• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prices are fuggin crazy!

And I felt ripped off when I got a pound of 4064 the other day for $52
No way I was leaving it on the shelf tho.....

Reactions: Gohring65
stop hoarding and everything will be fine.

you are creating this bubble. just like housing bubble, stock market bubble, oil bubble, gold bubble...
I don’t know anyone hoarding stocks, oil and gold. Me looking for 308 components doesn’t constitute hoarding. Although if I find 5k primers and 16 pounds of varget, I’m buying it all.

Last edited:
Yup…had to go on gunbroker to pick up some H1000 last week and now my asshole is the size of a manhole-cover.

Now that the market has determined that people are willing to pay WAY over what used to qualify as “retail” we’re all fucked for good.
Remember those 2008 financial crisis “fuel surcharges” the airlines tacked on to flights? Yeah we’re STILL paying that shit too.

At a gunshow last weekend. I rarely buy ammo there anymore bc they are usually carrying specialty ammo thats hard to find.
Not that I use it for anything but burning up at a range, but found Herters 9mm for $65/100 ! WTF
I do shoot 300 PRC (212 gr) and found that at $111/20 ! I know its hard to find but ....

High maintenance girlfriends would be cheaper!

I'll join in I guess....
Shooters World Precision was going to be my Varget substitute but not at the recent price increase powder valley just had them at. I see others also increased their price on SW Precision but not the other stuff like AR Plus, Tactical, etc. I'm sure "they" caught on to people swapping over to Precision since Varget is a damn unicorn and jacked up the price.
I've been very grateful through the years that I can afford this hobby but I believe I'm going to have to take a step back and rethink this...

Reactions: jmw and Gohring65
Roll your own primers. Way easier than I thought 8 months ago. Look up Aardvark reloading to get started if you care. I’m paying a few cents per 1k in chemicals. Costs about $100 or less in tools and chems to get started. I’m just doing pistol primers, non-corrosive. When I run out of rifle primers I’ll start making those too. Reliability is essentially 100%, and you can make magnums or standard. There’s a Mewe group thats been doing it for quite some time. Oh, and after getting settled in, I can make 100 SP primers in about 20 min.

Roll your own primers. Way easier than I thought 8 months ago. Look up Aardvark reloading to get started if you care. I’m paying a few cents per 1k in chemicals. Costs about $100 or less in tools and chems to get started. I’m just doing pistol primers, non-corrosive. When I run out of rifle primers I’ll start making those too. Reliability is essentially 100%, and you can make magnums or standard. There’s a Mewe group thats been doing it for quite some time. Oh, and after getting settled in, I can make 100 SP primers in about 20 min.
You have my attention !!👀

Same. Ive lo key wondered about doing that
It’s a new time commitment, but I now have “primer independence” and I don’t sweat the price of powder anymore. I make hand-cast, powder coated 130gr 9mm ammo with homemade primers for roughly $30 per thousand. This takes me about 6-7 hours to produce, spread out over many evenings puttering in the shop. I’m continually improving the process, and I’m able to use time that I could not otherwise turn into money. YMMV.

Attachments

• B259B57B-5FA7-4932-B0A5-DA8CCDE11156.jpeg
    B259B57B-5FA7-4932-B0A5-DA8CCDE11156.jpeg
    577.5 KB · Views: 40
  • E58C4D91-900C-403C-B1B9-6A44CD99ED6A.jpeg
    E58C4D91-900C-403C-B1B9-6A44CD99ED6A.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 42
Here's the thing about bitching/whining...I believe I've discovered the secret to happiness (at least - internet happiness). Whenever I see a post I don't want to read (for example - "bitching"), I (in my best AOC-style whisper) "scroll past it." Problem solved. It's kinda like TV: Don't like what's on? Pick another channel. It works!

Last edited:
60$ at checkout for 100 178 elds at midway.
Local shop had a pound of 4064 for 67$!
Primers were 10 cents each!
WHAT THE FUCK!!
Gas, building supplies, food.......during Covid they told us it would be going back down before long, but it has only continued upwards.

Basturds are trying to price us into serfdom.

Makes you want to go shoot something, doesn't it?

Gas, building supplies, food.......during Covid they told us it would be going back down before long, but it has only continued upwards.

Basturds are trying to price us into serfdom.

Makes you want to go shoot something, doesn't it?
Wow! RIGHT AFTER i posted that about it making you want to go shoot something....... A BIG ASSED PICTURE OF BIDEN SHOWS UP!!!!!

What does 4064 fit? you guys have been around long enough to know to buy 8#only and bullets by the 1K. Order some cast bullets and play and wait.

What does 4064 fit? you guys have been around long enough to know to buy 8#only and bullets by the 1K. Order some cast bullets and play and wait.
I’ve been burnt before doing that.
This is a new rifle and I’m looking for what it likes. I’ll go with one pound containers of varget, 4064 etc and 1 box of 178s, 175s etc. Once I find what it likes, I usually buy enough for the life of the barrel. Not sure if I can find that much now.

Then buy bergers. I am so tired of people bitching and complaining because they are too lazy or dumb to source components. Shit comes in stock everyday if you take the time to look.

Maybe educate yourself on the market and vendors.

Go find another hobby and stop bitching. Everyone is dealing with the same issues, you aren't special or unique or telling anyone anything they don't already know.
You're tired of people bitching huh? Weren't you the same bad ass that was bitching about me shooting my game with fucking target bullets? LMAO!!

You are bitching about dudes bitching about the market situation, ergo, you're meta-bitching.

"Shit comes in stock everyday if you take the time to look." That's not the fucking point, Mr. Wizard. Damn you are dizzy.

You edited this and it's still darn near impossible to read?
I have no idea what you're talking about not understanding what's going on in certain responses its not like the words are there but 5% of what is missing is the fact your grammar mental insertion something that doesnt matter skills in april need to increase because of there reasons.

I have no idea what you're talking about not understanding what's going on in certain responses its not like the words are there but 5% of what is missing is the fact your grammar mental insertion something that doesnt matter skills in april need to increase because of there reasons.
Wholley shit, I alm0st udderstude that.