• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prices for used TRG-22 rifles?

ronas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
Charleston, South Carolina
I have checked gunbroker and gunsamerican to see what used TRG-22 rifles are selling for. Only ones on gunbroker are new and none on gunsamerican.

Any input would be appreciated.

Call Jason, at Europtic. That's the only place I'd go. Get new, if you can. C'mon. I'f you're going to spend "that much cash", Get new. I did. Then ya "know" what life she's had. I do look at used. A good guy, will have a round count. U can find some deals. I went with the "thought", that IT was going to be my "best" rifle. I "wanted a Virgin". I'm 56, and don't see many virgins, anymore. I have to pay for them. I went New. Just Me., Josh

There's nothing wrong with used, especially with a high-quality rifle like a TRG, especially when you stand to save anywhere from 15-30% versus new. I just bought one used on gunbroker, but they don't come up that often. Much like an AI, the people who have them are generally happy to keep them, and there's always a buyer like yourself watching and waiting to scoop one up. Keep your eyes peeled and one will pop up for you.

I'm 26 and think that virgins are overrated ;)

-matt

I'm 59 and I see lots of virgins the problem is I am invisable to them.

I'm actually trying to figure out whether to sell my TRG-22. I have another rifle which is a custom rifle by Robert Gradous. The threading for the suppressor is SAE, with the trg threading for a suppressor is metric. So I need to at the least have the barrel removed to cut the TRG barrel and have it rethreaded with SAE pitch threads. And if I do that should I just have the TRG rebarreled while it's apart. Round count is 2500 to 2750.

The only risk with buying a used TRG is the previous owner screwing up the trigger. The TRG trigger is great, but is particular about some things.

The process goes like this:

New Owner: "This trigger on the TRG is the best I ever felt! But, I just feel compelled to twist these screws on it and make it better than the experts at the factory that designed it could do."

They then proceed to start twisting allen screws and the whole thing gets messed up. Even worse, they may even drop the trigger from the rifle to get a better look at it and then insert it again without removing the bolt. When they re-tighten the assembly the pressure from the bolt is put directly on the trigger sear and it cracks/chips. Now the module is not working well any more.

The lesson here is if you buy a used TRG there is always the chance someone messed up the trigger (which is a major selling point of the rifle). If it needs fixing, you have to swap the entire trigger assembly which is $400 or so to replace. So if you buy a TRG used, you need to be sure you can try out the trigger or it is warranted by the seller.

The second lesson is if you buy a new TRG, don't touch the trigger.

Last edited:
That's a very valid point about the trigger, I really don't know why people feel the need to mess with them with how good they are out of the box. With a dab of anti-seize on the sear, mine breaks perfectly clean at 2 lbs 1 oz every time, I really don't know how you could improve it, but I've heard of plenty of guys screwing them up.

-matt

I'm actually trying to figure out whether to sell my TRG-22. I have another rifle which is a custom rifle by Robert Gradous. The threading for the suppressor is SAE, with the trg threading for a suppressor is metric. So I need to at the least have the barrel removed to cut the TRG barrel and have it rethreaded with SAE pitch threads. And if I do that should I just have the TRG rebarreled while it's apart. Round count is 2500 to 2750.

Ronas,

If you want to keep the TRG Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs has some 6.5 Bartlein TRG contour barrels.

How "used" are we talking about??? Generally speaking, rifles like TRG and AIAE or AIAWs holds their value fairly well. Unless it's been abused to Hell which shouldn't even phase a AIAW, I'm sure you won't lose too much on them.

Ronas,

If you want to keep the TRG Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs has some 6.5 Bartlein TRG contour barrels.

I may just rebarrel it. I do like the rifle and the trigger is nice, second to CG xtreme in my opinion. I spoke to Mark a little while ago and they sound experienced with TRG and will have barrel that will work well with the bullet I shot.

I may just rebarrel it. I do like the rifle and the trigger is nice, second to CG xtreme in my opinion. I spoke to Mark a little while ago and they sound experienced with TRG and will have barrel that will work well with the bullet I shot.

Mark has my TRG now. I decided on a 6.5 Creedmoor. I should be getting it back fairly soon. Im excited!

