont be shooting for at least a week anyway.

All this said, and being an analyst by profession (as in anal and old at that too) I've looked into all the bag issues in a lot of detail including geometry measurements. Insofar as I can tell, I have to state that the rifle, human connection should be primary as far as bags. That means that the bag, or whatever, should fit you and should not be used for elevation adjustments unless in the range of less than 1 MOA.

Before I get slammed on that comment, think in terms of other systems, say artillery. Raise or lower the barrel to hit the target. At our end of the rifle we don't work that way because the "breech" is static, that's "us". So, the elevation adjustments have to come from someplace else. In our case it comes from the bipod.

When you look at Bench or F-class shooters they have micrometer (threaded) adjustments for elevation, all of at the front of the rifle. The rear end, where we humans are connected to the system remains stationary.

Our problem is that bipods have 1/2" increments in elevation. Do you know haw much that is?! We're talking 3 digit MOA. The problem is not the bags, it's the bipods. If someone puts a clicked thread adjustment on a bipod in addition to the 1/2" increments I'll be the first to buy one!

Got my ELR in a few days ago and got to use it yesterday at 300, very stable bag, wish i knew about them sooner!
I traditionally have been using a Game Changer instead of a dedicated rear bag. I have tried 3 different Game Changer bags. The OG, pint sized, and Shmedium. After listening to the Everyday Sniper podcast, I decided to try a dedicated rear bag. While these bags are great for barricade support, I always found myself fighting when used as a rear support.
I finally tried my ELR bag. Once at an indoor range. Once in the field engaging targets between 100 and 1,000 yards on two different rifle systems. I found I was able to get stable quicker, and more comfortably with a dedicated rear bag both on a bench or in the field. I will continue to haul around the Game Changer and PU ELR bags when going to shoot.
We appreciate the feedback guys 👊🏻

Frustrations with a well known bullet😁, have led me to be a little negative on the forum lately. I got my ELR bag Friday. And I wanted to post something positive. Wow what a improvement in my shot sequence and set up, and accuracy down range backed that up

No more squeezing the rear bag to death to get a steady reticle. That bag squeezing was putting tension into my whole body. No I get it where I want it and relax. I don't lean my cheek down hard. For whatever reason my heart beat is not showing up in reticle bounce.

This is hard to explain in words. But you must try this bag.

I am a range officer at a 1000 yard range here in Utah. My bag got passed around between a few shooters Friday. I told them I needed to get my name on it before it came up missing 🙂

Last edited:
Frustrations with a well known bullet😁, have led me to be a little negative on the forum lately. I got my ELR bag Friday. And I wanted to post something positive. Wow what a improvement in my shot sequence and set up, and accuracy down range backed that up

No more squeezing the rear bag to death to get a steady reticle. That bag squeezing was putting tension into my whole body. No I get it where I want it and relax. I don't lean my cheek down hard. For whatever reason my heart beat is not showing up in reticle bounce.

This is hard to explain in words. But you must try this bag.

I am a range officer at a 1000 yard range here in Utah. My bag got passed around between a few shooters Friday. I told them I needed to get my name on it before it came up missing 🙂
Thank you sir! We appreciate you taking the time to post feedback!

Reactions: DMP
I’m glad this thread popped up this morning. I have been in search for a new rear bag. Had a Wiebad fortune cookie, it was a good all around bag but forgot it at the range and now it’s gone.
Read through most the post and made the decision to get an ELR rear bag.

I’m glad this thread popped up this morning. I have been in search for a new rear bag. Had a Wiebad fortune cookie, it was a good all around bag but forgot it at the range and now it’s gone.
Read through most the post and made the decision to get an ELR rear bag.
The ELR is a nice size.
high enough for stocks without bag riders and laid on its side it’s super stable for up hill shots or bag riders.

The ELR is a nice size.
high enough for stocks without bag riders and laid on its side it’s super stable for up hill shots or bag riders.
I seemed like it was the best all around bag. I really don’t do much for prs shooting, more bench stuff and long range. The fortune cookie worked well for prs stuff but I struggled with it a bit for just prone long range targets.

I'm not the feral kitten...but I find myself using the regular ELR the most....it could be due to the distances I shoot and how sits height wise with the way I run my bipod at those distances. When I'm at the 100yd bench..I use the 3D laying flat and it is about perfect height for my bipod at the 45 degree front legs kicked forward height.

Reactions: 2010Ruger