• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Primary arms ACSS-RAPTOR-M2-556 reticle

JeremyV

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2019
7D736033-0F5C-4B93-99FB-DD70DF08BCFE.jpeg
This reticle makes me smile ;). Had to get extra extra high mounts so the elevation knob cleared my base but I think this setup is going to work great!!!

Last edited:
Does it say where the country of origin is for this one?
DETAILS
The PLx rifle scopes are our flagship line manufactured and assembled in Japan with superior glass clarity and the best materials available. The advanced yet intuitive scope body features maximize the capability of the latest ACSS reticle found inside. Our PLx line stands toe-to-toe with leading low power variable and precision scopes offered by other brands.

I love my PL-x 1-8x24 ACSS Griffin. It's badass Jap glass. The SL-x may be Chinese I believe and GL-x are Philippines.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Yes Marsh over on ARFCOM has said their SLx is all Chinese, GLx is Phillipino, and PLx is Japanese.

Unfortunately all the SLx series scopes are trash in my opinion compared to other brands Chinese scopes.

Reactions: db2000
5FFE4692-168C-4452-82F2-B282EF90FA54.jpeg
I got the glx 2.5-10x44 with the ACSS-RAPTOR-M2-5.56 for an upcoming 3gun match I’m shooting trooper division so it’s a bit different then normal and we have bonus targets you can shoot that go out to 1000 yards.

This should be a sweet setup with my offset red dot. I had a vortex razor 1-6 on before but I like this setup better. Glass is actually Surprisingly clear for the price. Adjustment knobs feel awesome as well and from what I hear track great. I’ll be testing them out tomorrow.
Field of view is definitely not as awesome as a top tear scope but for the money I’m impressed.

I know my ballistics are not going to match up perfect with the bdc so Normally I actually zero the BDC at 400 yards then check my 100 yard zero and see how close that is and note where I’m hitting at all other ranges. If I’m shooting past 400 I’ll probably be dialing. In less for some freak reason my load happens to match up close enough to use the bdc even farther. The horseshoe on low power is actually really nice.

I have my PA 1-8x24 mounted on my SCAR 17s in a PEPR QD Mount. It’s held zero and I’ve shot 3 bucks using this reticle and if it can take the harsh abuse with recoil harmonics of the 17, it’s a decent optic!

Reactions: JeremyV
PA has some innovative reticles. I have been happy with my PLx 6-30, though I can't say i have abused it.

Has anyone done a turret tracking test with the GLX series? The 4-16 seems real nice if it tracks.

Yes Marsh over on ARFCOM has said their SLx is all Chinese, GLx is Phillipino, and PLx is Japanese.

Unfortunately all the SLx series scopes are trash in my opinion compared to other brands Chinese scopes.

What other brands are better? I have an SLX 1-6x FFP Raptor on order but if there's a better option, I'm all ears, especially if it's actually in stock. It seems to be that everything FFP is either in the sub-$400 range or $1K and up. I'm used to looking through ultra-high quality glass, just not the scope variety, rather cameras, so I definitely get it. Some of my camera optics cost over $12K. This will be my first scope so I'd like to get it right without spending $1000 or more. The range in between $1200/$1000 and $400 is practically non-existent for FFP scopes in the 1-6x range that I can find.

I'll be honest, I really like the reticle on the PA which is the draw, as is the price, FFP and the particular magnification range I'm looking for. I mean for $900, the Viper PST G2 is second focal plane.

I just ordered the Bushnell 1-4X FFP for my AR15 which should be more than enough for it intended purpose (not hunting) which was around $270 shipped.

Reactions: st748
Wasn't meaning you'd made a mistake - was just wanting to confirm if your PA 1-8 x 24 was the PLx or the SLx.
That SLx 1-8x24 has been backordered a good part of this year. That’s initially what I ordered then they kept changing the date due to China virus and I came to my senses and paid more for a better scope and the ACSS Griffin reticle which is better for my purpose. The ACSS Raptor is a great reticle though, which was my initial draw to this scope.

What is it about the SLx that isn't up to snuff? And are we talking similar priced scopes that you are comparing them against? I have contemplated a 1-X type scope for my AR and have considered PA. What do you prefer?

That SLx 1-8x24 has been backordered a good part of this year. That’s initially what I ordered then they kept changing the date due to China virus and I came to my senses and paid more for a better scope and the ACSS Griffin reticle which is better for my purpose. The ACSS Raptor is a great reticle though, which was my initial draw to this scope.

