• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Underground rear bags?

I've been living on 2 different sized DIY wool sock/air gun bb's for benchrest which work well enough. I really can't wait to get into PRS>.......sock ain't gonna cut it for PRS...or will it? I'd love to hear opinions on the most spartan/bare bones/entry level PRS bag. I don't know what I don't know at this point and while at some point I will own a super nice one I'm not looking to do that on 1st run.

I've been living on 2 different sized DIY wool sock/air gun bb's for benchrest which work well enough. I really can't wait to get into PRS>.......sock ain't gonna cut it for PRS...or will it? I'd love to hear opinions on the most spartan/bare bones/entry level PRS bag. I don't know what I don't know at this point and while at some point I will own a super nice one I'm not looking to do that on 1st run.
Recon mini is a pretty down-in-the-dirt do it all small bag. You can use it as a rear or a font bag. Drive your rifle and make it go “ting”.

I took my 3D ELR bag to the range yesterday and can say....it works!! I have a half dozen various bags but the ELD is the right height for me, so I have to say I am very happy with it.

Reactions: Jake the dog
Just ordered and received my 3d ELR bag. I wish I had ordered it sooner. @Precision Underground makes a great product!
I bought one a little while ago.
My buddy’s bought a couple since then.
They really are nice.

I actually compared my ELR to some bunny ears and a home made bag base at a mile.
ELR bag really lost little to nothing to it if you prepped the bag right.

Reactions: Alabusa
I bought one a little while ago.
My buddy’s bought a couple since then.
They really are nice.

I actually compared my ELR to some bunny ears and a home made bag base at a mile.
ELR bag really lost little to nothing to it if you prepped the bag right.
Yep! Get it set up right and it is just as stable as a bunny ear bag. And bonus, you won't look like the dork with the bunny ear bag! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Alabusa
Yep! Get it set up right and it is just as stable as a bunny ear bag. And bonus, you won't look like the dork with the bunny ear bag! :ROFLMAO:
88B2199C-3CC3-4034-B177-78A36756EFBF.jpeg

Just received my Sniper's Hide APO in 6.5 CM with BT65 Gen. 2 CAL Atlas Bipod ..

- looking for a new rear bag - recommend ELR Rear Bag ? 3D ELR Bag ? Any coupon codes ?

I'm really liking my ELR bag. Perfect fill, flexible but solid as can be. A couple of my friends used it and immediately placed an order on their phone there at the range. That's a pretty good testament me thinks.

I picked up the ELR Mini bag a little over a month ago. Had it out for a few range trips running both off a bench and prone. I really like this bag! It smelled like the Michelin Man at first, but that dissipated after a few weeks.

Definitely becoming my favorite and now I must try the bigger one.

I picked up the ELR Mini bag a little over a month ago. Had it out for a few range trips running both off a bench and prone. I really like this bag! It smelled like the Michelin Man at first, but that dissipated after a few weeks.

I was digging around in my eberlstock bag last night and when I opened the main compartment I got a big whiff of Stinky.
That’s what I named my ELR bag.

Stinky is awesome!

Reactions: Lunchbox27
I was digging around in my eberlstock bag last night and when I opened the main compartment I got a big whiff of Stinky.
That’s what I named my ELR bag.

Stinky is awesome!
Lol The new batch of filler didn’t have the rubber smell so you have one of a limited run. Save it it will be worth a lot one day ?

?????

Anybody using the ELR Strapped as a front bag ? Currently I use Tab Gear large bag as a front bag 90% of the time during matches with Mini GC as needed. I like the convenience/size of the Tab Gear but could use more stability and putting it on and off is a hassle. Is ELR more stable than Tab Gear as a front bag? There are tons of front bags out there that are strapped but they are just bigger than what I like.
TG.jpg

I
Anybody using the ELR Strapped as a front bag ? Currently I use Tab Gear large bag as a front bag 90% of the time during matches with Mini GC as needed. I like the convenience/size of the Tab Gear but could use more stability and putting it on and off is a hassle. Is ELR more stable than Tab Gear as a front bag? There are tons of front bags out there that are strapped but they are just bigger than what I like.
View attachment 7168790

Is the Recon mini too large for you?

View attachment 7168790

I can't help you but am very jealous if you get to shoot out your window from a treadmill?

View attachment 7168790
While it’s pricey, the Recon micro with the carbon fiber plate is what you seek. It’s truly micro and truly ridic how stable it is for something so small. You do have to drive the rifle. This isn’t a balance on target and don’t influence the rifle type set up.

If that is too far out of your price range we could do you an ELR Strapped with the Recon Mini fill in it. This is a different fill than what we have used in the past and I really like it. Never done it in an ELR but it sounds like a good idea on the strapped. It works really well as a rear bag fill as well so no worries there.

Reactions: LA260
I

Is the Recon mini too large for you?
Ya looks little too bulky
While it’s pricey, the Recon micro with the carbon fiber plate is what you seek. It’s truly micro and truly ridic how stable it is for something so small. You do have to drive the rifle. This isn’t a balance on target and don’t influence the rifle type set up.

