• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater PREDATORS

Re: PREDATORS

How did I not hear about this movie until around a week ago? Did they intentionally keep a lid on it?

Looks interesting, I liked the original and for the most part the second one. Alien vs. Predator was a kind of cool take on it since the alien skull was on the wall in the second.

That said, if I'm understanding the trailer correctly the humans were captured and released???

I can't believe the Predators will take part in a canned hunt...
smile.gif

just saw the preview, and i'm PUMPED. i love all things Predator and this doesnt look like it will disappoint.
AVP was an awesome spin. AVPR was lack luster but had potential.
I have been hoping that another was on the way...would have liked to see a couple more big name bad asses instead of the cast of supposed "most dangerous killers on the planet"
a reappearance of "Dutch" even if he were killed off would have been nice.

as a big predator fan (can you tell by my name?) i found out that originally dutch (arnold) was going to do a cameo.

from what i'm getting, people were taken and dropped on a planet to be hunted "predator style" although i didn't look at it as a canned hunt until now. well i guess they'll have the usual "honorable foe" catch and release thing going on somewhere.

supposedly this is more geared towards the first and IMO the best. wasn't too hot on the alien vs. ones, but still have a soft spot in my heart for 'em.

sounds silly but b-4 every opening day of hunting season i watch the first one to get the "tude" on. folks in the next valley generally know when i tag out as they hear that predator victory yell echo through. like i said silly, but cheaper than therapy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
would have liked to see a couple more big name bad asses instead of the cast of supposed "most dangerous killers on the planet" </div></div>
exactly what i was thinking. i went to the website and they hinted that the doctor guy who the other people didnt think should be there, migh be the most dangerous of all of them. it may tie into the "Honorable Release" thing since from what i've seen, he is only armed with a scalpel(well, maybe not, just speculating)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scar527</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
would have liked to see a couple more big name bad asses instead of the cast of supposed "most dangerous killers on the planet" </div></div>
exactly what i was thinking. i went to the website and they hinted that the doctor guy who the other people didnt think should be there, migh be the most dangerous of all of them. it may tie into the "Honorable Release" thing since from what i've seen, he is only armed with a scalpel(well, maybe not, just speculating) </div></div>

yesm, i waded through all the stuff on the website and find that it seems to have a nice plot, but yes, i would have loved to see a cameo of Dutch...even if his corpse was mounted on a wooden stake or his skull next to his home made (really shitty) bow from the first flick. I'm curious to see what the lil punk from "That 70's Show" will bring to the table. He played a good "Venom" in Spiderman, maybe he will dawn the return of the black suit. lol

His woodpecker clicking is my text/mail notification on my phone. It's funny to watch people guess what the sound is from.

Yes, that's a R93 LRS. Can't wait to see that flick on BluRay. Love the Predator movies (what a surprise!)...sadly the Preds always died in the end, hope this movie will be different. Friggin hoomins.

I'm pretty stoked for this movie as well. I just hope it delivers. I am really surprised the producers didn't do a better job hyping the movie, though that may say something about how good it is. I'll go see it either way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If it bleeds....we can kill it"</div></div>

one of my favorite quotes of all time, any movie, any actor. hell, even my favorite over any real person quotes.

also...from #1 "it's using the trees, like a hunter", "it didn't kill you 'cause you weren't armed...no sport" and the immortal "i ain't got time to bleed".

from #2 after putting down the predator and more appear out of "nowhere" danny glovers says, "OK, who's next?"

hopefully there will be some quotables in this one too, for effect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am really surprised the producers didn't do a better job hyping the movie, though that may say something about how good it is. </div></div>

i was a little surprised too. i know in japan there's a HUGE cult following with the predator saga, with comic books, and what they call "Yautja" - i guess the same kinda folks that speak Klingon fluently follow that also.

guess i'm nerd too, Kaplah? what kind of predator are you quiz:
http://www.jokerdesigns.com/thehunted/misc/index.php

they even have the 3 dot triangular lazer sights for guns these days, so maybe the producers figure there's enough folks following the predator series that they could save a few $ on advertising.

anyhow, hopefully after seeing it this weekend, i hope i have the urge to hunt something the next day. in a sporting manner, of course!

Any Nemesis that can make Arnold look "Tiny" is good in my book.
My favorite quote was from the Original.
Jesse Ventura " They're Dug in like an Alabama Tick"...
I use that one often only I change it around to say I'm dug in like an Alabama Tick....
Cant wait..
George of the Jungle

I saw the previews, looked good.

