• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer Seating Tool

The CPS hits a mechanical and adjustable stop when the primer is fully seated. Push the handle hard or soft and it seats the primer to the same depth when it hits the hard stop. The stop is click adjustable with the dial on the front. There is no question as to whether or not a primer is at the correct depth.

How important is it to uniform primer pockets, either by cutting or swaging? What about uniforming flash holes?

The CPS sets the depth based on the interaction between the top of the case rim and the shell holder. The tool has a hard stop which mechanically stops you from seating primers any deeper than the adjustment chosen. Quality brass will have nearly immeasurable variance in primer pocket depth. However, primer pocket and flash hole uniformity is most definitely important if you intend to get the most uniform ignition. So uniforming the primer pockets will certainly not hurt anything. I prefer to use a cutting tool, as swaging can create uniformity problems of its own and is a brute force operation, rather than the comparatively delicate operation that a cutting tool employs. Most customers report that their ES and SD is significantly reduced by simply switching to the CPS, and then they have further reduced it by uniforming the primer pockets and flash holes.

When you first setup the CPS, be aware that it will take some time to break the tool in. The stainless components will have a short period of compression during the first 50-200 primers seated. Possibly more, but the idea here is that all of the mechanical surfaces will compress some as they take repeated load. It is not uncommon to see a few thousandths of drift within the first couple hundred or so cases. This will be greater for loose pockets, and shorter for tight pockets. Once the tool has been adequately broke in, you won't see any drift to speak of. Most customers report consistency to the order of less than a half a thousandth across 500+ pieces. Just make sure you're pulling tight against the hard stop each cycle, and the depth will be more precise than provided by any other tool on the market.

Last edited:
I have a Lee hand primer and it kills my arthritic hands too, so I got the Lee bench primer....it sucks ass... absolutely hate it! Constant misfeeds, jamming, spilled primers etc.
Is there a way to mount a tray to the 21st Century primer? Do you really need to single load each primer into that device? Seems awfully slow, if so.

Is there a way to mount a tray to the 21st Century primer? Do you really need to single load each primer into that device? Seems awfully slow, if so.

No. The shell holders are specific to the tool, and do not permit any kind of feed system.

That primal rights tool is certainly tempting, and I'm sure it's worth the price tag with the features it has - If I had not just bought the 21 century tool I may have gone in that direction, because after doing a couple hundred over a couple days, hand priming is kind of a pain. Maybe i just have girly hands.

Maybe i just have girly hands.

In that case, so do I... and so does every other volume shooter. If a guy simply isn't shooting and handloading often, then perhaps the hand tools can work. They are still not fun, but at least they can work. If you're putting lots of rounds down range... there is no person in the world with the hand strength to deal with the fatigue the hand tools generate.

Trying to prime 300-1000 rounds in a session with a hand tool is for masochists only. Our CPS can do 1000 in an hour... and you won't even be the slightest bit fatigued. We have ammo manufacturers using the CPS with employees running them 8 hours a day, every day. The CPS was chosen by the FBI Ballistic Research Division because after exhaustive evaluation, it was the most precise, fastest, and most reliable priming system available.

It's not a problem with your hands my friend. It's a problem with the design of the tools which somehow became commonly accepted to perform this task.

The issue is multifaceted.

1) Not many handloaders realize the true importance of having consistent ignition.

2) Because not many realize its importance, not many invest time and money into the operation.

3) Due to this, not many get to experience a wide array of priming tool configurations. Most just use whatever unit they started with.

4) As a result, people simply do not realize how simple, effortless, precise, and fast the operation can become.

The same can be said of all high end reloading equipment. These forums are slammed full of people claiming a bottle torch and a socket in a drill is the best way to anneal. A manual hand operated trimmer is the best way to trim. A beam scale and thrower is the best way to charge cases. Many people simply do not know differently and they base their reality on their experiences, which are very limited. As someone that owns a Bench Source annealer, a giraud trimmer, and a Prometheus genII powder measure... I can tell you that every single device is essentially without equal. (other than perhaps the AMP annealer) Yet there will still be some who claim these high end devices are not worth the money. They are worth it, and that is a reality those who choose not to buy them may not discover, yet it is a reality none the less. When better tools come along, they too will be worth it.

