• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Underground rear bags?

We still have not gotten shipping notification on our backordered secret sauce filler additive. Early this week I ordered something from a different vendor that looks like it will be basically the same thing. If it passes the test we will be able to ship everything by Wed/Thurs. I HATE not being able to ship within 24-48 hours but my hands are completely tied. Without the additive they will be just typical bags and that’s not how we roll! Know that I am losing sleep over it and will ship just as soon as it in my control again(and know that I will be ordering about 500lbs of the new material it passes the test lol).

Overall for most you'd recommend the standard ELR? Will be used on a KRG Bravo & TBAC bipod.
At that point it really depends on bipod height and shooting angle but yes the vast majority of people have gotten the full size and it fit well. The full size gets sold probably 5-1 over the mini.

Your new "secret sauce" filler additive must have passed muster. I just got my email notification that you shipped my ELR.
Glad that you're back at it! (y) I'll probably place another order pretty soon.

Your new "secret sauce" filler additive must have passed muster. I just got my email notification that you shipped my ELR.
Glad that you're back at it! (y) I'll probably place another order pretty soon.
Yep it was good to go, pretty much the same product. It does have a different smell to it. It smells a bit like rubber on new shoes lol. It should dissipate with some use if it bothers anyone, hopefully it doesn’t!

@Precision Underground , thanks for all your input helping us figure out your gear. I've been struggling with a bag setup on a new rifle and you appear to have just what I've been looking for.

You've made reference to a couple of videos but I don't find them on your site, do I need to search YouTube?

Thanks. That one helped. So far that's the only one I've found, am I missing any?
The only other ones I have are on my vimeo account. The "bag tips" video is really helpful and necessary if you don't already have a really good rear bag technique. Just click my name on the above video and it will take you there. Please excuse the amateur-ness of the videos. I am so busy making bags and ordering crap I have zero time to go out and make some decent videos.

The only other ones I have are on my vimeo account. The "bag tips" video is really helpful and necessary if you don't already have a really good rear bag technique. Just click my name on the above video and it will take you there. Please excuse the amateur-ness of the videos. I am so busy making bags and ordering crap I have zero time to go out and make some decent videos.

Man, that's one of the most helpful videos on bag technique I've watched. I've suffered through countless hours of meaningless dribble from twats with a YouTube channel and zero meaningful content. Keep those videos "amateur" and focus on making bags.

I literally lost my paycheck sometime between receiving it on Wednesday and getting on a plane Thursday, so as soon as I figure out a solution to that much missing money I'll have an order inbound.

Reactions: CavReconScout
Man, that's one of the most helpful videos on bag technique I've watched. I've suffered through countless hours of meaningless dribble from twats with a YouTube channel and zero meaningful content. Keep those videos "amateur" and focus on making bags.

I literally lost my paycheck sometime between receiving it on Wednesday and getting on a plane Thursday, so as soon as I figure out a solution to that much missing money I'll have an order inbound.
Sounds good I appreciate it. Correct technique and a good bag can save you a lot of headache for sure. I encourage everyone to spend some time practicing with the bag when they get it. Practice dropping the stock on and getting it to compress as in the video. Spend time adjusting up and down. You can just incorporate it into dryfire practice, which everyone should be doing. Once you get the feel for compressing and squeezing it correctly, getting and staying on target becomes a lot easier. Being able to work your rear bag correctly is a huge part of consistent shooting.

Note on dryfiring- do it a lot but make sure your rifle is dry EVERY TIME. Don’t “remember” that is is dry. Anyone who has ever pulled the trigger on an empty rifle and gotten a bang will tell you how easily it can happen. Check every time- cycle and LOOK in the chamber. Even if you were dry firing 4 minutes ago and just went to the bathroom. Check every time.

New ELR bag showed up yesterday. I'm hoping to have a chance to get out with it tomorrow, but in the mean time I did give it a whirl as a rear rest doing dry-fire, and I like it!

I see what you mean about the scent of the fill. Using it as a rear bag it's right under my nose. While it's not terribly objectionable, and I probably wouldn't even notice it outside in a breeze, I do hope that it dissipates over time.

New ELR bag showed up yesterday. I'm hoping to have a chance to get out with it tomorrow, but in the mean time I did give it a whirl as a rear rest doing dry-fire, and I like it!

I see what you mean about the scent of the fill. Using it as a rear bag it's right under my nose. While it's not terribly objectionable, and I probably wouldn't even notice it outside in a breeze, I do hope that it dissipates over time.
I think it will. My shop smelled like crazy for a few days and then it dissipated. I can’t be picky at this point as I was afraid I was screwed when my original supplier told me they were out and waiting on a new shipment. They still have not come through. The new material works just as good thank God.

