• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PRI Forearms

crocodile427

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Houston, Texas
Im new to the site, first post, all that jabber. Havent been a lurker either, just started coming here, so I figured Id join right away. Im here for info, and wont be posting alot.

I hope Im posting in the right place, if not, please let me know.

I have an Armalite AR10 A4 I would like to free float. I have thought long about it, and have decided on the PRI Delta forearm. I held an AR15 with the same type and I fell in love with it.

I was wanting to find a good price, but cant find them anywhere except PRI's site. Is there anywhere else to get them? I have found the AR15 ones around, but cant even find the regular 308 forearms.

Also, does anyone here have this forearm on their rifle? I would like to get the top rail that bolts to the upper as well, but not sure which one. They have 3 different ones I think, with or without front sight clearance, etc. I would like to know if anyone has these, on the Delta forearm or the regular, and how they like them.

This is my "do all" gun. I would like to shoot competitions, hunting, and all that other good stuff. I havent yet, will be very soon. This is my year to jump into shooting sprts. Been plinking for too long.

So yeah, thats it. Just looking for reviews on the PRI, and if anyone has used their full length rails and how they like them. Again, I hope I posted in the right place, if not, I will next time.

Please dont abuse the new guy!
eek.gif

Re: PRI Forearms

Welcome to the hide !
I dont have the new rail Like you want But I do have PRI rail and I have beat the Total HELL out of a PRI MK12 with recce rail bridge Its has 12300 rounds down it and I cant talk good enough about PRI what a Good company !

imagesgj.jpg

imagedbn.jpg

I have one on m 6.8 build and love it. I got my rail through Bravo Company since they give two full length rails. But you're right, I don't recall seeing many places with the 308 rails. You might just have to buy directly from PRI.

One thing I'll bring up to get you thinking..... What optics are you planning on using? Are you wanting to bave back up iron sights? And are you wanting a QD scope mount? All the questions come into play if you decide to use the rail that bridges the upper to the forend.

If you want to use a QD scope mount or some kind of optic with an integrated mount (ACOG, EoTech) they might be too high. Also depending on your scope rings should work well if the objextive isn't touching the rail.

What this is all getting at is that you may not need the additional rail which adds height. The forends are awesome but doe some thinking on the rail.

Thanks for the replies, and I appreciate this site alot. Good stuff here.

I actually have taken into consideration the height of the scope, however I havenot decided which one yet. I just got a response from PRI, they dont make a top rail with the front sight clearance for the Delta arm, just the full length. I asked if the other rails would work, so Im waiting on a response for that.

Im not looking for a large scope, I would like to keep it sleek, nothing too long either. 12" or under is what Im thinking. Then I would be able to get some low mounts and be ok with the height. I have a big head, kinda awkward shaped to, so it would work for me.

The scope I "think" I want, but havent been able to hold or look through, is the Burris XTR 1.5-6x. Or a Leupold Mark AR of similar power. Havent been able to find either to phsyically check them out. The objective looks kinda big on the Burris, but like I said, Im not sure yet.

I kinda wanted the front sight clearance, because I love iron sights, and plan on always using them. But, maybe PRI will make one in the future and I can just use the regular rails for now, no biggie.

What scopes are you using ASM1? And you ruined your bowl...

I bought my PRI through Midway. Pull the code off the midway thread and you'll get $30 off.

I just got it this week for my Mod 0 build.

Get one of pri's gas block/front sights. Then you won't need to worry about the front sight clearance. My forearm isn't the delta model but they mount up the same way. You remove the rail that comes installed then the full rail bolts directly to the forearm.

IMG_0953.jpg

Nice rigs, first time I went to MidWay, I didnt notice any 308 stuff. Then I poked around again, and found some stuff, but not the Delta forearm.

I was thinking about their front sight, or their gas block that is raised to receiver height if there is enough room. Or maybe using their carbine length top rail and use a shorter normal rail in front of it since I have the rifle length. That might look too funky though.

I like to be able to hold stuff and actually check it outt before I buy. Not big on buying sight unseen. Especially when it comes to optics or sights. The PRI looks nice, but I would like to hold it before I buy it. Maybe they would let me return it or something, but I dont like being "that guy" either. Thats why Houston sucks, not alot of parts shops to choose from. Atleast I dont know any good ones.

Anyways, Im waiting on some responses from PRI and Re25, so soon I will have my Delta in hand. Do I need PRI's specific tool, or will any forearm tool work?

It uses a standard barrel nut wrench to install it.

The PRI front sight/gas block is a quality piece. You can't go wrong ordering it sight unseen. It has enough tension so that it stays down when you want it to and it locks solidly in the up position with little effort. I'm not sure if you realize though that you'll be stuck using a ARMS rear sight with one of these rails. When mounted properly it leaves the 2 rearmost rail/slots exposed and the rear of the rail is profiled for a seamless fit with the ARMS sight.

I wasnt questioning the quality, just not sure if I will like it. Just personal preference type of thing. I thought I wanted the Diamondhead sights, liked the idea, looked cool, finally held a rifle with them, and didnt like them at all. I like the front sight, but the rear didnt seem very well made. May have just been the ones SOG Armory had. Branded them with their logo, so maybe they were a bad batch. Dont like SOG.

Anyways, I like that you mentioned the rear sight, right now I have the LMT stand alone rear. I like it, but can see how it wont work. I had the ARMS 40L before, and didnt really like so I gave it to my dad. Im sure they have different sights that will work, Ill just have to experiment I guess.