Time is important to some of us. It has less to do with "need" than it has to do with the kind of experiences, feelings, and time management we want to have in our lives. Sure, the best equipment is absolutely going to produce better results than cheap equipment. The result of more consistent rounds performing better on target is obvious. What isn't obvious is the kind of enjoyment we can have when the laborious tasks associated with our passions have the pain, frustration, and time stripped away from the equation. The feeling of satisfaction we get from using the most excellent optics, on the best custom rifles, with the most perfectly uniform ammo we can produce. The calm confidence behind the rifle which exists due to our extreme diligence and obsession over every tiny detail. Nothing is left to chance. All variables accounted for. The hit is assured. Yes it is a need after all. The need to know we've done everything possible to ensure perfection. The pursuit and the satisfaction it creates, just as important as the result itself. It's not unlike how the act of hunting, can often be as fun or more fun than the trophy gained. Think of how much time is spent in the reloading room to create each round. It takes a lot longer to create it than it does to send it. That time at the loading bench should be pleasing to you, and shouldn't be unduly punishing or time consuming. If it is, then you should realize it doesn't have to be.

If that doesn't speak to you personally, then by all means keep mashing those primers into those cases with your thumbs or jamming them in there with your presses. You might be able to convince yourself it's the best way, but you won't convince those who have used a CPS. People will spend $1000 on a barrel install that will be shot out in 2000 rounds. People will spend $300 on a bipod for a single rifle. People will spend $400 on a rifle case they will hardly use. People will spend $400 on a scope mount which will sit on a single rifle. The CPS can be used on literally hundreds of thousands of rounds for as many rifles as you want. We sincerely do not know the service life, because no one has ever wore one out yet. One customer claims over a million rounds primed on a single unit, and there's no indication it will need service anytime soon. It's a lifetime tool which takes a laborious, monotonous, sloppy, slow, and physically demanding task... and makes it precise, fast, and nearly effortless. Buying a CPS is not a risk proposition. Buying a CPS is an investment into your health and happiness as a shooter.

Anyone that orders a CPS before friday of this week via our website (www.primalrights.com) and mentions this thread in the comments during checkout will get $75 off and free shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. We almost never do discounts on the CPS... but reading this thread and seeing so many people advocate torturous hand tools or inferior bench tools seems very strange. Almost like people are intentionally making their priming operation harder for themselves for some reason. If incentive was needed... here it is. You'll make more money. You'll never get time back, and you'll never feel good about inflicting pain on yourself while pursuing a sport that is suppose to be fun.

In that case, so do I... and so does every other volume shooter. If a guy simply isn't shooting and handloading often, then perhaps the hand tools can work. They are still not fun, but at least they can work. If you're putting lots of rounds down range... there is no person in the world with the hand strength to deal with the fatigue the hand tools generate.

Trying to prime 300-1000 rounds in a session with a hand tool is for masochists only. Our CPS can do 1000 in an hour... and you won't even be the slightest bit fatigued. We have ammo manufacturers using the CPS with employees running them 8 hours a day, every day. The CPS was chosen by the FBI Ballistic Research Division because after exhaustive evaluation, it was the most precise, fastest, and most reliable priming system available.

It's not a problem with your hands my friend. It's a problem with the design of the tools which somehow became commonly accepted to perform this task.

1) Not many handloaders realize the true importance of having consistent ignition.

2) Because not many realize its importance, not many invest time and money into the operation.

3) Due to this, not many get to experience a wide array of priming tool configurations. Most just use whatever unit they started with.

4) As a result, people simply do not realize how simple, effortless, precise, and fast the operation can become.