How "used" are we talking about??? Generally speaking, rifles like TRG and AIAE or AIAWs holds their value fairly well. Unless it's been abused to Hell which shouldn't even phase a AIAW, I'm sure you won't lose too much on them.
This is good advice, one of the "tricks" used by some that have really abused a rifle is to have it "coated" prior to the sale, it makes it looks good, maybe even better than new (in some folks eyes), there is no telling how much damage lurks under that coat. Ask yourself, why would someone pay to have a rifle "coated" just prior to selling it? Just saying.....

Call Jason, at Europtic. That's the only place I'd go. Get new, if you can. C'mon. I'f you're going to spend "that much cash", Get new. I did. Then ya "know" what life she's had. I do look at used. A good guy, will have a round count. U can find some deals. I went with the "thought", that IT was going to be my "best" rifle. I "wanted a Virgin". I'm 56, and don't see many virgins, anymore. I have to pay for them. I went New. Just Me., Josh

LOL...It don't get more Honest than this ^^^^^^ LOL

Don't do it man, you'll Regret/Miss it when it's gone. Just get a New Barrel put on. There's many shop out there that can do a Fantastic Job like SAC. The TRG is special in many ways, not just the Barrel or Accuracy. It'll be a fantastic foundation for a to work off of. I Love mine and it will stay with me until my dying days.

P.S. 29 Here and mine wasn't a "Virgin", but she was Good as NEW!

At what distance to you usually shoot and do you shot suppressed or unsupressed. If suppressed what is weight of can?

100 to 300, depending on range i can get to, and unsuppressed (live in Cali, they want us deaf). Hoping to take her to 1000 near Sacramento one of these days.

I bought mine used on the hide. It was one of the Euro Optic digital camo TRG-22s. I paid $2800 for it. I just put a S&B 5-25 PM II on it. Previous owner said he put 200 rounds through it. Shot it for the first time last week. It easily shoots 1/3 MOA. I don't know if the previous owner messed with the trigger, however it breaks clean at 1 1/2 Lbs.

Needless to say I am very happy with my purchase. I think most guys that buy these rifles don't even come close to breaking them in. Even more are reluctant to start messing with them, frankly there just isnt much to do to improve them, thats what makes them such an attractive rifle. I think if you just keep looking one will pop up for sale. once you find one don't waste a lot of time to haggle over price. Used ones don't last long and you may miss the oppurtunity whaile you are trying to save a few dollars. Good luck on you search.

100 to 300, depending on range i can get to, and unsuppressed (live in Cali, they want us deaf). Hoping to take her to 1000 near Sacramento one of these days.

I have two 308 rifles with 26" barrels, the trg-22 and a custom rifle built on aics chassis. Both are shot on our 600 and 800 yard range. I just wondered if I could do that with a 22" barrel with a 9.3", 1.15 lb. can on the end.

I have two 308 rifles with 26" barrels, the trg-22 and a custom rifle built on aics chassis. Both are shot on our 600 and 800 yard range. I just wondered if I could do that with a 22" barrel with a 9.3", 1.15 lb. can on the end.

I'm getting about 2800 with 155 Scenars out of the shorter barrel, that's pretty mild from what I understand others run. According to Patagonia Ballistics, that still keeps me supersonic at 900 yards, though drop is 33MOA. I doubt you'd have any issues at 600 or 800.

I just bought my first trg22 this weekend. It was used owner said it had between 400-500 rounds through it. Gun came in a fitted hard case, factory bipod, factory picatany rail, and factory muzzle brake. I happily paid $2950. I feel I got a great deal considering how much all the accessories cost new.

I just bought my first trg22 this weekend. It was used owner said it had between 400-500 rounds through it. Gun came in a fitted hard case, factory bipod, factory picatany rail, and factory muzzle brake. I happily paid $2950. I feel I got a great deal considering how much all the accessories cost new.

Dam dude, if it came with all that then is a Heck of a Good Deal! Considering the Factory Rail/Bipod/Brake alone is like a Grand New by themselves!

That's the numbers I came up with. So deals are out there just have to keep your eyes open and be ready with cash like said above no time for haggling. I got it because the guy before me wanted to argue over a couple hundred dollars.