• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Primary Arms scopes ?

acts238

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2011
N W Montana
No experience but says three year warranty. Thats not very good considering many others others offer a lifetime warranty.

Many positive reports here about our 4-14X FFP. We chose to keep the price low and go with a 3 year warranty. We sell plenty of the other brands as well if I can be of help .

Last edited:
I just received their 1-6 X 24 ACSS scope. The workmanship seems great. The reticle is very easy to use, must like the ACOG TR31. It is a BDC reticle, but you can tailor your ammo by figuring your own range card or use a ballistic program. It is definatly a combat sight. The Ill. Ret is excellent for the price of the scope. There is no issue with clarity. And PA stands behind everything they sell. I have not been to the range yet to zero it to my DMR, but I am sure this will work out.

Ive used their micro red dot for a few years with no problems! Clear glass, holds zero and its contructed well. For the price of an optic from them, if it goes bad after three years buying a new one isnt that difficult camparing to my night force scopes!!

Many positive reports here about our 4-14X FFP. We chose to keep the price low and go with a 3 year warranty. We sell plenty of the other brands as well if I can be of help .

Are you guys getting your stuff made by the same company Barska is using?

I bought a 1-6x years ago. I think it's China crap, just a step up from the likes of Barska. But this is the only scope I tried, so maybe I got a lemon. Ymmv.

BS. our 1-6X was only introduced a few moths ago. Quality is far from Barska. We have had the same 1-4X in the lineup for several years. It is simple bullet proof design

Last edited:
Hi, Marshall
One of my friends got your 1-6x scope, and we went to shooting last weekend. I think the glass is GREAT for how much you sell it for.

However, if you can get a better chinese made scope mount, it will be a much better deal. those low quality screws on the scope mount were killing us... drove us nuts.

Also, why you say there is only one scope factory in China?i visited one many years ago, I think they belong to Norico factory #298 in Yunnan Kunming?

Hi, Marshall
One of my friends got your 1-6x scope, and we went to shooting last weekend. I think the glass is GREAT for how much you sell it for.

However, if you can get a better chinese made scope mount, it will be a much better deal. those low quality screws on the scope mount were killing us... drove us nuts.

Also, why you say there is only one scope factory in China?i visited one many years ago, I think they belong to Norico factory #298 in Yunnan Kunming?

There are many factories. The question was a jab not a serious question so I did not give a seriuos answer. We currently source from 4 different factories. We recently switched mount suppliers. I will be glad to exchange you mount, Shoot me a email

Your 1-6 wen't out of stock as well as the extended mount. Any idea when you'll have more?

I'm a huge PA fan. I have so far purchased 2 of the FFP's, seven of the SFP's, one of the old 6x ACSS and one of the new 1x6 ACSS optics. I also own several Bushnell Elites and Viper PST's. I build and sell a bunch of rifles as a hobby. Most guys who buy a rifle want to put their own optics on it but many are looking for a good package deal. Marshall's scopes have tons of features most of what the big name scopes give you but for a fraction of the cost. The glass is clear, the tracking great and the illuminated reticles very good. I think they are better than any other budget optics including Meuller, Millett, Barska and even Vortex's and Bushnells lower line models. The PA 4-16x44 has every feature you would need and it's built like a tank. For $160? Are you kidding me? I bought my first three years ago. Still have that one. Still works great. Never had to send one back.

So the scopes are a good bang for the buck. But the best part about PA is the service. Not many firearms companies ship the same day. If you buy something from Marshall and gang you will get it within 3 days, usually 2. They will call you if they have a question so you get the right part. If you do have a problem they take care of it, immediately. I buy a shit ton of stuff every year and Primary Arms is the first site I check to see if they have what I need.

And that's all I have to say about that. :D

Hey Chris are you considering putting target/tactical style turrets on the 1-6? I really want one but I absolutely hate capped turrets : ) I have one of you 4-14x44 FFP its really nice I replaced a millet 4-16 with it and I'm glad I did.

Sorry I meant Marshall I don't know where the hell I got Chris from.

+1 for PA. Great company and their line of product is a great bang for the buck.

They also we'll most every other name brand for good prices.

I don't have any complaints, I'm a big fan of PA. I've bought a blem AA red dot, the 3-9x40 & 4-16x44 scope and loved all of them for the price point. The customer service from Marshall is also fantastic, if you did have any problems he'd definitely fix it.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not the same scope. Not assembled in the same factory and glass from a different source. I looked at it and the Falcon when we came up with the 4-14X. Goal was better turrets feel than the BSA and glass almost as good as the Falcon. I think we accomplished both.

Any chance a 4-14 FFP is in the works with some different reticles, maybe the EMD?

marshall,

when will the optisan 1-6x with the acss be out? From what I have read, glass is better along with overall quality. Pics would be great if available.

We have a few of the 4x16 sfp scopes in use on our truck guns. They are in 300wm and 308. Ive had mine over a year and over 1500 rounds of 300wm with zero issues. We dont baby these things. They have not lost zero. For the money they are a bargain. They are not a bsa scope ive had several bsa for shits and gigles. They dont hold up like the PA scope will. Do these scopes compare to my vortex or swaravskis? Hell NO ! But they work great . Next im going to try the ffp 4x14. And also Marshall has the BEST customer service PERIOD.
YMMV

Hi, Marshall

The base fasteners are crap on a wide number of imported brand mounts, some imported by much bigger and well known companies than Primary arms. The quality of the cap fasteners doesnt really matter as they are going into aluminum. The nuts are particuarly bad, I think they melt tin cans... The aluminum bodies that Ive encountered are good aluminum. Knock the cheapy 5mm fasteners out and replace them with grade 8/class 10.9 button heads and nuts from Ace, lap the crap out of them or bed the tube with epoxy. The replacement nuts arnt the big mama jamas but they are made of real steel and wont fail with a little torque. All the fasteners will be from -guess where. My very little exposure to Primary arms has been positive.

Last edited:
i have one of their co witness red dots with a amd mount it has been a very nice bit o kit.

Just had to return one of their 1-6 scopes, would not track or hold zero for nothing. Fantastic Customer service, expected from a Texas based company. They refunded my full amount no questions. I would try it out, I might have just got a lemon, I am going different direction with my optic.

Thats great news i have a use for a couple of those.

any chance you have a 300blk scope in the 1-6 with the acss reticle? or any 300blk scope at all?

Last edited:
I have never owned one of PA's scopes, but have used his microdots for years. They are the best bang for the buck for a small RDS. The only weakness is their mounts (cheap china mounts), but that is easily fixed with any number of quality mounts. They smoke aimpoints on value alone. I would rather have 5 PA MD's then 1 T1(which fail like any other device).

If the price is right, and it has the features you want, I wouln't hessistate to do business with Marshal. He stands behind his products and will take care of you if there is an issue.