The same can be said of all high end reloading equipment. These forums are slammed full of people claiming a bottle torch and a socket in a drill is the best way to anneal. A manual hand operated trimmer is the best way to trim. A beam scale and thrower is the best way to charge cases. Many people simply do not know differently and they base their reality on their experiences, which are very limited. As someone that owns a Bench Source annealer, a giraud trimmer, and a Prometheus genII powder measure... I can tell you that every single device is essentially without equal. (other than perhaps the AMP annealer) Yet there will still be some who claim these high end devices are not worth the money. They are worth it, and that is a reality those who choose not to buy them may not discover, yet it is a reality none the less. When better tools come along, they too will be worth it.

Time is important to some of us. It has less to do with "need" than it has to do with the kind of experiences, feelings, and time management we want to have in our lives. Sure, the best equipment is absolutely going to produce better results than cheap equipment. The result of more consistent rounds performing better on target is obvious. What isn't obvious is the kind of enjoyment we can have when the laborious tasks associated with our passions have the pain, frustration, and time stripped away from the equation. The feeling of satisfaction we get from using the most excellent optics, on the best custom rifles, with the most perfectly uniform ammo we can produce. The calm confidence behind the rifle which exists due to our extreme diligence and obsession over every tiny detail. Nothing is left to chance. All variables accounted for. The hit is assured. Yes it is a need after all. The need to know we've done everything possible to ensure perfection. The pursuit and the satisfaction it creates, just as important as the result itself. It's not unlike how the act of hunting, can often be as fun or more fun than the trophy gained. Think of how much time is spent in the reloading room to create each round. It takes a lot longer to create it than it does to send it. That time at the loading bench should be pleasing to you, and shouldn't be unduly punishing or time consuming. If it is, then you should realize it doesn't have to be.

If that doesn't speak to you personally, then by all means keep mashing those primers into those cases with your thumbs or jamming them in there with your presses. You might be able to convince yourself it's the best way, but you won't convince those who have used a CPS. People will spend $1000 on a barrel install that will be shot out in 2000 rounds. People will spend $300 on a bipod for a single rifle. People will spend $400 on a rifle case they will hardly use. People will spend $400 on a scope mount which will sit on a single rifle. The CPS can be used on literally hundreds of thousands of rounds for as many rifles as you want. We sincerely do not know the service life, because no one has ever wore one out yet. One customer claims over a million rounds primed on a single unit, and there's no indication it will need service anytime soon. It's a lifetime tool which takes a laborious, monotonous, sloppy, slow, and physically demanding task... and makes it precise, fast, and nearly effortless. Buying a CPS is not a risk proposition. Buying a CPS is an investment into your health and happiness as a shooter.

Anyone that orders a CPS before friday of this week via our website (www.primalrights.com) and mentions this thread in the comments during checkout will get $75 off and free shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. We almost never do discounts on the CPS... but reading this thread and seeing so many people advocate torturous hand tools or inferior bench tools seems very strange. Almost like people are intentionally making their priming operation harder for themselves for some reason. If incentive was needed... here it is. You'll make more money. You'll never get time back, and you'll never feel good about inflicting pain on yourself while pursuing a sport that is suppose to be fun.

Screamin' deal..... (y) (y) (y) ;):cool:

Reactions: Curt1521
Ok, I always wanted the CPS and orkan's post above finally helped me to convince myself to pull the trigger
Very nice of you to give one away to the older gentleman
I'm ordering mine today

ok @orkan , you got me. Just dropped in my order. I have a road trip coming up, and I look forward to testing it on the 400+ rounds I'm going to load to take with me.

I am 74. If I was younger and just getting started, there is no way I would do without the CPS. I have seen it work, it is the cat's meow!!

978C8D27-1FEB-4E70-A26F-2491BE6F2E44.jpeg

I’ve used the hand held primers, primed with presses, ect . Orkan’s Cps is the best for me priming .

