• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Price gouging

Doc68

I'm an asshole....
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2014
    USA
    So what is the going rate for things that are unobtainable currently as far as reloading.

Do you sell them for what you paid or is there a premium nowadays.

I've always sold for under what I paid, even though it's new. I sold a bunch of 7mm bullets back in june for less than what I paid.

For some reason I can't gouge. Guess I'm too nice.

I am not sure I would call it all price gouging some places are only charging 20 dollars over there normal prices but isn't that what you are supposed to get when you did not stock up while the prices were lower ? my hoarding lord and savior stated he stock piled 80 thousand rounds before the whole shortage think started I can only look at that and think man there goes a smart person I was not that smart i wish I was I only got 3k ish rounds I am a poor hoarder in comparison to my hero . I will strive to do better in the future but for now I am in a tiny boat on shit's creek with only 1/4 a paddle and i have to limit how many rounds i do shoot so not to run out as fast . but what ever it is this will make it better .

smile it could always be worse . 😊

Small mark up is the “late to the show” tax.

Cheaper than dirt though.....I’ll NEVER buy from them even when it’s on sale or free.
    I get their email flyers. $60 for a 50 round box of 9mm round nose ammo? Nope. They’re good for a lol. That said, they do have m1 carbine mags for a decent price, if you’re in need. Buy what you want at a price you find acceptable.

Take your fucking commie shit somewhere else OP.
    I have sold a metric shit ton of stuff for less than I paid for it to get it moved on down the road and out of my way. It's a free market system. Just how the hell does that make me a commie? Did you pass your 8th grade civics class?

• Haha
    Reactions: Steel+Killer
    So what is the going rate for things that are unobtainable currently as far as reloading.

Do you sell them for what you paid or is there a premium nowadays.

I've always sold for under what I paid, even though it's new. I sold a bunch of 7mm bullets back in june for less than what I paid.

If someone else needed them badly enuf to pay more you deprive that person by selling to the one to whom they are worth less.

Anyone got some S&W stock they bought prior to March they'd be willing to sell me at less than what they paid for it?????

Who want's to be a nice guy???

I dont reload but the ammo prices are a shame. If you can find it.

Reactions: Ravenworks

Says you to a man who has served many years honorably in the military.

He just asked a simple question

@Doc68 - as retail goes up, so does the private market.
    M193 was $640/1k online this AM.
    Im not pissed. I planned ahead and bought at sub $300. Several times.

Big box stores still sell at pre panic prices. This tells me online retailers are excersizing capitalism to the fullest.

But, you have to check stock regularly and you might even need to drive to the store as they are not shipping to home.

Says you to a man who has served many years honorably in the military.

He just asked a simple question

@Doc68 - as retail goes up, so does the private market.
    M193 was $640/1k online this AM.
    Im not pissed. I planned ahead and bought at sub $300. Several times.

I don't give a fuck if he's Chesty Puller. Commie shit is commie shit. Drop by drop it fills a river drowns our republic.

He’s a feisty fella. Wonder why I haven’t seen him before

Alright gentlemen, here’s my views on “price gouging” we live in a capitalist society, so we can sell and buy at whatever price we want, so for most of us that have a stockpile of ammo we probably won’t pay the inflated prices for ammo and things, but for the person that just bought a shooting iron for the first time to protect them and theirs in this time of civil unrest, they will pay 50 dollars for that box of critical defense that is still on the shelf that wouldn’t have been there otherwise, because one of us would have snatched it up, so where 50 seems outrageous to us, that same 50 seems like a bargain to the guy trying to protect his loved ones, so call it what you will, I call it the greatest country in the world with the greatest economic system!

You're an idiot. I was asking a generalized question here. I was just asking due to things I've seen on other sites.

Guess you never studied in school.....

I am not sure I would call it all price gouging some places are only charging 20 dollars over there normal prices but isn't that what you are supposed to get when you did not stock up while the prices were lower ? my hoarding lord and savior stated he stock piled 80 thousand rounds before the whole shortage think started I can only look at that and think man there goes a smart person I was not that smart i wish I was I only got 3k ish rounds I am a poor hoarder in comparison to my hero . I will strive to do better in the future but for now I am in a tiny boat on shit's creek with only 1/4 a paddle and i have to limit how many rounds i do shoot so not to run out as fast . but what ever it is this will make it better .

smile it could always be worse . 😊

DAMN YOU!!!

Someone else posted that clip a few days ago and the f'ing song has been stuck in my head since. Kinda catchy though and if you are wistling it, you can easily identify the other sick f's in the office. ;)

Yea, too nice my uneducated ass. You're pandering like a motherfucker and we all see right through it.
    First of all it's time to take your tampon out. Secondly, yeah I'm pandering, look at my for sale ads here.....dumbass.

First of all it's time to take your tampon out. Secondly, yeah I'm pandering, look at my for sale ads here.....dumbass.

