• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primary Arms GLx 1-10x24 FFP just dropped

There are no absolutely issues with this optic.. This was long delayed because of COVID supply chains issues. The Gen 2 version is already in the works but the factory had parts so we had them make this run The scope was slated to be at $1,000 -1,100 so we priced much less. It is a great value at $799. If you want to evaluate one buy from our .com you have 90 days to try it out with a no questions pre paid return policy

There are no absolutely issues with this optic.. This was long delayed because of COVID supply chains issues. The Gen 2 version is already in the works but the factory had parts so we had them make this run The scope was slated to be at $1,000 -1,100 so we priced much less. It is a great value at $799. If you want to evaluate one buy from our .com you have 90 days to try it out with a no questions pre paid return policy
Thanks for the information provided in this thread. How would you compare the optical quality of the GLX 1-10 vs. the GLX 1-6?

The 1-10 is a more advanced optical system. It is a 1-10 so eyebox is going to be a little less forgiving but better clarity
Less forgiving at 10x compared to the 8x or tighter eyebox all around?

Reactions: JDB55
I just ordered/ received the glx 1-10 ffp with the Griffin Mil reticle for a 14.5 AR build I’m working on. Haven’t mounted it yet but the scope is built like a tank. Glass is amazing and it’s definitely daylight bright illumination. I own the Vortex razor 1-10 and have to say other than the ~6oz weight difference, the Glx stacks up very well against the razor. The illumination is bright af (that’s an industry term lol). Joking aside there’s no noticeable difference in brightness btw my razor and the new glx if you apples to apples compare both on max setting. Also I love the auto-off/ shake-awake. The razor doesn’t have that feature which is super convienient for a home D setup imo.
Have you taken it out for a trip yet? Wondering if you could post some pictures through the glass

Reactions: JDB55
Less forgiving at 10x compared to the 8x or tighter eyebox all around?
Looks like its exit pupil at 1x is even smaller than the NX8’s on 1x. So my guess is all around tighter.

Your comments in this thread talked me into it. I needed something for my new Steyr Scout and was caught between this and the PLX-C (mostly for the weight savings). I had a spare vortex pst2 3-15 that has been on it the last couple weeks to see if the gun can shoot but that is larger and heavier than I want for this gun. The gun shoots amazing for how light it is. Thanks again for your replies, there is almost no info on these out there.

Have you taken it out for a trip yet? Wondering if you could post some pictures through the glass
Ok here’s my update.. finally finished my rifle build and got this band boy to the range (Geissele Super Duty w the GLX 1-10). First my statement above about the weight difference btw the Vortex Razor gen 3 and the GLx 1-10 was incorrect, the difference is only about ~2oz, not 6oz.

Anyway the illumination is very good, daylight bright for sure (took it out on a nice fall day in NJ, there was plenty of Sun today) but once I was on the range I noticed it’s definitely not as bright as my razor. Plenty ‘visible’ on brightness settings 5-7 on a sunny fall day in NJ. What I really like about the illumination is on the 1x magnification, you get illumination on the center dot AND the ring surrounding the center dot (I think the ring is like 32 moa or something like that). This feature really helps with rapid target acquisition when shooting for speed at shorter distances.

Eyebox: Eyebox is generous at lower magnifications. (at 50 yards I tested it btw 1-4x) I did some standing speed drills and had no issues finding the reticle quickly from low ready. Imo no decernable difference in eyebox or scope shadow vs the razor at low magnification settings.

The middle magnifcstion range the eyebox gets tighter like every other lpvo but still very usable. I tested/ stayed btw 6-8x most of the day at 100 yards (didn’t shoot the 300y today bc was just there to 100y zero my new rifle). Imo no issues btw 6-8x w scope shadow or eyebox as long as you understand the concept/ importance of check weld consistency.

9-10x eyebox and scope shadow leave you almost no room for error so you really have to practice your cheek placement. After a few minutes of training placing my cheek on and off the stock to find the ‘sweet spot’ I was fine. Have to remember the 10x on an LPVO is for long distance shots where you should be taking your time anyway. If it takes an extra second to get your sight picture on a long distance shot, that’s pretty reasonable in my book. 10x is definitely not a ‘run and gun’ setting.

Overall I would say the 10x eyebox/ shadow is about the same or maybe slightly tighter than the razor 10x but again nothing you can’t overcome with a little practice. For the record, when I first bought the razor, I thought the razors 10x was terrible until I trained around it by practicing my cheek weld placement. It’s really not an issue now.

Glass quality: I love the glass quality, I think that’s probably the most impressive attribute of the scope at this price point. I will say, it was a sunny clear day today and I only shot to 100 yards so yes it looked amazing but imo really needs more testing on an overcast day/ lower light at further distances. I’ll post another update once I shoot it at 300y (unfortunately 300y is the longest distance at my range).