That said - the original "Predator" guy - 7 foot tall dude- heck of a good "Predator" - he had a surgery, got AIDS, and died. Sad..

Sad indeed.

But to cheer you guys up:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ljEC7HKbP0g"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ljEC7HKbP0g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShareTheToys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did I not hear about this movie until around a week ago? Did they intentionally keep a lid on it? </div></div>

LOL! I'm in the same boat. My buddy asked me if I wanted to see it and I was like "WTF are you talking about?!".

Still, I hope the directing is on point. It's not the lines or the acting that kills a movie for me, it's the directors lack of creativity.

Going to see it this weekend. It'll be my first movie in about a year now.

Saw an advanced screening of this 2 days ago

I loved it.

I have always been a huge predator fan and this went down well in my books. Might have to add another mask to my collection i think. Also, little richies - long tall sally was used as the closing credits music! I lol'd

Rodriguez did a good job. The music is from the original and alot of sounds were recycled from P1... this was a good touch

I would have to say my order of favorite predators movies would be in the following order

- Predator
- Predator 2
- Predators
- AVP: Requiem
- AVP

So far I'm hearing this is the true Sequel to Predator 1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw an advanced screening of this 2 days ago
The music is from the original and alot of sounds were recycled from P1... this was a good touch

I would have to say my order of favorite predators movies would be in the following order

- Predator
- Predator 2
- Predators
- AVP: Requiem
- AVP</div></div>

oh baby i was hoping they'd bring back that music!
"da da da da dum dum"

lucky bastard seen it two days ago, i'm green with envy. my ranking is mostly the same as yours, hoping that predators will suit my fancy and be second.

we'll see tomorrow at 11:05 am, the first showing in my area, thanks for not giving away too much.

i'm stoked!!

I hope it's worth a shit, but will probably be disappointed once again...

It's got to be better than AVP Requiem, that movie was awful.

just got back from the theater, my review trying not to let any cats out of the bag...some details, but not enough to ruin it for you, read if you choose....

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">PREDATORS</span></span> - worth the time and ticket price. from beginning to end, had action in it, without any of it getting out of reason. stayed VERY true to the original, although some of the scenes / situations were a bit <span style="font-weight: bold">too</span> similiar...but still done tastefully. i also thought it left the AVP movies in the dust. in my opinion, held true to the phylisophical theme that cunning - with a sprinkling of instinct, and doing what it takes to survive (sometimes having to get down and dirty) will overcome the situation you are in, if you really want to survive - both predator and prey.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">STORY LINE</span></span> - is just as advertised: humans of a certain disposition (and worthiness) are abducted (more or less) by a civilization of aliens that enjoy the thrill of the hunt, even to the death. the humans are brought to a planet which is more or less a hunting ranch to give sport to the aliens.

the "hunt" seens were very good, however lacked some of the "cat and mouse styled stalking" characteristics of the 1st. i don't know if it was becuase we already know what is lurking around in the jungle, but it just seemed to lack some of the mystique of the 1st. to me it seemed that even the stalking feel of the 2nd movie had a more "huntyness" about it. i also had a feeling that technology and technological weapons had more precedence than the primitive "mano a mano" conflicts of the 1st and 2nd - but not enough to cheapen the movie.

on the other hand if there were no 1st movie, this sequel would have been championed on it's own merits. probably the best sequel to any movie i've seen, other than star wars / empire strikes back.

the effects were great, and they didn't spend alot of time on building up the characters, which was a plus in my book for the type of movie it is.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">THE CHARACTERS</span></span> - by observing the way they carried themselves and mode of dress, it seemed that it was up to the viewer to determine the kind of character they have - just like the 1st. towards the middle of the flick, the characters are ones that you can get on board with, if ever being in that same situation. i thought the use of the F word was overdone, as if they were trying to be to make out the characters to be too much of badasses via cursing. not that a swear word is a bad thing, just too many too close together in my opinion. characters weapons - some easily identified, some not, some easily IDed although heavily modified. got to get the one that Royce had! there was a better than decent twist to the storyline using the characters, but nothing that turned it into a chic flick. i was never a fan of lawrence fishbourne, and i thought his screentime was well used. at first i thought Royce (aka, this films dutch) would have been a better james bond, but once again about mid film, got on board with his character. there was a slight connection with the first movie, but it was brief, well constructed, albeit a little too coincidental.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">THE PREDATORS</span></span> themselves - found out more about "predator culture" and was subtle, but informitive enough to make it interesting and realistic. there were a few "new" things we found out about them and their breed, without it getting silly. also a few more predator weapons / tools were introduced, and kind of an explanation on how / why those weapons were developed, along with how certain tactics had made this race of aliens the successful predators they are. again, in a subtle enough way to make it believable. it had a certain flow about it. they kept the predators having that honorable, sporting way about them which was / is always welcomed.