390 pieces of 22cm primed in 24 minutes...including poking the primers...and spilling and picking up a flat of 100 primers as well. This is truly the easiest part of the loading process with the CPS.

XHwEZ0E.jpg

It’s one of my favorite purchases and ranks up there in the best option in its category like the giraud, AMP with AMPmate and the A&D autothrow/trickler do in their respective groups

Ordered mine last night, then looked this morning and saw the discount applied to my order. Stoked to put this thing to work! Thanks Primal Rights!

390 pieces of 22cm primed in 24 minutes...including poking the primers...and spilling and picking up a flat of 100 primers as well. This is truly the easiest part of the loading process with the CPS.

XHwEZ0E.jpg
Dillion rf100 to load the primer tube.

Last edited:
@orkan any pros/cons to using shell holders from Sinclair, etc. in lieu of Lee? They seem noticeably better machined... not sure if that helps at all in this situation?

Bald Eagle Competition Primer Seater - Love this seater which is about to get hard to find. Sold by Grizzly and used by US Open Team. Does anyone else own one? I am not getting the full adjustment I think I should and it would be helpful to talk to someone who has actually used it....
I recently got one of these and found that even with the top screwed all the way down, it’s not seating primers flush. I decided to give up and buy the Primal Rights CPS, unfortunately before the $75 discount mentioned here. It’s arriving tomorrow.

So... will regular Dillon primer tubes and/or fillers will work with the CPS?
Dillon has a "tube filler" tube, and a normal tube... I forget which works... but we have quite a few customers that commented they are using dillon tubes. I don't recall if they have modified them in some way or not. The tool ships with 1 large and 1 small tube.

@orkan any pros/cons to using shell holders from Sinclair, etc. in lieu of Lee? They seem noticeably better machined... not sure if that helps at all in this situation?
I definitely prefer the sinclair over the lee. They just seem like they fit a bit better and are of a higher machining quality. It seems like no company holds their ID tolerances close on the hole they put in them, so its not super uncommon to need a few passes with an abrasive strip on the inside of the hole to ensure the shell holders sit on the CPS properly.

Last edited:
Sinclair shell holders work well and are machined better. I have some lee and some Sinclair.

The CPS comes set up for Hornady primer tubes. I load on Dillion so I have converted mine to work with Dillon primer tubes as I already had them and didn’t want to keep up two sets.

I have considered Dillion’s auto primer filler, but have not tried one because most people that own them state that they get one or two per hundred primers upside down. I don’t find that acceptable. If you own one and your experience is different than that please let me know. It would make shell priming output somewhere around 1,500-2,000 per hour when coupled with the cps.

I have considered Dillion’s auto primer filler, but have not tried one because most people that own them state that they get one or two per hundred primers upside down. I don’t find that acceptable. If you own one and your experience is different than that please let me know.

I haven't sunk the funds into an RF100 as of yet... seems like you either hear about them working flawlessly, or having intermittent issues, as you mentioned. I'm guessing some (a lot) of that may be dependent on the user setting them up. I'm not entirely sure I shoot quite enough to warrant one of those just yet, so I've been getting by with a FA VibraPrime, which has been working pretty well for me. I very rarely load more than a few hundred at a time, even on my 550B, so as long as I can fill a handful of primer tubes and having them sitting ready to go, I'm good.

If I can continue using that setup (VibraPrime and Dillon small/large rifle primer tubes) with the CPS, I'd be pretty tickled.

I have a vibraprime but don’t like it.

Conversion to Dillon tubes is easy. If you want me to walk you through it, send me a PM.

With respect, I think the Prometheus powder dispenser wins the powder category... ;)

I wouldn’t argue on that too hard. Always forget about them since you rarely see one in the wild

Staff received a couple emails regarding the sale. They are a little occupied today, but will respond in the affirmative when they get free of other duties. If we have your order right now at the time of this post, discount will be honored. If we don't have your order by now (12:19 Mountain) the sale price will not be applied. Sale over. Thank you to those that participated!

