• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferences on 1pc cleaning rods

Re: Preferences on 1pc cleaning rods

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dewey </div></div>

+1...Deweys rock.

I like the ProShot 17cal SS Rod myself. The 17cal rod fits the CZ better than a 22 cal.

I use Bore Tech Bore Stixs and they have worked flawlessly for me. I use a .22Cal rimfire for my LR and WMR. I use a .17Cal rod for the HM2/HMR.

I have Bore Tech's rods for my centerfire's and there great but if I did a rimfire rod I would buy an Ivy. and an Mwerks guide rod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnschutzNerd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ivy

I gave away my Dewey rods.

AnschutzNerd </div></div>

Best place to get the Ivy rods???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strojo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnschutzNerd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ivy

I gave away my Dewey rods.

AnschutzNerd </div></div>

Best place to get the Ivy rods??? </div></div>

Direct from Ivy. Made one at a time. How long do you need and what diameter does your bore / guide accept?

http://www.ivyrods.com/CleaningRODS.htm

Happy customer,

AnschutzNerd

i use a tipton carbon fiber rod. Everyone loves dewey, but there is a chance the coating gets scraped off.

Otis pull through cable. Its one piece. Pull it through the bore and done. No dirty rod banging the bore when pulling it back through the barrel. Add a good foam bore cleaner (no brush needed) and you will never have metal touching your bore again. The cable is coated so you don't need a bore guide either.
I am working on a way to cover the brass parts of the cable so it doesn't touch the bore either but I think thats overboard as I can't see just the touching for the brass end as you thread the end through the bore does any damage but I am going to be covering it just to be anal.

For .22 rimfire, IVY. Everythig else Dewey, only because I already owned the Deweys. I have had my .30 cal Dewey for 20+ years. JPG