Press mounting?

rero360

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2008
South Pasadena, CA
I currently own an RCBS rock chucker and a lee turrett press, with both of them being attached to a 2x6 that is in turn clamped to my bench top.

I was looking at Dillon's website and saw their steel mounts that raise the press up and mounts to the bench top. Thse look like a great idea.

Does anyone know if those mounts would be compatible with non Dillon presses, and if not, does anyone else out there make a similar product for presses other than Dillon?

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    Sanger, TEXAS!
    Re: Press mounting?

My Co-Ax is secured to a Dillon Strong Mount, I had to enlarge the holes to make it work, if you don't to do that, just make a new top plate for your press.
    dscf0067j.jpg

rero360

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 30, 2008
    South Pasadena, CA

Awsome, I'm handy enough that I can manage to enlarge holes if need be, or even drill new ones. Thanks for the info Cobra.

Rafael

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2003
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Co-Ax is secured to a Dillon Strong Mount, I had to enlarge the holes to make it work, if you don't to do that, just make a new top plate for your press.
    dscf0067j.jpg
    </div></div>

Good work on the primer catcher....your idea?
    How does the tube connect to the container-top?

ryanjay11

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2010
    Missouri

If you have access to a welding shop, you can make a strong mount for your presses for about $7 worth of materials. I modeled mine after the dillon strong mount used on my 550. It didn't need to be as high as the Dillon. I just used a piece of 1/4" thick steel. I scored the bends with an angle grinder and cut it across at an angle. I had a buddy spot weld where the bends are and sprayed them black with spray paint. They look just as nice as the strong mount and I have $7 total in them. I can post photos if you are interested.

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
    Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    Sanger, TEXAS!

Rafael the primer catch system you see is standard on the Co-Ax, I just put a bigger bottle on mine

BigJakeJ1s

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX

The standard co-ax bottle's lid has a hole in it which slips over the end of the spent primer tube. An e-clip on the bottom of the tube secures the lid, and the bottle screws onto the lid. The standard bottle lid is metal, and the jar is plastic.

Andy

Rafael

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2003
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rafael the primer catch system you see is standard on the Co-Ax, I just put a bigger bottle on mine </div></div>
    Good idea, both.
    I prefer that to the tube-only on my T-7 and Hornady Progressive presses.
    I let them fill up and then have to mess around to get the jammed primers to drop out.

Rafael

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2003
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJakeJ1s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The standard co-ax bottle's lid has a hole in it which slips over the end of the spent primer tube. An e-clip on the bottom of the tube secures the lid, and the bottle screws onto the lid. The standard bottle lid is metal, and the jar is plastic.

Andy </div></div>
    Gotcha. Looks like it works well.