I may be the only person on earth who actually likes using the primer seating tool that sits on the bottom of the lee single stage press. I basically have my brass all cleaned and prepped (with old primers already removed) then I put a brass piece in along with the primer in the little cup and push down to size the brass and then pull up to seat the primer all in one shot. Then I move on to the next one. I just find this to be efficient for me. I honestly don't know of anyone else who seems to like to use that feature of the press but I do.

I fixed the problem I was having with the Bald Eagle by replacing the interior steel ball with one a size larger. I really love this tool!

Thanks to the generosity of orkan and Primal Rights, I now have a CPS. It arrived Thursday. Here is a mini-review.

The exterior box was plain cardboard. Inside the box was molded black foam, kind of like styrofoam, but not as brittle. It makes for suitable storage when not in use, so be sure not to destroy the packaging when it arrives.

Inside is the priming unit itself with handle already attached, one large primer pickup tube, one small primer pickup tube, one large priming punch, one small priming punch, one large primer shuttle, one small primer shuttle, and instructions.

I was surprised by how small the unit is - it looks bigger on video. The bulk of the unit appears to be anodized aluminum. The machining is exquisite to my untrained eye. The only pieces of plastic I found were the ball on the end of the operating lever and the pickup tube "mouths". Everything else appears to be aluminum or steel. Nothing appears to be cast or MIM either. Throw it down the stairs or knock it off the bench and it'll be fine. Do the same with another priming tool with lots of plastic parts and you'll be left with a pile of broken parts.

There are Youtube videos showing how to setup and operate the device, so I won't get too deep into that. But it really is as simple as loading a primer tube, putting some brass in the shellholder, and pulling the lever. You simply turn the adjustment dial to control seating depth.

The amount of effort required to seat a primer is very low while still maintaining excellent feel for the tightness of the primer pocket. I primed 200 pieces last night and even with unboxing, setup, and examination of the unit, it took less than an hour. And best of all, my hands don't hurt like they did with that god-awful hand priming tool.

Compared to priming on the press, the CPS blows away my two press options, a Hornady LNL AP and a Lee Classic Turret. The Hornady LNL AP is know for having issues seating primers below flush. The Lee press can seat below flush, but doesn't have the feel of the CPS, not does allow you to seat to a consistent depth.

What's remarkable is the tiny CPS allows for easier seating compared to the much larger Lee Classic Turret and the massive Hornady LNL AP. Both presses prime as the ram is lowered and the operating lever is raised/pushed. The CPS primes as the ram is raised and the operating lever is lowered/pulled. I don't understand the physics and engineering behind them all, but the CPS simply requires less force to prime. The LNL AP seems to have a bad design where the more you push the lever in an effort to seat the primer deeper, the more the linkage and ram twist, presumably wasting energy and not effectively seating the primer.

It is a pricey tool and I am blessed that Primal Rights sent me one at no charge. I can't emphasize enough that if this was a loaner or test unit, I would buy my own. The tool has to be used to really appreciate how easy and effortless it makes priming. While our sport has plenty of big, manly men that can crush coconuts with their bare hands, there are plenty of us that do not have that kind of hand strength. The CPS is a godsend for those of use with hand, elbow, or shoulder pain.

In closing, the Primal Rights CPS is a tool in the same tier as the Giraud Power Trimmer or Forster Co-Ax - tools that command a premium price but make the job of creating precision handloads faster and easier.

So... will regular Dillon primer tubes and/or fillers will work with the CPS?
I scored my cps on the px. You don’t see them on there, it was maybe 30 minutes, probably less from when the guy started the post. Anyways not sure what primer tube came with it but I use that tube with a small clear sleeve on top to help guide dillons tube filler to it. I use the rt100 that fills there tube filler and then take that over to the cps tube and pull the cotter pin that dumps the 100 primers into the cps tube and start priming. I don’t use Dillion primer tubes on it. There could be a better way to do it. I load single stage presses and Dillion’s , so I use two of the rt1000’s , one set up for large primer (red) and the other for small (blue) . I ran some large pistol primers through the rt100 the other day , it was being a pain. Kept adjusting it to get to run. Then ran some fed215’s and went smooth, fast . Small rifle primers have been running smooth too. Others might have better luck with it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, idk. I’ll post a pic.