there was only 1 descrepency i could see, and has to do with a nosebleed that suddenly got cured and no trace of blood, but that lends nothing to the overall plot or continuity of the scenes.

the background music was the same as the first, which was welcomed and added that "feel" to it all.

i like how the ending was, though i will make no mention of it other than i can't wait to see predatorS 2, if they decide to do it. and left the theater satisfied if not another one was made and they leave it as that.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">COMPARISON TO THE OTHER MOVIES</span></span> all in all very good, edging on great. DEFINATELY blows the AVP ones out of the water. if you think the first predator was the best, and predator 2 being second best, this edition either supasses predator 2, or ties with it. for me, if it had more of the "cat and mouse type of stalking" involved, it would be the 2nd best in the series, but for now, in my opinion, ties with P2 at second. as mentioned above, if this movie wasn't a sequel to another, it would be outstanding on it's own merits. go and see it, it is NOT a disappointment.

perhaps i'll feel differently after my 50th viewing
grin.gif
, and it'll rank 2nd place alone.

1. PREDATOR
2. PREDATOR 2 / PREDATORS - TIE, leaning towards predators
3. AVP Requiem
4. AVP

only question left is whom out of this movie is going to be elected to office?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidonna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope it's worth a shit, but will probably be disappointed once again...</div></div>
you wront...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThudF105d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's got to be better than AVP Requiem, that movie was awful.</div></div>
+1
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rated21R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait to see this. Hopefully my wife will let me break away for 2 hours.</div></div>
send her to get her hair done, it's worth the added expense!

Good but not great movie sequel. A little slow getting started but the movie stayed interesting enough not to get bored.

A reference to the predator invasion in the 80's hinted at the ending.

A good movie worth seeing. Probably the second best "Predator" movie next to the origonal.

Kind of the plot of the short story "The Most Dangerous Game" except with aliens

Long time predator fan.Read and collected the books before the movies came around.I'm old school.The books give more background on the predator history.Predators would train their untested young by hunting aliens that were planted on planets by drone Alien Egg laying ships.A no fence alien hunt.The young predators got the "brand" for their first alien kill,if they lived.I like the fact that the predators do die and they usually fight in close quarter battle.It sounds like a true predator plot.I'm not going to wait for it to come out on DVD,these movies have to be seen on the big screen.Thanks for the review.
STEVE

Just watched Predators, if I had not seen the original one I may have been more impressed. I was let down by this one as all it was was a remake of the first one and I mean down to the sound track and even had some lines from the first one. And the end was very predictable. Very low rating from me just on the lack of originality.

I think this was the last time I'm going to watch a predator movie, the first one was great all of the remakes were poor copies, this was best copy so far but, i'd rather watch the original again then another one of these.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 223man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watched Predators, if I had not seen the original one I may have been more impressed. I was let down by this one as all it was was a remake of the first one and I mean down to the sound track and even had some lines from the first one. And the end was very predictable. Very low rating from me just on the lack of originality. </div></div>

Seriously how original can they get with this type of movie? And they reused the musics, lines etc from the first one because they worked. Instead of sucking ass like Pred 2 and AVP 1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long time predator fan.Read and collected the books before the movies came around.I'm old school.The books give more background on the predator history.Predators would train their untested young by hunting aliens that were planted on planets by drone Alien Egg laying ships.A no fence alien hunt.The young predators got the "brand" for their first alien kill,if they lived.I like the fact that the predators do die and they usually fight in close quarter battle.It sounds like a true predator plot.I'm not going to wait for it to come out on DVD,these movies have to be seen on the big screen.Thanks for the review.
STEVE </div></div>

If there's one thing I hate more than "the book was way better" is people who are full of shit. There was no book prior to the movie. The original movie was tweaked and punched up on the fly to include what we now know as "the Predator"....not to mention almost never being made for several reasons. Initially they had Jean Claude Van Damme who (replaced a chimp) dressed up as a sort of bug/ninja that launched harpoons. If you look hard in the first one they still used the profile of the original design for the "camo" scenes. Also, Ventura's character is stunned by the "harpoon" prior to taking it in the chest.