I don't mean any disrespect to PA, but when I was waiting for my PLx the availability date moved from month to month to month. And this was without Covid. As you probably know, they are contracting scope manufacturers to build for them and I guess they are low on the priority ladder. Not a big deal if you want the scope so bad you are willing to wait for it. Not so fun if you were expecting it by a certain date.

If there were a scope in the $600 range which offered the same as the PA with better glass and not made in China, I'd be all over it. But at 3X the price, I'll wait unless the PA due dates keep rolling further into the future.

I just hope the ACOG 4x32 ACSS Aurora I just ordered actually ships in June. Pretty excited about it.

@marsh1

Last edited:
I wonder.. with Tariff in effect, how scope and other firearms stuff made in China will be affected. Literally anything made of metal got hit with 25% or higher Tariff anything inbound from China. I am in a manufacturing business (non-firearm related) and we had some stuff made in China. Not only for the cost but, really, we had no other countries come close to skills to properly produce. If you paid top dollars to somewhere like Korea or Japan, we can get quality products but the price will be much higher. No offense but somewhere like India, the Philippines, Indonesia..etc do not have the right tooling and technological skill sets yet. Sigh.. However we are moving our production out of China finally.

I, personally, hate visiting China. The attached picture is taken by me Jan or Feb of 2019. Look at those surveillance cameras. Every corner and road is like that. You are watched no matter where you go. The camera in red box is based on Intel Movidius and made by Gov't owned company called Hikvision. It is DLVA (Deep Learning Video Analytic) camera with facial recognition capabilities. This is the same camera and company used in China to monitor Uyghurs. Your every movement will be recorded and analyzed eventually.

I agree with what we are doing with China.

PS) Intel stopped selling to the Chinese company mentioned above since NDAA 2019 (National Defense Authorization Act)

20190116_203010.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone done a turret tracking test with the GLX series? The 4-16 seems real nice if it tracks.

These have our patent pending steel on steel turrets. Lots of testing during the development of these scopes

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC
Contact me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: st748 and JeremyV

All the GLx 30mm tune scopes are currently made in the Philippines but GLx the tier of features and quality not the COO. Other GLX products can have different COO

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but over the last 11 years that is just not what the overwhelming evidence of independent reviews, NTOA testing, low defect rate and market share indicate.

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC

If there were a scope in the $600 range which offered the same as the PA with better glass and not made in China, I'd be all over it. But at 3X the price, I'll wait unless the PA due dates keep rolling further into the future.

Unless there is more COVID delays things are back on track for delivery. The SLx 1-6 and 1-8X factory is in Wuhan so they were shut down the longest

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC

I wonder.. with Tariff in effect, how scope and other firearms stuff made in China will be affected. Literally anything made of metal got hit with 25% or higher Tariff anything inbound from China. I am in a manufacturing business (non-firearm related) and we had some stuff made in China. Not only for the cost but, really, we had no other countries come close to skills to properly produce. If you paid top dollars to somewhere like Korea or Japan, we can get quality products but the price will be much higher. No offense but somewhere like India, the Philippines, Indonesia..etc do not have the right tooling and technological skill sets yet. Sigh.. However we are moving our production out of China finally.

I, personally, hate visiting China. The attached picture is taken by me Jan or Feb of 2019. Look at those surveillance cameras. Every corner and road is like that. You are watched no matter where you go. The camera in red box is based on Intel Movidius and made by Gov't owned company called Hikvision. It is DLVA (Deep Learning Video Analytic) camera with facial recognition capabilities. This is the same camera and company used in China to monitor Uyghurs. Your every movement will be recorded and analyzed eventually.

I agree with what we are doing with China.

PS) Intel stopped selling to the Chinese company mentioned above since NDAA 2019 (National Defense Authorization Act)

View attachment 7340751
The US is not that far behind with the spying/surveillance. But China is not our friend.

Reactions: st748 and plong
Unless there is more COVID delays things are back on track for delivery. The SLx 1-6 and 1-8X factory is in Wuhan so they were shut down the longest

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC

Guess maybe you need to find a better place to manufacture?

Guess maybe you need to find a better place to manufacture?

We already source from Japan, Philippines and have GLx and PLx mounts made in US coming out very soon. Also bringing on a second factory in the Philippines with three new projects for 2021. That said currently that factory is one of the best in this price tier of product and currently the only one that could make our LPVO in FFP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shawn1492
If we go to war with China, who wins?

Good discussion for the Bear Pit. What the long term impact of recent events and increased duty will have for a shift of lower cost manufacturing (not just in our industry) will play out over the next few years.

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info marsh1. I know my experience with Yancy via email was top notch. I was assisted with a couple obstacles that were certainly a consequence of the pandemic. He helped with a several technical questions too. All in a professional and timely manner.