I have the RCBS universal priming tool. I have primed 1000’s of cases and it works great for me.

Reactions: cruze5
In the first pic is Dillion’s tube on the left and the tube that came with cps that I modified on the right. I’m looking forward to orkan’s primer tube filler , and his cps is on another level ?thanks.

Thanks to the generosity of orkan and Primal Rights, I now have a CPS. It arrived Thursday. Here is a mini-review.

The exterior box was plain cardboard. Inside the box was molded black foam, kind of like styrofoam, but not as brittle. It makes for suitable storage when not in use, so be sure not to destroy the packaging when it arrives.

Inside is the priming unit itself with handle already attached, one large primer pickup tube, one small primer pickup tube, one large priming punch, one small priming punch, one large primer shuttle, one small primer shuttle, and instructions.

I was surprised by how small the unit is - it looks bigger on video. The bulk of the unit appears to be anodized aluminum. The machining is exquisite to my untrained eye. The only pieces of plastic I found were the ball on the end of the operating lever and the pickup tube "mouths". Everything else appears to be aluminum or steel. Nothing appears to be cast or MIM either. Throw it down the stairs or knock it off the bench and it'll be fine. Do the same with another priming tool with lots of plastic parts and you'll be left with a pile of broken parts.

There are Youtube videos showing how to setup and operate the device, so I won't get too deep into that. But it really is as simple as loading a primer tube, putting some brass in the shellholder, and pulling the lever. You simply turn the adjustment dial to control seating depth.

The amount of effort required to seat a primer is very low while still maintaining excellent feel for the tightness of the primer pocket. I primed 200 pieces last night and even with unboxing, setup, and examination of the unit, it took less than an hour. And best of all, my hands don't hurt like they did with that god-awful hand priming tool.

Compared to priming on the press, the CPS blows away my two press options, a Hornady LNL AP and a Lee Classic Turret. The Hornady LNL AP is know for having issues seating primers below flush. The Lee press can seat below flush, but doesn't have the feel of the CPS, not does allow you to seat to a consistent depth.

What's remarkable is the tiny CPS allows for easier seating compared to the much larger Lee Classic Turret and the massive Hornady LNL AP. Both presses prime as the ram is lowered and the operating lever is raised/pushed. The CPS primes as the ram is raised and the operating lever is lowered/pulled. I don't understand the physics and engineering behind them all, but the CPS simply requires less force to prime. The LNL AP seems to have a bad design where the more you push the lever in an effort to seat the primer deeper, the more the linkage and ram twist, presumably wasting energy and not effectively seating the primer.

It is a pricey tool and I am blessed that Primal Rights sent me one at no charge. I can't emphasize enough that if this was a loaner or test unit, I would buy my own. The tool has to be used to really appreciate how easy and effortless it makes priming. While our sport has plenty of big, manly men that can crush coconuts with their bare hands, there are plenty of us that do not have that kind of hand strength. The CPS is a godsend for those of use with hand, elbow, or shoulder pain.

In closing, the Primal Rights CPS is a tool in the same tier as the Giraud Power Trimmer or Forster Co-Ax - tools that command a premium price but make the job of creating precision handloads faster and easier.

Thank you for the kind words, and I'm glad you're liking the CPS. All I ask in return is that you spread the truth about priming tools. No one's hands should hurt when priming. They don't need to go slow, they don't need to be sloppy, and they don't need to be unsafe. They can go fast, be precise, and be safe all at once without being fatigued. :)

I have a Lee hand primer and it's OK.

Out of the box it wasn't seating large rifle primers deep enough (by a hair), but it's not adjustable, so I had to put a little shim in it.

