• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred Reloading Supply Source

coues7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2007
White Mountains AZ
We are getting ready to do a big group buy at work for powders/primers and Hazmat associated items. Who do you all recommend. The main 3 I have on my radar are: Graf & Sons, Wideners and Powder River.

Thanks

Re: Preferred Reloading Supply Source

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coues7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are getting ready to do a big group buy at work for powders/primers and Hazmat associated items. Who do you all recommend. The main 3 I have on my radar are: Graf & Sons, Wideners and Powder River.

Thanks </div></div>

Powder Valley seems to be the cheapest these days, but others do offer sales here and there, so one needs to be scanning the various online sites for deals.

I scan about 6-7 different places on a weekly basis.

I'm agnostic when it comes to one being 'the best', but PVI is pretty good.

Chris

Powder Valley.

"FREE FREIGHT AND HAZMAT - Order two or more cases (10,000) of Tula primers and we will ship to you free. That's right, no freight, no hazmat, no insurance. You can add up to 40 lbs of additional product to your order.

Their recent deal of free Hazmat if you order some Russian primers (which is what I have been using lately anyway) makes them hard to beat!

Does anyone have any experience with Tula vs Wolf? I've been using Wolf for my 556 stuff and been very pleased.

http://www.flame.murom.ru/en/default.htm

Produced at the same plant.

I've also had good luck with the Wolf in the 5.56, but have not yet tried the large rifle primers I recently ordered. But I think they are just getting away from using the Wolf brandname, for whatever reason. Packing label on the case of 5000 primer box is the same as Wolf (which just has the Muron plant and lot details). Boxes of 100 have new non-Wolf cover on them, but same black plastic tray, etc.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are. Here in Canada if you find something you like to use you buy all of it as you might not be able to get it again for a while. Spend plenty of my time chasing down components etc and paying shipping to get them once I have found them.

Powder valley for powders and primers and Grafs for bullets...it's always a little cheapr since they don't charge a separate shipping fee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Powder Valley </div></div>

+1
Good prices

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dasher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Powder Valley is hard to beat on Lapua brass and powder.
</div></div>

Bruno's for anything Lapua and Powder Valley for powder and primers.

Powder Valley ROCKS--but there are others less known. For slugs, it is tough to beat Connecticut Firearms and Tactical (dfar on the Hide) also, Gunstop in MN is a great source as well.

How "BIG" a buy?
If you're talking serious volume, I would not discount the big players that might normally be a few pennies more.
Remember, they're buying in much larger quantities than the smaller shops...

For large volumes, I'd call Midway, Brownell's/Sinclair, Natchez.

You never know, they might play ball on a large enough order.

I think we are going with Powder Valley. We'll put every bit of what we can on the Hazmat.....

If you have an FFL (C&R OK) Black Hills Shooters Supply has low prices on bullets, powders and primers and their price includes free shipping and hazmat charges.

Depends on hoe much u are talking but I think I might be able to help u
wink.gif

Give me a call tomorrow and we can talk prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have an FFL (C&R OK) Black Hills Shooters Supply has low prices on bullets, powders and primers and their price includes free shipping and hazmat charges. </div></div>
They do not have a good inventory

Remember that NO ONE IS GOING TO HAVE EVERYTHING IN STOCK AT THE SAME TIME.

If you get a pallet delivery to a commercial address from Grafs you can get up 100 # of powder at a time pretty cheap.