• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Price Check on new purchase

still_N_29palms

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Somerville, Alabama
I bought a Sears&Robuck 20G pump with 28"polly Choke barrel. No majior defects the wood(stock and forarm) looks to be unfinnished oak. No rust, well kept. I do believe Sears quit stamping firearms in 1975 and quit selling them in 1980. I gave $50 dollars for it. Any help on the possible price and if collectible let me know Thank you.

Re: Price Check on new purchase

I seriously doubt there is any collector value here. In my opinion you just got a good price on a "common" shooter. Would be fine for a part time hunter or a starter gun for someone, especially a youth or lady. You got a good deal, probably FMV of $125.00-$175.00. When I was 12 yrs old, I got a used 12 ga , cutts compensator, JC HIGGINS pump, built like a tank finish was great, really quality work Made in America, by the way that was 1959. I shot my first pheasant and many more for the next three years with it until I just had to havde a Remington 870, trade in value was $45.00 against the $75.00 price of the 870. Sears used to have quality sporting goods, but that was a long time ago.
smile.gif

Re: Price Check on new purchase

TY, I bout it on the incase, either way it was a functioning 20G looks good. IMO any firearm is worth at least 50 bones if functioning without rust.