It's adequate...

Started out with a Lee hand tool, cuz everybody said "it has amazing 'feel'!" for seating primers. Yeah, it had amazing feel, alright... because the mechanical leverage on the one(s) I tried sucked a$$. Long loading sessions, or working with brass that has tight pockets, was just miserable.

Later went to the RCBS hand primer, which was better... but I got damn tired of losing the free-floating priming rod every time the thing was tipped over in a drawer or box. Eventually ended up with two, one for large primer and one for small.

Tried priming on my Co-Ax press for a while... for my .338LM, because it's a weird case head size. Before that I'd tried a Forster bench mounted priming tool, but got rid of it because I didn't like having to jack around adjusting three independent jaws going between .223 and .308 case head sizes.

I've done a *lot* of cases on a K&M, and don't really have any complaints about it, other than the lack of any kind of 'magazine' for it. For the money, of the ones I've used, the K&M is the best value/performance so far. Someone gave me a Sinclair tool as a gift, and I have shell holders for .223, .308, .300WM and .338LM so it should cover about anything I need. It's a little more 'solid' feeling than the K&M (not sure why)... not a huge fan of the shim adjustment on it, and again, it's a single-loader. Luckily I'm not one of those people whose fingers are so sweaty/oily that they contaminate primers and/or etch steel...

I've got my 550B set up with one tool head for decapping/sizing cases, and another for charging/seating, and I've been doing more priming on it lately. Still getting low-mid single digit SD, and acceptable ES, and pretty damn good accuracy at distance.

I've got a CPS on order, so we'll see if things get magically better using that.

I usually like to use the next best tools as there is a significant discount in price from the best (I am a budget consumer but willing to spend my hard earn cash's on tools that will do the job perfectly)) . If you do small batches, 50-100, the 21st century tool is the Cadillac for that size production in my opinion. If doing more yes, the Primal Right tool is the way to go.

I just set up my Primal Rights CPS last night and primed fifty rounds. Damn, that thing is amazing. It’s really one of the nicest tools I’ve used. The machining is gorgeous, it feels like something that will last for generations, and it retains feel while making priming incredibly easy. If you can possibly imagine it being worth the money for you, just buy it.

I finally got my Primal Rights seater in and set up. Prior to this, I've been using a RCBS universal priming tool, however, due to some
previous injuries, I've only been able to seat around 30-40 primers before my hand would be numb. Last night, I primed 200 cases without
any problems afterwards.
Also, being in the machining/ fabrication industry for 25+ years, I can certainly see why this costs what it does. There's been a ton of time
put into the design and machine work.
If anyone has any doubt, go ahead and buy one, you won't be sorry after you use it once.
Just my .02

Excellent post... Im saving up for one!!
DW

Reactions: kindabitey
I have the Frankford Arsenal Platinum priming tool, but the seating stem is not concentric with the primer pocket when the shell is placed in the shell holder. This means I have to fidget with shell positioning and I am not confident that primers are evenly seated. I don’t want to handle every primer, so have been looking at the Primal Rights CPS tool, but $600 is hard to swallow.

Borderline necro post reply but just for future information...you get this as you've mixed up the large and small primer collet holder with the small primer rod. They'll both fit with the small primer rod and if you accidentally use the large primer collet holder, you can misalign the bottom of the case and get that crescent-shape indent on the primer. With the proper small rifle primer collet holder, it's automatically centered.

I looked at everything available with my four prime considerations being time spent priming, repeatability, adjustability and cost. In the end I too went with the Franklin. Money no object, Primal Rights hands down. I'm headed down the arthritis path as well so I'm sure the CPS is in my future. I load for AR's so they eat rounds like candy. Not abnormal for me to prime 500 to 1000 rounds per sitting. Forearms like Popeye, LOL. I'm sure some like the 21st Century are more accurate but the one primer hand load at a time would drive me nuts. Plus I'm not in it for ultimate bench-rest accuracy.