• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRIME Ammo Delays

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Hey everyone,

Anyone order ammo from PRIME recently. Ordered a case of 6.5 Creedmoor about 8 days ago and no sign of it shipping yet. This has never happened previously so not sure if it is my luck of the draw or a true delay.

not so surprising when some states are telling people to stay in there homes unless they are shopping for food , going to the emergency room . I don't know if there plant or where house is in one of those states but it could be . on a light note we did just get our order of ammo from a couple different places so they are still shipping anyway

Last edited:
    I ordered 6.5 creed on 3/5 and waiting.

It does say Due to very high demand, all orders will ship as soon as possible. Please allow 1-2 weeks for shipping.

Jim actually called me and explained they were behind. He said it would ship out by Monday of next week.

Super nice guy!

Reactions: RS14
    I entered the group buy earlier this year. I recall it should be shipped around the middle of next month, last I heard. It’s will be good timing, given the toilet parade and ammo runs.it’s been quite a while since I ordered, so maybe someone else has heard?

I have talked to Jim extensively in the past. I have no stake in the company but I have every belief he will do everything possible to get product to customers. With everything going on a little extra patience is required.

Reactions: Stoweit and RS14
    I went to order ammo from them yesterday for a class. The price jumped to $1.50 per round, no multi case discount, and they wanted $120 for shipping on six cases. I said 'nah' and ordered components, I'll just load it myself. I was kind of still on board with the new price but the shipping went too far.

Reactions: slim023
    I went to order ammo from them yesterday for a class. The price jumped to $1.50 per round, no multi case discount, and they wanted $120 for shipping on six cases. I said 'nah' and ordered components, I'll just load it myself. I was kind of still on board with the new price but the shipping went too far.
    So $50 more a case and $20 a case for shipping each? Yikes....

It's not just Prime. Hearing this problem across many different online vendors. I've personally been waiting on a tracking number from Target Sports USA for a case of Hornady 6.5CM for a while now.

It just looks like individual ammo purchases are in general, a bit delayed. That's pretty normal given that many people are ammo hoarding and ammo sales are through the roof. It seems to me that. 223 ammo has become very scarce from where I usually purchase.

I just picked up my order to ca Monday. Took about a week.

I was going to order 4 cases for the hat creek training and proving dope before hand. It went from $250 case to $300 case and shipping jumped the week i was going to order. I can buy hornady match for $250. still not sure what ill do yet

I can tell you for a fact that FedEx is limiting shipping on their freight trucks to essentials ONLY to states with "shelter in place/stay at home" orders in place. Unfortunately, the only ammo moving on pallets is to mil, gov, 5-0 and the distributors who sell to them. If you don't already have it or the means to make it, you may be on the outside looking in very shortly with the supply being shut down/bottle necked, new states being added to the embargo daily. Good luck to all...

Looks like fedex ups and usps are having delays due to corona virus
    My buddy works for fedex. Right now its insane with delivery because so many more people are ordering online instead of stores. He's making some good overtime though ??

my case just shipped! Wish I would have ordered more!

Got a call from Jim too super nice guy!

Last edited:
    Reactions: RS14
    Man.. I was really considering trying the ammo out. I have a couple hundred rounds of ELDX still but wanted to give the lighter bullet a try. Hopefully the price will drop back down or another group buy will pop up

I had an order on amazon that I paid $18 to get it guaranteed in two days. Guess what. I still don’t have it
    It been a week and a half

More group buys were / are planned,

The shipping issue, Pandemic is a big hurdle at this point, as prior to all the shutdown notices and shelter in place orders from governors this was on track to launch.

Shipping is the biggest issue right now, some stuff is showing 45 days behind, other stuff is saying 30 days and showing up early.

I have not spoken to Jim in at least week but i can give him a ring

Got off the phone with Jim,

Still on track, just an FYI, part of the reason you are not seeing more on this, they are shipping every order at one time, and not piecemeal, which means, a majority of your orders are complete, the last batch is being completed as we speak and then everyone will get the shipping notice at the same time.

But never fear, while the pandemic impacted an early release of every order, the ahead of schedule-timeline that was in place prior means an on-time completion is still on track.

FWIW, ordered a case of 6.5cm (non-group buy) on MAR 22, got it today via fedex. I am within the 1-day shipping zone from them though (PA to NoVA).

Reactions: Mattiejay6
    Going to rehash this thread. Anyone else having delays right now?

I'm sitting at 5 weeks from date of order.

No I didn't call cause I don't want to be a pain in the ass. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this same delay.

Going to rehash this thread. Anyone else having delays right now?

I'm sitting at 5 weeks from date of order.

No I didn't call cause I don't want to be a pain in the ass. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this same delay.

Idk about prime specific. As it’s been awhile since I’ve placed a order. But anything and everything else that I have ordered recently has been delayed by quite a bit.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
    I ordered a case of the TAP 308 and it shipped next day.