The US is not that far behind with the spying/surveillance. But China is not our friend.
Precisely. We are NOT behind, for what it's worth, any nation with 4th Technological Revolution and 5G, is like that. We cover up and just call it a 'Smart City'.

But China is not our friend but they do it @ a much higher level. when it comes to AI, China is #1 due to no privacy law. AI is trained. Not programmed. I know the industry.

Last edited:
If we go to war with China, who wins?
Russia most likely.

The difference between surveillance in the west and in China is, that the chinese people are very aware that they are not free.

Russia most likely.

The difference between surveillance in the west and in China is, that the chinese people are very aware that they are not free.
Quite possible but not for long. They do not have $$ to sustain.

So last season I shot for vortex this season I’m a free agent and not sponsored by any optics companies so take that for what it’s worth.. currently on my long range comp gun I’m running a vortex razor gen2 4.5-27 and on my lighter bolt gun I’m running a LEUPOLD mark5HD 3.6-18-44.

I have been testing the PA GLX 2.5-10x44 out a bunch and want to give some input on quality and design.

First even though I was joking by posting the reticle upside down in the start of this thread I love the reticle. It didn’t line up perfectly with my load but it’s pretty dang close I got it set so it’s zeroed at 100 when I’m dialed under the zero stop. When I dial up to zero it’s a bit high at 100 but my drop lines at 300 400 500 and 600 line up just about perfect. This is at my average altitude and temperature.

It’s definitely workable and extremely fast. Yesterday I was shooting steel and got first round hits 3”steel at 300 6”steel at 410 6” steel at 500 and 8” steel at 600.

Glass is clear enough to spot 223 splash on targets out to 900 yards.. is it as clear as my razor no.. is it workable yes definitely.

It’s much easer for me to hit 6inch target at 600 with this 2.5-10 then it is with my vortex razor gen2. 1-6 So glass quality is definitely pretty dang good for the price.

The adjustment knobs are awesome love the zero stop and the clicks feel great. Again not quite as solid as my LEUPOLD mark5HD or my vortex razor gen2 but really good and more importantly very very accurate!

Field of view and eye box is the downside to this optic. Comparing it to my LEUPOLD mark5HD 3.6-18x44 it has a smaller field of view by a long ways... the eye box isn’t bad that’s for sure but it’s not as good either..

In closing I would say this optic is an amazing value and nothing I’ve seen comes even close for this price. Seems super reliable and from talking to other owners it seems to hold up well.

I’m shooting a big 3 gun Match this month and am going to run this with offset red dot over running the vortex razor and know for sure it will be an advantage cause of the long range and bonus targets.

Hope this helps any of you guys thinking about trying their optics out!

@JeremyV

I’d be interested to hear how it performed with the offset MRDS and if it affected the balance or flow of the rifle.

@JeremyV

I’d be interested to hear how it performed with the offset MRDS and if it affected the balance or flow of the rifle.
As long as you get the correct mount for the offsite RDS it works awesome JP makes the best one in my opinion most of them don’t actually center the rds over the bore and that’s a no go in my book.. balance of the rifle is about the same as with the razor. Those are heavy optics ;)

Reactions: PBWalsh
For similar priced LVPOs I own or have owned a: PA SLx 1-6FFP, Vortex SE 1-8, Burris RT-6, 3 of the Burris RT-8s (FFP and each of the SFP reticles), Swampfox 1-10, and a Riton 1-5.

In that general price range I would put either Burris or the Swampfox well ahead of the SLx. Unfortunately there RT-8s are all sold out (they were only $260 or $330 with military discount) so that leaves pretty much the Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 (around $340ish with military discount). I would say the SLx is about the same as the SE, not terrible, but definitely better options for your money. I would say the only reason to buy the SLx over a RT-6 or Arrowhead is the reticle.

If you're wanting to step up in price the PSTII 1-6 for $500ish or the blowout Bushnell Elite Tac 1-8.5 for $670 are absolutely no brainers.

Reactions: munsonbw
For similar priced LVPOs I own or have owned a: PA SLx 1-6FFP, Vortex SE 1-8, Burris RT-6, 3 of the Burris RT-8s (FFP and each of the SFP reticles), Swampfox 1-10, and a Riton 1-5.

In that general price range I would put either Burris or the Swampfox well ahead of the SLx. Unfortunately there RT-8s are all sold out (they were only $260 or $330 with military discount) so that leaves pretty much the Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 (around $340ish with military discount). I would say the SLx is about the same as the SE, not terrible, but definitely better options for your money. I would say the only reason to buy the SLx over a RT-6 or Arrowhead is the reticle.