If that is too far out of your price range we could do you an ELR Strapped with the Recon Mini fill in it. This is a different fill than what we have used in the past and I really like it. Never done it in an ELR but it sounds like a good idea on the strapped. It works really well as a rear bag fill as well so no worries there.
How much would the ELR Strapped weight with the Recon Mini fill? I saw the Recon Micro with the plate. It looks awesome but it's not really what I'm looking for.

Ya looks little too bulky

How much would the ELR Strapped weight with the Recon Mini fill? I saw the Recon Micro with the plate. It looks awesome but it's not really what I'm looking for.
Yea Recon Mini is small compared to a lot of bags people lug around but it’s big compared to just a rear bag.

I’ve never filled one with it so I’m not positive but that mix is just a little heavier than a standard fill. If light is what you are looking for I do have some new space age super light fill that’s not a foam like typical light fill. I havent had time to do any testing with it but I’m glad to try something light other than the foam stuff.

Yea Recon Mini is small compared to a lot of bags people lug around but it’s big compared to just a rear bag.

I’ve never filled one with it so I’m not positive but that mix is just a little heavier than a standard fill. If light is what you are looking for I do have some new space age super light fill that’s not a foam like typical light fill. I havent had time to do any testing with it but I’m glad to try something light other than the foam stuff.
It doesnt have to be super light. The large Tab Gear that I'm using is 1.8lb and the mini GC is 6lb. If the ELR strapped with the recon fill is under 3lb it should be good to go.

Since this was revived I’ll give a lil report
These bags rock.
I have the ELR and mini.
I really happy happy with them but my limited edition with STANK fill is kinda losing it’s aromatic potency:(

Since this was revived I’ll give a lil report
These bags rock.
I have the ELR and mini.
I really happy happy with them but my limited edition with STANK fill is kinda losing it’s aromatic potency:(
Much appreciated guys! If anyone is thinking of getting one there is a massive thread with tons of feedback from last year when we first started selling these. Either way we will give you your money back if you don’t like it so you’ve got nothing to lose!
PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com
22E19D49-E3E0-402E-9302-DB0916C348A9.jpeg

Bought the ELD rear bag as the ones i have were to small for what i needed. Super impressed with quality of material and sewing. The fill is not as moveable by squeezing as some of my other bags, but that is kinda the point. Recoil doesnt effect it as much either. Will buy again and does everything i need.

Attachments

• 20200107_204854.jpg
    20200107_204854.jpg
    988 KB · Views: 64
I love my ELR bag. I've done multiple comps now and only run an ELR bag and a Wiebad Mini Fortune Cookie. I'm curious though if I'm missing out on a Precision Underground Front/Barricade bag.

@Precision Underground Any ideas you're thinking of to have an alternate to the gamechanger / mfc?

I love my ELR bag. I've done multiple comps now and only run an ELR bag and a Wiebad Mini Fortune Cookie. I'm curious though if I'm missing out on a Precision Underground Front/Barricade bag.

@Precision Underground Any ideas you're thinking of to have an alternate to the gamechanger / mfc?
The small recon bags are barricade bags geared more toward “smaller is better”. I’ll be the first to tell you that a game changer style bag is more stable. I can still shoot 1-1.5 moa from the recon micro+arca and it’s 1/4 the size so I like it. It’s definitely a drive your rifle bag though not a plop it down and free recoil bag. I haven’t shot a lot of matches but in the ones I have shot I never felt at a disadvantage using it.

Im not against putting out a bigger bag. I’ve done a bunch they just keep ending up looking like a game changer lol. When I started this I said I wasn’t going to put something out if it wasn’t better than what’s already out there so I’m trying to get outside the box and make something different. It’s always an attempt to balance size, effectiveness, and ease of manufacturing. I feel like the perfect combo of those is out there and I’ll keep digging!

The small recon bags are barricade bags geared more toward “smaller is better”. I’ll be the first to tell you that a game changer style bag is more stable. I can still shoot 1-1.5 moa from the recon micro+arca and it’s 1/4 the size so I like it. It’s definitely a drive your rifle bag though not a plop it down and free recoil bag. I haven’t shot a lot of matches but in the ones I have shot I never felt at a disadvantage using it.

Im not against putting out a bigger bag. I’ve done a bunch they just keep ending up looking like a game changer lol. When I started this I said I wasn’t going to put something out if it wasn’t better than what’s already out there so I’m trying to get outside the box and make something different. It’s always an attempt to balance size, effectiveness, and ease of manufacturing. I feel like the perfect combo of those is out there and I’ll keep digging!

I got a elr black multicam, and though I've only got to use it once due to Neverending snow currently, it was exactly what I hoped it would be. Enough snug, and just the right give for balance.
On a "putting out something better", I know I asked, but any thoughts on progress for your ammo book? I'm not trying to bust your balls, it's just on my list of wants and I know you'll do it well. Consider me on your waiting list for when you can give the long blink head nod of approval that it is done. I won't bug you further.
For those considering black vs black multicam, the multicam is a great pattern. Some cams look tacky- this just looks good. Even helps blend my razor brown scope on the black gun.