• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier 5-25 or Vortex Razor 5-20 for .50BMG?

Re: Premier 5-25 or Vortex Razor 5-20 for .50BMG?

Resurrecting this thread - does your experience show that 20x max magnification (that Razor HD provides) is sufficient for 50BMG at its maximum distance? Or do you wish for 25x (of Premier or S&B)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Resurrecting this thread - does your experience show that 20x max magnification (that Razor HD provides) is sufficient for 50BMG at its maximum distance? Or do you wish for 25x (of Premier or S&B)? </div></div>

I can not say yet. I have decided on the Premier 5-25X56 because if another scope didnt stack up to the Premier, I would be kicking my self.
I ordered a Premier 5-25X56 DT Gen2 XR from Scott at Liberty Optics, It will be July before I get it.
I will post a review after I get a chance to test it out.

I have not used the S&B with a reticle I liked but I have not used the P4F. I am a big fan of the PH 25x Gen 2X MTC. Yes, I sent it back to be fixed once but that does not change my opinion. Great glass, great reticle, great feel...what is not to like?

Looking forward to your review.

Well, this isn't a question of whether Premier Heritage is a better scope than Vortex Razor HD (probably it is, and for sure it costs quite a bit more).

What I'd like to know is just whether that the extra 5x of magnification that some other scopes (such as Premier) offer matters at the maximum distance, or 20x is enough for practical purposes.

TNX!

I have a couple of 20 power scopes and one of the 5x25 premiers like you are describing. There is not that much diff in magnification but I do not shoot to 1k like you are planning on. I have not looked through a razor but hear they are great. I do love my premier over all my other scopes, zeiss's included. I would think that it would be better to get the 5x25 but there are tons of people shooting to 1k with 3x15's also.