If you're wanting to step up in price the PSTII 1-6 for $500ish or the blowout Bushnell Elite Tac 1-8.5 for $670 are absolutely no brainers.
The Slx is the cheaper line then the one I have so can’t compare cause I’ve never looked through one. I can say one thing for sure the glass in my scope is much better then the low power strike eagles seems about on par with the new strike Eagle long range scope however that one has a much better field of view then the pa

The Slx is the cheaper line then the one I have so can’t compare cause I’ve never looked through one. I can say one thing for sure the glass in my scope is much better then the low power strike eagles seems about on par with the new strike Eagle long range scope however that one has a much better field of view then the pa
Oh for sure, I haven't looked through the PLx but I have no doubt it's a great scope. Just saying the cheaper SLx series aren't really worth it compared to their competitors.

Reactions: Shawn1492
Seems very odd that in a thread about our new GLx scope that really stands out in the space that it is in. (Features, design, quality COO, price ect) someone keep going back to bash our made in China SLx lineup?? Compare and made a decision that fits your needs and budget. Our SLx lineup has some of the most proven and best selling optics in that price tier.

If you go back a few years everything we made was in what now would be called our SLX lineup. Then we added our PLx (formerly Platinum) made in Japan options. GLx is new and is mid-tier with premium features. SLx includes our red dots. When we started there were no bargain AR red dots except the counterfeits you could buy off eBay. Today there are many great options and we are still a major player in that space and have just introduced a new mid-sized SLx-25 to rave reviews from real customers. I am sure youtube torture tests will follow. SLx also includes most of our fixed power Prism scopes. A prism scope was the first project that Dimitri and I partnered on and put his patented ACSS reticle in. That was probably 7 years ago and now by more than one account we have the most popular AR & AK prisms in the industry, I did a deal with Dimitri to make ACSS a PA exclusive and the rest is history. I think the reference here is mostly aimed at LPVO. We have had a big target on our back in this space. We introduced the first “entry level” SFP 1-6X many years ago and our current models are the third generation. As noted we have one of the few FFP versions in this price tier. It has one of our most popular patented ACSS retices. Production at this high quality factory has never kept up with demand even before the COVID mess. I have also said on more than one occasion that new innovative competitors drive innovation in the marketplace. Yes there are some great new options in the SFP LPVO world and yes if you are in this price tier looking for one do your homework. Our current SLx 1-6 and 1-8 stack up well against everything when you look at price, proven reliability, an as noted the ACSS reticles. There was a reference to LE/Mil price. We have that program as well if you fall into that group and are comparing.

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC

Last edited:
Seems odd that in a thread about our new GLx scope that really stands out in the space that it is in. (Features, design, quality COO, price ect) we keep going back to our SLx lineup, All I want to do is explain SLx for people reading this thread then do what I have always done which is say there is no one perfect option for everyone. Compare and made a decision that fits your meeds and budget.

If you go back a few years everything we made was in what now would be called our SLX lineup. Then we added our PLx (formerly Platinum) made in Japan options. GLx is new and is mid-tier with premium features. SLx includes our red dots. When we started there were no bargain AR red dots except the counterfeits you could buy off eBay. Today there are many great options and we are still a major player in that space and have just introduced a new mid-sized SLx-25 to rave reviews from real customers. I am sure youtube torture tests will follow. SLx also includes most of our fixed power Prism scopes. A prism scope was the first project that Dimitri and I partnered on and put his patented ACSS reticle in. That was probably 7 years ago and now by more than one account we have the most popular AR & AK prisms in the industry, I did a deal with Dimitri to make ACSS a PA exclusive and the rest is history. I think the reference here is mostly aimed at LPVO. We have had a big target on our back in this space. We introduced the first “entry level” SFP 1-6X many years ago and our current models are the third generation. As noted we have one of the few FFP versions in this price tier. It has one of our most popular patented ACSS retices. Production at this high quality factory has never kept up with demand even before the COVID mess. I have also said on more than one occasion that new innovative competitors drive innovation in the marketplace. Yes there are some great new options in the SFP LPVO world and yes if you are in this price tier looking for one do your homework. Our current SLx 1-6 and 1-8 still stack up well when you look at price, proven reliability, an as noted the ACSS reticles. There was a reference to LE/Mil price. We have that program as well if you fall into that group and are comparing.

