• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer Seating Tool

I have an RCBS bench unit, 2 RCBS hand units (set up for small and large primers) and a FA hand unit. They all have their purpose, work as expected and get used depending on how many and which cases I need to prime

I have tried several different priming systems. The interesting thing is that most reloaders have multiple priming tools. For one reason or another they are not completely happy with one, so they have a bench mounted tool, a press mounted tool, a couple of hand tools and while they might have one favorite, there is still not any one tool that is completely satisfying as far as speed, comfort, precision, and quality. How much have you spent on all of the different priming tools you own? I bet if you add it up, many of you are getting very close to the price of the CPS...or at least half way there and even with 3+ priming tools you are still lacking in either speed, comfort, precision, or quality.

I bought my CPS several years ago now, and I can tell you it is a once and done unit. You will not wish a year later that you had something different. It is not lacking in ANY of the above categories. It is the fastest, most precise, and most comfortable priming unit I have ever used. I currently only own two priming tools: the CPS and the one on top of the forster coax press. The only reason I don't sell the one on top of the coax is that it is made into the press. With the CPS, there is no reason to have any more than one priming tool. You can spend the next 10 years struggling with and amassing a pile of cheaper priming tools, or you can buy a CPS and smile every time you get to use it!

Reactions: ACard and orkan
I have tried several different priming systems. The interesting thing is that most reloaders have multiple priming tools. For one reason or another they are not completely happy with one, so they have a bench mounted tool, a press mounted tool, a couple of hand tools and while they might have one favorite, there is still not any one tool that is completely satisfying as far as speed, comfort, precision, and quality. How much have you spent on all of the different priming tools you own? I bet if you add it up, many of you are getting very close to the price of the CPS...or at least half way there and even with 3+ priming tools you are still lacking in either speed, comfort, precision, or quality.

I bought my CPS several years ago now, and I can tell you it is a once and done unit. You will not wish a year later that you had something different. It is not lacking in ANY of the above categories. It is the fastest, most precise, and most comfortable priming unit I have ever used. I currently only own two priming tools: the CPS and the one on top of the forster coax press. The only reason I don't sell the one on top of the coax is that it is made into the press. With the CPS, there is no reason to have any more than one priming tool. You can spend the next 10 years struggling with and amassing a pile of cheaper priming tools, or you can buy a CPS and smile every time you get to use it!

Couldn’t agree more. I also would highly recommend a DAA primer tube filler. I’ve used mine for about 3000 rounds so far and it’s been awesome. No more picking up primers by hand. Haven’t had one primer come out upside down yet and is super fast. The only downside is it needs about 50 extra primers to fill the last tube due to the hopper style design but makes priming batches of 200 to 1000 pieces of brass super easy. It took me about an hour to prime 1000 pieces of BR brass with the primer tube filler and you only need to tubes

Attachments

• E2D07AE8-0A5F-456D-89BD-39012EEE161B.jpeg
    E2D07AE8-0A5F-456D-89BD-39012EEE161B.jpeg
    487.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Kpchurch and orkan
Progress press: practice handloads for pistols & 5.56
RCBS bench primer: for my self defense pistol loads and some rifle loads
21st Century: for my precision rifle loads......this tool has the best feel by for and is easily adjusted

Anyone that orders a CPS before friday of this week via our website (www.primalrights.com) and mentions this thread in the comments during checkout will get $75 off and free shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. We almost never do discounts on the CPS... but reading this thread and seeing so many people advocate torturous hand tools or inferior bench tools seems very strange. Almost like people are intentionally making their priming operation harder for themselves for some reason. If incentive was needed... here it is. You'll make more money. You'll never get time back, and you'll never feel good about inflicting pain on yourself while pursuing a sport that is suppose to be fun.

does this apply for cyber Monday

Reactions: Rfeldhaus
We're running way low on inventory presently fellas... can't even keep up with normal order volume.

In the spirit of the present holiday, we are very thankful for the crushing demand for our products! However, the celebration of the birth of Jesus is just around the corner. We may be able to help you get some red and black under your tree for Christmas. ;)

We're running way low on inventory presently fellas... can't even keep up with normal order volume.

