• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Predator Custom build w range report

Lofty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2008
Lenexa KS
First I would like to think all the Snipers Hide members that made this possible.

Terry Cross for his amazing Sentinel stock.
Greg at bugholes for the 6mm Kreiger barrel.
Rangerwalker71 for the Badger action.
Tom Olson for the great deal on the Premier scope.

Id really like to thank Jim Ruiz and Bob Howard over at Predator Custom Shop here in knoxville for their great work and their patience with my dumb ass and my silly questions.

I had this rifle built as a switch barrel, .308 and .243.

Here it is sporting a Kreiger 28 in 1-7.5 twist barrel. The .308 is an Obermyer 20 inch 1-10 twist also provided by Bugholes.

20120519_130801vi-vi.jpg

I took it out today to zero it in for next weekends PMG match here in Tennessee. Shooting Corbon loaded 115 DTACS i was getting right around 3025 FPS and averaged right around a 1/2 MOA shooting off a bench with a bag and bipod. I hate shooting off a bench.

This was the best I could muster today, Im not much of a grooup shooter.

5 shot group.
20120519_132040-vi.jpg

This was more typical though. As I said, Im not much of a group shooter and I hate shooting off a bench. I have no doubt the gun with a decent handload would shoot in the 3's or better if it shoots like this with a ham fist like me on the trigger.

The one on the left is 5 rounds, the right is 10.

Im happy.

20120519_134921-vi.jpg

After next weeks match it goes back to Predator to get the barrel and action coated in Ceracoat while I do a custom German Flecktarn camo job on the stock.

I couldnt be happier with the .243 though I'll tell you that. What a pleasure to shoot.

Re: Predator Custom build w range report

Very nice, How do you like that action?? My buddy shoots one and he loves it. I have ran it a little and i must say i like that short throw..

I like the action.....I like how beefy it is.

I would trade the short throw for an easier bolt lift though.

Looks great. That would be a dream build for me. The right action, the right stock, and the right glass!

That is one sweet looking rifle. I've heard good things about the fellas over at Predator. It's good to know that there is a quality gun shop right here in Knoxville. I'll have to give them a call next time I need work done.