• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prefit in 6 CM & throating ?

Baddog 0302

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
Panhandle of FLA
Looking for info on a new build using an old 700 SA. Looking at Prefits in 6 CM, the few that I have talked to said either we offer one throat length so take it or leave it, or there is the one that had two and I was told, one is for 105 to 108's and the other is for 110 th 115's. My problem is I have a large collection of both groups of bullets
Thoughts ?

Try northland shooter supply they took care of me for about $400.

Try northland shooter supply they took care of me for about $400.
They are the ones that told me either chamber for the 105's th 108's OR for the 110 th 115's. Go with the longer "match" chamber and the shorter bullets have a big jump ??
I'm wondering what the other's that offer prefit 's are offering ??

You might have to get a barrel blank and have it chambered the way you want. Good luck

Sammi is .183 and works well with the 108ELDs but is pretty long for the 110SMK. Which is backwards of what you were told it seems from Northland. It helps to know what specific bullet you want to use to help decide your throat.

Sammi is .183 and works well with the 108ELDs but is pretty long for the 110SMK. Which is backwards of what you were told it seems from Northland. It helps to know what specific bullet you want to use to help decide your throat.
TRUE, my "problem" is that I had a couple of long time USMC buddies that got into F class shooting and got PCS orders to guard duty in heaven and I helped their wife's with their estate sale and came away with to many LR 6 mm bullets ranging from 105,107,108 and way to many 115's.

You might consider celebrating their lives and change of duty stations. By sharing their stories & LR 6mm bullets with others their memory will live on. If this is something you want to do just post them in the px and I’ll buy some of them. Sorry to hear about your buddies and their sacrifice. Semper Fi

I can say that the 108 ELD and the 107 SMK are fine running in the . 183" Sammi. I can get the coal of loaded rounds for you when I get home if you'd like.
However getting to the lands with the 110 SMK with that chamber doesn't leave much of the bullet in the neck.
Maybe build it for what you have the majority of bullets in, or use Sammi and not worry about chasing the lands.

I try to seat my bullets so that the gas ring/bottom of bullet that is a full cal. no deeper that the neck/shoulder junction. Talking with my gun smith i should use the bolt face to ogive /end of lead on all my seating dummy's to see where each bullet falls.
May ponder on another 6 chamber to help keep brass separate

Attachments

• 6mm Creedmoor.jpg
    6mm Creedmoor.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 6mmCreedmoor Match.pdf
    127.5 KB · Views: 15