The reticle: I think the reticle absolutely kicks a$$. The center chevron is freakin amazing for precision shots. I was seriously grouping sub moa at 100yards when I had the rifle in my Caldwell tripod. I always use the tripod to zero to reduce any errors ‘the indian’ can make. Also as I stated above, the 1x is freakin awesome for cqb distances. Will report back after shooting longer distance on the reticle as well.

In summary, I’m very happy with my purchase. I think the scope is amazing esp at it’s price point. If anyone else has had the chance to use one, please reply back and let me know what you think.

Ok here’s my update.. finally finished my rifle build and got this band boy to the range (Geissele Super Duty w the GLX 1-10). First my statement above about the weight difference btw the Vortex Razor gen 3 and the GLx 1-10 was incorrect, the difference is only about ~2oz, not 6oz.

Anyway the illumination is very good, daylight bright for sure (took it out on a nice fall day in NJ, there was plenty of Sun today) but once I was on the range I noticed it’s definitely not as bright as my razor. Plenty ‘visible’ on brightness settings 5-7 on a sunny fall day in NJ. What I really like about the illumination is on the 1x magnification, you get illumination on the center dot AND the ring surrounding the center dot (I think the ring is like 32 moa or something like that). This feature really helps with rapid target acquisition when shooting for speed at shorter distances.

Eyebox: Eyebox is generous at lower magnifications. (at 50 yards I tested it btw 1-4x) I did some standing speed drills and had no issues finding the reticle quickly from low ready. Imo no decernable difference in eyebox or scope shadow vs the razor at low magnification settings.

The middle magnifcstion range the eyebox gets tighter like every other lpvo but still very usable. I tested/ stayed btw 6-8x most of the day at 100 yards (didn’t shoot the 300y today bc was just there to 100y zero my new rifle). Imo no issues btw 6-8x w scope shadow or eyebox as long as you understand the concept/ importance of check weld consistency.

9-10x eyebox and scope shadow leave you almost no room for error so you really have to practice your cheek placement. After a few minutes of training placing my cheek on and off the stock to find the ‘sweet spot’ I was fine. Have to remember the 10x on an LPVO is for long distance shots where you should be taking your time anyway. If it takes an extra second to get your sight picture on a long distance shot, that’s pretty reasonable in my book. 10x is definitely not a ‘run and gun’ setting.

Overall I would say the 10x eyebox/ shadow is about the same or maybe slightly tighter than the razor 10x but again nothing you can’t overcome with a little practice. For the record, when I first bought the razor, I thought the razors 10x was terrible until I trained around it by practicing my cheek weld placement. It’s really not an issue now.

Glass quality: I love the glass quality, I think that’s probably the most impressive attribute of the scope at this price point. I will say, it was a sunny clear day today and I only shot to 100 yards so yes it looked amazing but imo really needs more testing on an overcast day/ lower light at further distances. I’ll post another update once I shoot it at 300y (unfortunately 300y is the longest distance at my range).

The reticle: I think the reticle absolutely kicks a$$. The center chevron is freakin amazing for precision shots. I was seriously grouping sub moa at 100yards when I had the rifle in my Caldwell tripod. I always use the tripod to zero to reduce any errors ‘the indian’ can make. Also as I stated above, the 1x is freakin awesome for cqb distances. Will report back after shooting longer distance on the reticle as well.

In summary, I’m very happy with my purchase. I think the scope is amazing esp at it’s price point. If anyone else has had the chance to use one, please reply back and let me know what you think.
Thank you for the update. Mine should be in my hands right now but I missed FedEx this morning (my fault, not theirs). I will add my thoughts, good, bad, or ugly, about the optic to this thread as I get to use it.

The FedEx guy connected with us today so I got to try it out tonight. I've had hands on for around two hours so please take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Initial impressions are very good. It exudes "high build quality," if that makes sense.

The glass quality is better than I was expecting, especially at magnifications of 6x and above. The turrets are spectacular, truly excellent. No mush, no play, just sex. I like that it comes with an exposed turret as an option, but I don't think I will be utilizing it. The illumination is crisp and clean. At 1x image scope looks great and appears to be very close to true 1x. I love the reticle, it seems extremely well executed for a FFP LPVO.

The eyebox is definitely not very forgiving, but that is to be expected on this sort of a scope, IMHO. Not a deal breaker so far for my intended use. The Auto Live feature works but there is a substantial delay on mine for turning illumination back on after it has been asleep. If it has only been asleep for a short time, it snaps back on within a second or two. If it has been sitting for 5 minutes, it takes about 5 seconds. I just did 10 minutes and... you guessed it, 10ish seconds. I'm going to let it sit for a couple hours and see what happens. I have no idea if that is normal or not but I did not expect it. Once again, not a deal breaker for the gun it is going on. It is longer and heavier than some other LPVOs I have used, but it also does a lot better in low light than those do.