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC

I agree with you 100%

Just curios our reticles for glx line will right now all you can buy in the 4-16x50 is a mil dot.
Are you bringing back the r-grid? Or Athena for the 6-24x50? Any thoughts on doing a Apollo reticle in this line? Or doing a 1-8 or 1-10 ?

Just curios our reticles for glx line will right now all you can buy in the 4-16x50 is a mil dot.
Are you bringing back the r-grid? Or Athena for the 6-24x50? Any thoughts on doing a Apollo reticle in this line? Or doing a 1-8 or 1-10 ?

Next to arrive will be 4-16X .308 HUD Reticle and 6-24 Athena in late July for early August shipping. I will ask for an update on the other reticles in the current GLx scopes.

Many more projects in the works. With recent events I doubt the current 22% import duty on China will be going down. That will push more production to Japan and the Philippines. Won't be able to talk specifics until late in the year. Most will be for SHOT 20201 intro.

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Hamilton
So last season I shot for vortex this season I’m a free agent and not sponsored by any optics companies so take that for what it’s worth.. currently on my long range comp gun I’m running a vortex razor gen2 4.5-27 and on my lighter bolt gun I’m running a LEUPOLD mark5HD 3.6-18-44.

I have been testing the PA GLX 2.5-10x44 out a bunch and want to give some input on quality and design.

First even though I was joking by posting the reticle upside down in the start of this thread I love the reticle. It didn’t line up perfectly with my load but it’s pretty dang close I got it set so it’s zeroed at 100 when I’m dialed under the zero stop. When I dial up to zero it’s a bit high at 100 but my drop lines at 300 400 500 and 600 line up just about perfect. This is at my average altitude and temperature.

It’s definitely workable and extremely fast. Yesterday I was shooting steel and got first round hits 3”steel at 300 6”steel at 410 6” steel at 500 and 8” steel at 600.

Glass is clear enough to spot 223 splash on targets out to 900 yards.. is it as clear as my razor no.. is it workable yes definitely.

It’s much easer for me to hit 6inch target at 600 with this 2.5-10 then it is with my vortex razor gen2. 1-6 So glass quality is definitely pretty dang good for the price.

The adjustment knobs are awesome love the zero stop and the clicks feel great. Again not quite as solid as my LEUPOLD mark5HD or my vortex razor gen2 but really good and more importantly very very accurate!

Field of view and eye box is the downside to this optic. Comparing it to my LEUPOLD mark5HD 3.6-18x44 it has a smaller field of view by a long ways... the eye box isn’t bad that’s for sure but it’s not as good either..

In closing I would say this optic is an amazing value and nothing I’ve seen comes even close for this price. Seems super reliable and from talking to other owners it seems to hold up well.

I’m shooting a big 3 gun Match this month and am going to run this with offset red dot over running the vortex razor and know for sure it will be an advantage cause of the long range and bonus targets.

Hope this helps any of you guys thinking about trying their optics out!

You have a nice looking rifle. I'm glad I found this post. I just ordered the GLx 2.5-10x44 ACSS scope today along with the Aero Precision mount to put on my 18" .223 Wylde build. I debated between that and their 3-18, but ultimately went GLx. Can't wait to try it out.

You have a nice looking rifle. I'm glad I found this post. I just ordered the GLx 2.5-10x44 ACSS scope today along with the Aero Precision mount to put on my 18" .223 Wylde build. I debated between that and their 3-18, but ultimately went GLx. Can't wait to try it out.
Thanks I love this setup.

I think your really going to love this scope! I looked at the 3-18 but with all the dialing I do for long range stuff I find it hard to go with an optic that doesn’t have a zero stop.. Just makes me sleep better at night.

This reticle is the only FFP I’ve found that Works well on low power and on high power besides the Burris XTRii dual focal plane.. and they reticle was pretty good only problem was the drop lines got thicker the farther down you went so as the target got smaller the reticle covered more of the target so that wasn’t an ideal design....

Reactions: Chetly78
Thanks I love this setup.

I think your really going to love this scope! I looked at the 3-18 but with all the dialing I do for long range stuff I find it hard to go with an optic that doesn’t have a zero stop.. Just makes me sleep better at night.

This reticle is the only FFP I’ve found that Works well on low power and on high power besides the Burris XTRii dual focal plane.. and they reticle was pretty good only problem was the drop lines got thicker the farther down you went so as the target got smaller the reticle covered more of the target so that wasn’t an ideal design....

Thats good to hear. Hoping I like this scope. Then ill pull the trigger on their 4-16 for my 6.5 grendel upper.

Any idea on when the PLx 1-8x24mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS Raptor M2 5.56 / .308 will be back in stock?
Also do you have any special forum discounts available?

Thanks.