It's not our fault you're either too fucking poor to afford for or stupid to realize that a primer shortage was coming, that a powder shortage was coming, that a brass shortage was coming, that a bullet shortage was coming, that a factory ammo shortage was coming. You've been a member here since 2014, you have no excuse other than those two explanations. Find somewhere else to slump your fucking feelings and good will off as logic, it ain't flying with me.

Reactions: Jgunner
    Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 7.54.21 PM.png

It's not our fault you're either too fucking poor to afford for or stupid to realize that a primer shortage was coming, that a powder shortage was coming, that a brass shortage was coming, that a bullet shortage was coming, that a factory ammo shortage was coming. You've been a member here since 2014, you have no excuse other than those two explanations. Find somewhere else to slump your fucking feelings and good will off as logic, it ain't flying with me.

He's out there. Hes waiting.

1599008362762.png

Who said I was low on anything.......see what assuming does, it makes an ass out of you and yourself. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Yells01
    I am tired of people who stocked up treating others like shit on the site! Nobody on here is a f-ing genius. Everyone makes good and bad decisions all the time. So stop gloating like assholes. And no, I am not jealous. I am stocked up on ammo, fishing lures, dog food for my buddy, and tequila for me. Why? Mostly by accident. And because my wife is cool and doesn’t bother me about my hobbies. And by the way, Sportsman’s Guide has started raising prices on any ammo not made In Russia. And it sucks.

Once again show me where I'm either price gouging or looking to buy stuff right now.....that's what I thought you child like internet hero.

Wish you had gotten. A perm ban before. Who knows you may have one by the end of the night....

Reactions: Sierra770
    I wonder how many people that support price gouging also consider themselves God followers.

If you support price gouging, would you be okay with the same attitude at your gas station these days? Imagine, you show up at a gas station and last week it's $2 a gallon today it's $4 a gallon... All because of fear.

Reactions: Lesch and Waknstak

I do the same generally. It usually comes back to you eventually.
    I just gave someone 4000 size 2 1/2 primers, 2000 45 bullets and 5000 pieces of 45 brass. They have a 45 and I don't any longer so it was collecting dust and they couldn't find it elsewhere. Nothing wrong with being nice if that's what you like to do.

Reactions: Maggot
    Once again show me where I'm either price gouging or looking to buy stuff right now.....that's what I thought you child like internet hero.

Wish you had gotten. A perm ban before. Who knows you may have one by the end of the night....

I'll say sorry for implying that you're poor, but simply because instead I should have said you didn't make it a priority. Either way, not anyone else's fault how you feel about the situation.

Now to clarify, I have nothing against you as the seller setting whatever price you want, or as a buyer buying for whatever price you want. The notion of controlling sales has crippled democracies the world over, obliging small communist notions is crippling this one. If I'm pissed off that is why. That's all I'm going to say about it to you.

I wonder how many people that support price gouging also consider themselves God followers.

If you support price gouging, would you be okay with the same attitude at your gas station these days? Imagine, you show up at a gas station and last week it's $2 a gallon today it's $4 a gallon... All because of fear.

I think you need to seriously rethink your analogy.
    Gas price hikes happen all the time and so do the drops.
    Supply & Demand.

The other option is simply you don't get to buy any gas because well... according to some folks it's better that nobody have any then the prices be higher than somebody thinks they should be. Which is often EXACTLY what happens thanks to these stupid laws about what you can hike prices to in emergencies.

Price fluctuations are one of the best ways of evening out the demand and the supply to ensure it is efficiently spread around.
    When prices go up, it encourages additional supply to become available.

Yep, if you believe in the eternal universality of product pricing, gasoline is your worst analogy. And, let’s remember that a vault of ammo to Scrooge mcduck back flip into is a want and not a need. The big box stores, for the most part are not the problem. The issue is that resellers, speculators, and gun show denizens are buying up all of the available stock. You gotta be faster than those that don’t have anything better to do. Get on the notifications and babysit your inbox. Strike while the iron is hot. But, you absolutely do not need to pay “panic prices” If you do not want to.

Yep, if you believe in the eternal universality of product pricing, gasoline is your worst analogy. And, let’s remember that a vault of ammo to Scrooge mcduck back flip into is a want and not a need. The big box stores, for the most part are not the problem. The issue is that resellers, speculators, and gun show denizens are buying up all of the available stock. You gotta be faster than those that don’t have anything better to do. Get on the notifications and babysit your inbox. Strike while the iron is hot. But, you absolutely do not need to pay “panic prices” If you do not want to.

Exactly!

It is apparent that the suppliers/manufacturers are not pushing the prices that much higher, else the big box stores would respond accordingly.

If you watch and are quick, you can most certainly still get pre-panic prices.

What you say is also why some big box stores are no longer shipping some ammo directly to buyer and are offering it in store sales only. For instance, saw Scheels today had PMC LAP 62gr 556 for 6.99/box. In store only. Same shit on the web is outrageous.

I always enjoy a thread where one of the participants states that someone with an opposing viewing should be banned, or "just leave". It's pretty much the Pit equivalent of a teenage daughter telling her parents that she wishes they were dead :LOL: