• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Light Tactical Scopes

JBD56

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2012
Minnesota
I am exploring all options on who sells these scopes. EuroOptics seems to have the best price on them, but I wanted to see if anyone else has found other good sources with all reticle options.

I would also like to hear pro's and con's from anyone that has used one of these scopes. This is going on a 6.5 WSM that will be used for deer and yotes mainly.

Re: Premier Light Tactical Scopes

I'm interested in this scope as well. It has a great set of features and weight. However, Premier doesn't seem stable at the moment. As such, I'll wait to buy one just to be sure.

I have used the scope on a GAP 10 in 260 and 308. It is a very good light weight tactical option. I really like the window on the turrets that tell you what revolution you are on. It is typical Premier quality, which is to say it is a cut above the rest.

I don't know where all of this stuff about the instability of Premier is coming from, but I plan on making another Premier purchase in the near future. I'm not too worried about it.

I really like mine. My first Premier was the Heritage 3-15 and it always felt too heavy for a .308. The LT is just perfect @ 25 oz. and more than enough elevation w/o being ridiculous for the ballistics of a .308 cartridge.

Premier has scaled back but is just fine.

I have one on a 308 too. Great little scope. Excellent glass. A touch under my Schmidt 3-20 but great nonetheless. Thought about selling it a couple months ago but couldn't bring myself to do it!

Having had 6 of these (currently have 3)all Gen II mildot, I have had zero issues with any of them. They are feature rich and a perfect weight. All reside on 8 to 9lb hunting rifles.

I would recommend the Gen II mildot in the 3-15 power range BTW. The front focal XR is a bit too fine in that scope IMO. Probably better in a higher power optic like the 5-25 Heritage.

I've owned/own USO, S&B, Zeiss, IOR, Hensholdt,Meopta,multiple Leupolds and upper end Bushnells.
The Premier LT has everything I need in a scope.

I'd call up BJ or Adam at 3rd Generation Shooting Supply. Website shows they have 2 light tac's in stock with the gen 2 xr. I have the 5-25 with the gen 2 xr and love it. I would say the reticle is a little thin below 7, but very usable from 7-15.

I love mine. I just moved it to my hunting rifle.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZsBpuuKW7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 33shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested in this scope as well. It has a great set of features and weight. However, Premier doesn't seem stable at the moment. As such, I'll wait to buy one just to be sure. </div></div>

Any reason for the instability? I have heard this from someone else as well. Is there anyone from Premier that is a member here that can give us the straight scoop? I appreciate the feedback from you that have them. I ordered one out this week and should have it on Friday. It is going on a 6.5WSM as a Montana LR shooter this fall.

Back from a hunt in Africa with my Premier LT, nothing bad to say about it, performed flawlessly, everything died that was supposed to.

My Premiers, LT and Heritage, have been dead nutz reliable, very accurate and precise, and glass is among the best I've owned or used.

They ain't $500, that's the only con, but you get what you pay for.