In the spirit of the present holiday, we are very thankful for the crushing demand for our products! However, the celebration of the birth of Jesus is just around the corner. We may be able to help you get some red and black under your tree for Christmas. ;)
Well now I want to support your business more👍

Well maybe a new priming tool is on my list now. :)

After almost 15 years of perfect function, my Lee hand held primer just failed! Epoxy did not fix the top lip that came off....J-B weld is next....:unsure:.....perfect timing as there are no priming tools to be found anywhere:mad:.....and then I stumble across this thread and see some sort of priming device that is clearly from the future and am thunderstruck! I wonder if service rifle shooters like myself are worthy of using such equipment? In the meantime, I'll finish priming these cases with a punch and a small non-sparking brass hammer...🤨

After almost 15 years of perfect function, my Lee hand held primer just failed! Epoxy did not fix the top lip that came off....J-B weld is next....:unsure:.....perfect timing as there are no priming tools to be found anywhere:mad:.....and then I stumble across this thread and see some sort of priming device that is clearly from the future and am thunderstruck! I wonder if service rifle shooters like myself are worthy of using such equipment? In the meantime, I'll finish priming these cases with a punch and a small non-sparking brass hammer...🤨

First primers I ever loaded were with this:

JZ13QaUl.jpg

Random google image search there... not my pic.

There's all levels of expectation out there. Hierarchy's exist in everything. Peoples definition of "proper" tends to vary proportionately across the sample size of people, commensurate with their experience level. There are still people loading ammo on that lee kit. ...in 2020. That's right... using a hammer and glorified punch to install primers. If they are happy, who's to tell them otherwise? Would they even listen if told? Yet the minute they start claiming their way is best, the paradigm shifts.

When I first started reloading, the Lee kit came with everything needed to get started. Minus the components of course...As I began to learn and become more proficient, I would upgrade items as I could afford. It seemed that priming tools were always upgrading, with the newest model rather outdated like an iphone as a new tool hit the shelves. Given my rather low, extended, and slow volume of loading, I dragged my feet, always watching developments. There is no doubt your CPS is top shelf. All my comments were satirical, and poking fun at myself. I suspect I may take a closer look when your inventory returns as I try to support Hide vendors/members whenever possible but now I have to mix another batch of J-B weld as the original mixture has set up while I typed this.....😫....in conclusion, I would opine that perhaps the most important statement in this entire thread is that the birth of Jesus is almost here!

I suspect I may take a closer look when your inventory returns

We have inventory. CPS's are in stock and ship every day, and other than on weekends, ship the day of or the next day after an order is received. The spirit of my comments were such that a sale would surely not be in our best interests presently, as it would cause our speedy delivery times to slow dramatically.

A sale on the CPS would be in our best interests. so I'll continue to wait till the end of the month or next based on what you've said in the past about a potential sale :)

We have inventory. CPS's are in stock and ship every day, and other than on weekends, ship the day of or the next day after an order is received. The spirit of my comments were such that a sale would surely not be in our best interests presently, as it would cause our speedy delivery times to slow dramatically.

Reactions: orkan
Lol
That’s exactly how my Lee blew up.
I’m using a RCBS universal, it works fairly well and hasn’t broken ( primed a coffee can worth of 9mm just moments ago) but preferred how the Lee felt.

Just found this thread, a day late (or maybe a year lol). I’m just starting to gather reloading equipment and can’t wait to get my hands on the CPS. @orkan, your participation on this forum and generosity have inspired me. Haven’t exactly experienced pain (probably because there aren’t enough primers available) but it’s definitely quickly fatiguing.

Reactions: orkan
Just found this thread, a day late (or maybe a year lol). I’m just starting to gather reloading equipment and can’t wait to get my hands on the CPS. @orkan, your participation on this forum and generosity have inspired me. Haven’t exactly experienced pain (probably because there aren’t enough primers available) but it’s definitely quickly fatiguing.

Look for an announcement about a week before Christmas. With covid 2020 shipping being weird, and then the normally slow shipping during holidays... I suspect we will get them delivered sometime in January.

Good sale on the CPS right now. I paid full price and am not going to look back. Still worth it but with the sale anyone on the fence should make the move. Great piece of gear.

Is the Primal Rights Priming tool worth it to me? Following group is 10rds .308, 185gr Juggernauts, Lapua sized x 2 brass. No sorting by weight or other fancy stuff. Used 40 year old raggedly Lee hand primer.By the way, least one of the outliers I called at the shot, bad technique.I think I may not shoot up to the standard to benefit from it, though it looks pretty slick.

T8ohB6x.jpg

pRsDeXR.jpg

The benefits of a CPS encompass far more than the accuracy/precision to be gained. Effortless priming with unrivaled speed can be enjoyed even if you're not able to shoot the difference in seating depth uniformity.

It's a personal choice of the individual shooter to decide if they want to pursue the accuracy and precision portion of the journey. However the enhanced experience enjoyed when priming with a CPS is undeniable.

I run an old RCBS bench mount tool. Single feed primers into it. My dad has the same tool. Been using it for over 50 years. They aren’t currently made but you can find them used. RCBS hand priming tool is also a tool.
Is this the one you are talking about? I found one on Armslist last year and missed it by minutes

Old RCBS Bench Priming Tool.png