Just think of it as the smell of new shoes and it’s not bad lol.

@Precision Underground , I got the finances figured out and am making an order.

One more dumb question: I’m assuming that the fill works omni-directionally so that I can use the bag basically the same way along any of its axes?

@Precision Underground , I got the finances figured out and am making an order.

One more dumb question: I’m assuming that the fill works omni-directionally so that I can use the bag basically the same way along any of its axes?
Yea for sure. I'd say the 3D ELR much more effective on multiple sides and even laid flat. The standard ELR is going to be really low on its side but you may run into some situations where that is needed.

Yea for sure. I'd say the 3D ELR much more effective on multiple sides and even laid flat. The standard ELR is going to be really low on its side but you may run into some situations where that is needed.

Thanks for all your help. Just placed my order for an ELR.

I have a pile of different bags, and one of them or some combination of them have always worked without much drama. It's just been recently with a couple of new setups that I've been finding myself "in between" bags and unable to find a consistent configuration which has caused no shortage of frustration having to rebuild a position with the obvious negative results.

The ability to find better products and talk directly with the guys who build them is what got me onto The Hide many years ago.

Received my ELR 3D this week. Really liking it so far. Stable as all hell. Smell goes away pretty fast. It does smell like new tennis shoes when first open it. Thanks again for all the help.

Be sure to give Bogey the Spirit Animal discount. Or at least put some extra stuff in the box, or rub your balls on it or something.

Come on, you can do better.

Put your internet slueth hat on, put a few things together that are literally spelled out in this thread, and itll make sense to you.

Are you implying then, that this company's bag are being praised only because we have been convinced they are good by the owners rheroric?

Or that we are all gear queers looking for the next best thing, and that this is just a fad?

Are you implying then, that this company's bag are being praised only because we have been convinced they are good by the owners rheroric?

Or that we are all gear queers looking for the next best thing, and that this is just a fad?

Getting WAY colder.

Or that it was just a joke about tea bagging boogeybrowns new gear...

Just got a mini recon a few minutes ago. Hitting the range tomorrow. This thing is the sheet. Sticky and forms to everything. Quality looks top notch. He was a few days behind because of the fill situation and still around a week from order to in my hands. Talked me out of the bigger Recon after I had orders. Buy with confidence

Just got a mini recon a few minutes ago. Hitting the range tomorrow. This thing is the sheet. Sticky and forms to everything. Quality looks top notch. He was a few days behind because of the fill situation and still around a week from order to in my hands. Talked me out of the bigger Recon after I had orders. Buy with confidence
Thank you sir!

A lot of recommendations on the precision underground bag :) If someone has ... too many or decided they didn't like it I'm looking to purchase an ELR second hand :)

It’s got a bit of stank!
Lol

This appears to be a well thought out bag!
I’m not a camo guy but I love this pattern!

Reactions: littlepod
It’s got a bit of stank!
Lol

This appears to be a well thought out bag!
I’m not a camo guy but I love this pattern!

View attachment 7113426
Ah come on everyone likes the smell of new shoes! Seriously though it will fade with some use.

The MARPAT is my favorite pattern too. It looks really good on the suppressor insulators.

Reactions: Steel head
Seriously though it will fade with some use.
There are worse things that it could smell like.
I can get over a LOT as long as it works as expected......and it does.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and it still has some of that odor hanging in there, but it is finally dissipating. When I first got it I thought about picking up a can of Ozium and blasting it with that to kill the smell. If the next one is as strong I might just do that to see if it works.

There are worse things that it could smell like.
I can get over a LOT as long as it works as expected......and it does.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and it still has some of that odor hanging in there, but it is finally dissipating. When I first got it I thought about picking up a can of Ozium and blasting it with that to kill the smell. If the next one is as strong I might just do that to see if it works.
My original supplier is back in stock so it shouldn't be an issue moving forward. It always had a smell but not as strong. I think the last batch I got was brand new and fresh!

I have actually grown to like it. Smells like a shoe store lol.

My original supplier is back in stock so it shouldn't be an issue moving forward. It always had a smell but not as strong. I think the last batch I got was brand new and fresh!

I have actually grown to like it. Smells like a shoe store lol.
It’s not an unpleasant smell.

Tactical scent pillow!

I just got my bag today and tried it out. I've never had a quality rear bag and just used value bags from midwayusa. I'm just so amazed at how much of a difference it made. That locking fill really does work well and provides such a stable platform.

Thanks for the quality product!
Makes my day to hear it sir!