• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Primear scopes are twice the Price of NXS

Re: Primear scopes are twice the Price of NXS

Is a skinny girl worth more than a fat chick twice her weight?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is a skinny girl worth more than a fat chick twice her weight? </div></div>

Ouch!! That's a good one!!

If you are going to question the value of a high-end scope and try to get folks to compare/contrast it to the Nightforce scopes...the least you could do is spell Premier correctly!

As for being twice the price...try checking your facts and comparing apples to apples instead of oranges. If you look at the Nightforce F1 (FFP model) 3.5-15x model, they quickly get to around the $2300 mark whereas the Premier 3.5-15x model is around $2800 (so that's roughly $500 more for the Premier). Given the features of the Premier in comparison with the closest scope Nightforce offers...there are more than a few people who believe that the additional cost is worthwhile. That doesn't add anything to the Premier or take away anything from the NF...it just is what it is.

Both are excellent scopes that offer incredible glass, durability/dependability, and companies that will take care of their customers.

And at this point in the game you have to take into account the law of diminishing returns. The question then becomes is the product that is 5-10% better (premier compared to the ffp nightforce) worth the extra $500. Only you can decide that for yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooting4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And at this point in the game you have to take into account the law of diminishing returns. The question then becomes is the product that is 5-10% better (premier compared to the ffp nightforce) worth the extra $500. Only you can decide that for yourself. </div></div>

Well said. For me it most certainly was.

Plus it must be pretty tough to actually spell <span style="font-weight: bold">Premier</span> correctly....

But on topic, I have an NXS for my 308 AR and while its a very nice and capable scope I decided to step up to the Premier for my precision bolt rifle.

If you have the extra cash the Premier is worth it. But then again there is nothing wrong with the Nightforce either.

If you are trying to ask is the increase in price = to increase in quality or optical quality. The straight answer is no , but you have to look at it like this : is there a increase in quality from a NF to a Schmidt , Hensoldt , or Premier I have to say yes the thing is once you get to the quality of the NF it take a lot more cash to get even a little better. I build engines for a living and when I take a specific displacement engine to a high horsepower for X ammount of cash the dollar figure goes up very fast to get just a little more power , thats how I look at it. By the way I still shoot a NF , and dont feel "out gunned".

Apparently some people think it is worth it. Looking through high end optics is an expensive addiction to some people. They delight in it. Why not if you have the money?

It's sort of like high end hifi equipment. People pay tons of money for really expensive stuff that is only marginally better. And go ooooo and ahhhhh and wow.

I'll have to admit, looking through a high end Swarovski spotting scope WAS a delight. Wow, the clarity!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is a skinny girl worth more than a fat chick twice her weight? </div></div>

Don't ask Shank...he might post pics for evidence...nobody wants that.

Premier offers things that NF does not, are they needed? Probably not. Are they nice? Yes, but if they are worth it is up to you.

I got both, and I perfer my 5-25 Premier over my 5.5-22 NSX, the glass is better IMHO, the NF cost 1640 and the PRH cost 2201, I own the last 5-25 made in 09, how much anything costs is based on what people will pay for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are Primear scopes twice as good as NXS ? Is it the glass ? </div></div>

Premiers aren't twice as good as NXS...

Nightforce 3-15 F1 = $2290.00

Premier 3-15 FFP = $2790.00

(That's not twice as much)

Nightforce 5.5-22 <span style="font-weight: bold">2nd Focal Plane</span> MIL/MIL: $1,944.64

Premier 5-25 <span style="font-weight: bold">FFP</span> MIL/MIL = $2970.00

(That's not twice as much and these two aren't both FFP)

Premiers have nicer glass and Premier's reticle has a finer line quality than the Nightforce.

Nightforce is one of the best values on the market for the price. Either one will be worth your dollar.

The choice is yours
smile.gif

Mason @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slowandsteady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now the real question is Premier or S&B... </div></div>

Now if you ask that question, everyone says yes, it's worth the upgrade.

Funny how that works.

Hard to beat NF in bang for the buck stakes and if i were to step up higher it would be straight to S&B or Hensoldt...sorry Premier

As much as i really want to own a Premier or a S&B PM2 every time i go to make the purchase i ask myself what will this do that the Bushnell 6500 4.5-30 wont for 20% of the price..........

Some say the light transmission is better..... then i say..... well the light transmission on my Gen 3 D760 pwns the S&B
smile.gif

i just cant justify it to myself.... no matter how hard i try

FX1,

It all depends on what you do with the optic.

People always just think "Glass quality" when they start comparing optics.

Glass quality is one thing, but how user friendly is the optic, how repeatable is the optic (over years of hard use), how rugged is it over years of use, drops, falls, bumping around, blah blah blah.

How does the glass cut through mirage at distance on a 100 degree day, in a humid enviroment? All these things and more some come into play for those that drop the 3K on an optic.

Bang for your dollars, NF is the way to roll. They are bomb proof.

Premier, if you got the coin, is better mouse trap right now, for me and for what I use a scope for.

Its like the difference in a baseball player that bats only .250 and cant hardly get a contract to play and one that bats only .050 better and makes millions. He is just a LITTLE BIT better but to a baseball team that small difference is worth a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FX1,

Glass quality is one thing, but how user friendly is the optic, how repeatable is the optic (over years of hard use), how rugged is it over years of use, drops, falls, bumping around, blah blah blah.

How does the glass cut through mirage at distance on a 100 degree day, in a humid enviroment? All these things and more some come into play for those that drop the 3K on an optic.

Premier, if you got the coin, is better mouse trap right now, for me and for what I use a scope for.
</div></div>

lifetime warranty on bushnell, held zero so far so good. optics seem fine, never seen a mirage in the uk. seems pretty strong, japanese glass.

i have used some crap scopes in the past but this is the first one that really punches above its weight.

its not uber tactical though so maybe it gets less votes on here

I've contacted Premier scopes they agreed to change the spelling of their scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've contacted Premier scopes they agreed to change the spelling of their scopes. </div></div>
papuaII-thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FX1,

</div></div>

All I got to say is +1 ^^^^. Ive had 2 NF, loved them both, but took the leap to a PH and ain't I lookin back!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've contacted Premier scopes they agreed to change the spelling of their scopes. </div></div>

Did they agree to re-write the simple rules of cipherin' too? The gazintas are a bit off in this thread.