What was meant to be a refreshing "FOX" cameo in the second Predator sparked a million wet dreams and half-assed ideas from a bunch sci-fi fan fiction writing jack-offs. They even crossed the Predator/Aliens in with Batman for fuck sake!

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!

PS. The new movie is very good. Not as good as the first, but Rodriguez did it justice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long time predator fan.Read and collected the books before the movies came around.I'm old school.The books give more background on the predator history.Predators would train their untested young by hunting aliens that were planted on planets by drone Alien Egg laying ships.A no fence alien hunt.The young predators got the "brand" for their first alien kill,if they lived.I like the fact that the predators do die and they usually fight in close quarter battle.It sounds like a true predator plot.I'm not going to wait for it to come out on DVD,these movies have to be seen on the big screen.Thanks for the review.
STEVE </div></div>

If there's one thing I hate more than "the book was way better" is people who are full of shit. There was no book prior to the movie. The original movie was tweaked and punched up on the fly to include what we now know as "the Predator"....not to mention almost never being made for several reasons. Initially they had Jean Claude Van Damme who (replaced a chimp) dressed up as a sort of bug/ninja that launched harpoons. If you look hard in the first one they still used the profile of the original design for the "camo" scenes. Also, Ventura's character is stunned by the "harpoon" prior to taking it in the chest.

What was meant to be a refreshing "FOX" cameo in the second Predator sparked a million wet dreams and half-assed ideas from a bunch sci-fi fan fiction writing jack-offs. They even crossed the Predator/Aliens in with Batman for fuck sake!

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!

PS. The new movie is very good. Not as good as the first, but Rodriguez did it justice. </div></div>

Did you get your ass kicked after a predator movie by a nerd ? Did a nerd steal your girlfriend after a predator movie ? Were you raped by a predator ? Is your mama a predator ? Did a prdator cut you off on the highway ??
Sometime's I am full of shit,especially after eating half a tray of my predator ziti.I guess the 1985 or 86 comic books (I still think I have,but I'll have to take my retainer out,unplug the nightlight and go downstairs and ask my mom if she knows where they are) didn't come out before the 1987 movie.Where did I say any "book" was better than the movie ?? I was 16 at the time and was by no means a nerd.I liked the story and cool weapon's/technology the predators used.
You have alot of knowledge of the predator history.Maybe you should come out of the nerd closet.Thanks for the review,now I'm definatly going to get together with my friends and go see it.I might even put some freah tape on my glasses and break out the new pocket pencil holder I have saved for such a special occasion.
STEVE

I went out to see it, and I thought it was awesome. I still like the first one more, but I was happy to see a predator movie worthy of the big screen price. I loved that they brought back the original bad ass machete from the first movie and that they didn't do the cheasie "screaming Billy" and actually committed to a solid fight scene. It's worth going to IMO.

Predators was a great movie. Took the whole family to see it--and the concensus was very positive. I would rate it as second to the original. P2 was ruined by cheesy dialogue, but saved by great special effects. Can't wait for this to come out in BluRay!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joey762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be seeing it this Friday, good to hear everybody is really liking it! </div></div>

I thought it was pretty hilarious myself. The weapons, acting etc as well as adrien brody doing a schwartzenegger impression were all a bit too much for me. It was fun though which is how going to the movies should be.

On a side note I took my gf and her kid to dinner and a movie - Despicable Me - it's pretty good and not horribly stupifying like the Tooth Fairy movie I took him to see previously (he's 5).

Just saw the movie over the weekend.......thought it paid good homage to the original by placing it in a wooded environment with a real "hunting" feel to it. Of course, I had a little problem with some of the weapon scenes.....

The Russian with the mini-cannon proved the old adage of "Spray & Pray"......cuz he couldn't hit shit with it!! Can't hit an alien hunting dog with it, but the prisoner does more damage with a 3 inch homemade shank.....LOL!

Overall......it was good movie & the ending definitely leaves more up in the air....

HA HA! Yes, I agree with the above ^^. "Accuracy by volume" still couldn't apply...not even with a mini gun!

Overall the movie was entertaining, which is all I really want from a movie.

Caught the matinee yesterday. Not a bad movie at all. It did precisely what it set out to do: entertain. I will have to say though, did Adrian Brody go to the same voice coach that Christian Bale did before The Dark Knight? These tough guy voices are really over the top.