I will do a tracking test soon and also see how it does with thermal and I^2 clip-ons (Steiner C35, PVS-27, and KN203FAB). I have a feeling it will do well with the clip-ons since their lower end SLX line seems to do just fine. I must say, I mostly really like it so far.

Reactions: Eric_F and JDB55
Hi everyone! I'm a longtime reader/lurker of these forums but finally decided to register just so I could thank all of you for the information about this optic. It ultimately convinced me to purchase one for myself and after receiving it yesterday, I put together a video of its unboxing and my initial observations/impressions. I also have a GLx 1–6×24 FFP so I referenced it throughout the video as a basis of comparison.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no professional GunTuber, influencer-reviewer, or anything like that, so please forgive any inconsistencies or oversights during this quick look... but hopefully it sheds some light on this somewhat-mysterious LPVO to help others decide whether they might want to grab one while they are still available!

Hi everyone! I'm a longtime reader/lurker of these forums but finally decided to register just so I could thank all of you for the information about this optic. It ultimately convinced me to purchase one for myself and after receiving it yesterday, I put together a video of its unboxing and my initial observations/impressions. I also have a GLx 1–6×24 FFP so I referenced it throughout the video as a basis of comparison.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no professional GunTuber, influencer-reviewer, or anything like that, so please forgive any inconsistencies or oversights during this quick look... but hopefully it sheds some light on this somewhat-mysterious LPVO to help others decide whether they might want to grab one while they are still available!

Well done and thanks

Good video, thanks for making and posting that. I'm a little bit confused by how absolutely incredible mine is for the $$. It's almost like I'm somehow missing something obvious on these that is going to be a real turnoff. At any rate, FedEx will have a couple more of them for me next week :cool:

Good video, thanks for making and posting that. I'm a little bit confused by how absolutely incredible mine is for the $$. It's almost like I'm somehow missing something obvious on these that is going to be a real turnoff. At any rate, FedEx will have a couple more of them for me next week :cool:
Update on the PA GLX 1-10 griffin mil scopes I bought recently:
I still haven't found what I'm missing on these scopes as they are performing really well. I have two of them mounted to rifles; one to a Steyr Scout in 6.5 Creedmoor and one to a 10.5" 300 Blk SBR AR. The scope isn't particularly lightweight or short, but so far it has been a great match for each gun. On the Scout I have it set up with the capped turrets since it will be slung and taken deer hunting. This gun/optic combination shoots sub MOA three shot groups without fail. Since it is a hunting gun, I won't bother shooting more than three round groups and was happy to note that there is no cold bore adjustment necessary. I had to pull the magnification lever off since it interfered w/ cycling the bolt action at higher magnification. For the SBR, the 15 mil tree is spectacular since I like to poke out to 400ish yd w/ the subs for fun. I have the SBR set up with the external turret so I can easily dial down the 2.5 mil difference between subs and 110 gr VMAX supers. I'm more than happy with the glass. They also work great with my I^2 and thermal clip-ons. I had to remove 0.03" from the rear of the recoil lug on on my C35 thermal clip-on in order for it to grab onto the Scout's Weaver rail.

TL/DR:
Pros: well-built, good glass, configurable turrets, inexpensive
Cons: longish and heavyish for an LPVO, tight eye box (nature of the beast, IMHO), stiff magnificaiton ring

I love these scopes so far, YMMV.

Reactions: jcoolhand5
Update on the PA GLX 1-10 griffin mil scopes I bought recently:
I still haven't found what I'm missing on these scopes as they are performing really well. I have two of them mounted to rifles; one to a Steyr Scout in 6.5 Creedmoor and one to a 10.5" 300 Blk SBR AR. The scope isn't particularly lightweight or short, but so far it has been a great match for each gun. On the Scout I have it set up with the capped turrets since it will be slung and taken deer hunting. This gun/optic combination shoots sub MOA three shot groups without fail. Since it is a hunting gun, I won't bother shooting more than three round groups and was happy to note that there is no cold bore adjustment necessary. I had to pull the magnification lever off since it interfered w/ cycling the bolt action at higher magnification. For the SBR, the 15 mil tree is spectacular since I like to poke out to 400ish yd w/ the subs for fun. I have the SBR set up with the external turret so I can easily dial down the 2.5 mil difference between subs and 110 gr VMAX supers. I'm more than happy with the glass. They also work great with my I^2 and thermal clip-ons. I had to remove 0.03" from the rear of the recoil lug on on my C35 thermal clip-on in order for it to grab onto the Scout's Weaver rail.

TL/DR:
Pros: well-built, good glass, configurable turrets, inexpensive
Cons: longish and heavyish for an LPVO, tight eye box (nature of the beast, IMHO), stiff magnificaiton ring

I love these scopes so far, YMMV.
Thanks for the hands on review. Looks like weight might be the biggest downside for me.