• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

primers everywhere!!

Re: primers everywhere!!

Powder valley has some CCI LRBR .... I just called Powder Valley & they said that they do not have any; however, to call next Wed. because they are expecting a shipment of Wolf primers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, <span style="text-decoration: underline">3rd gen SS</span> has some CCI250 and #34 </div></div>

I bought 8lbs of Varget from them two weeks ago; took 4 days to get here. Seems like a very nice outfit to deal with and I felt the price was very reasonable.

Thats odd. The BR2's appeard on the PV website yesterday. I put in a order for them last night. as of 1825 hours central time they are still showing available on their site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Powder valley has some CCI LRBR .... I just called Powder Valley & they said that they do not have any; however, to call next Wed. because they are expecting a shipment of Wolf primers.</div></div>

I have ordered from Powder Valley in the past. I picked up some Lapua brass from them. Everything went as planned, I would consider them GTG, and would order again. In fact I am going to pick up some primers now(if they are still available).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhedg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got 2 bricks from PV, hope they are gtg </div></div>

Powder Valley is def. GTG. I've ordered more than plenty from them over many years. And even though prices are up everywhere, they will always be on the low end of the price spectrum.

I orderd some BR2's late last night and got my UPS tracking # today. Lucked out this time, I was down to my last 300. I was getting ready to jack one of the primer scalpers on GB.

i just opened my last 1k box of br2 primers. i just placed an order for 5k more at powder valley. i guess i'll find out tomorrow if they still had some in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Powder valley has some CCI LRBR .... I just called Powder Valley & they said that they do not have any; however, to call next Wed. because they are expecting a shipment of Wolf primers. </div></div>

They still show them as in stock on their site. I guess we'll see.

I live a few miles from powder valley and know them well, they have added personal in the past few months to try and keep up with the overwhelming demand for reloading products. They have added on to their building also. Like so many other distributors as soon as a shipment hits the door it is packed up and shipped out, we are talking semi loads of reloading products. They are a stand up business that will do the right thing.

I've started to see more powder and primers in the local sporting goods stores lately. Hopefully it's a sign that this drought is coming to an end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok.....who is 3rd gen ss? </div></div>

Third Generation Shooting Supply....a.k.a. Gene Sear's.

Did you happen to ask them if the BR2 was in stock yesterday? Their site showed them in stock yesterday, then out of stock this morning. I put in a internet order for some wednesday night and got a invoice from them yesterday showing stamped paid. I have read they dont charge you until your items are packed up so hopefully that is a good sign.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dcp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you happen to ask them if the BR2 was in stock yesterday? Their site showed them in stock yesterday, then out of stock this morning. I put in a internet order for some wednesday night and got a invoice from them yesterday showing stamped paid. I have read they dont charge you until your items are packed up so hopefully that is a good sign. </div></div>

It's been my experience with Powder Valley that when they send an invoice your items are soon to be shipped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HawkeyeEngineer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've started to see more powder and primers in the local sporting goods stores lately. Hopefully it's a sign that this drought is coming to an end.</div></div>

I think all of the hoarders have gotten all they need, Im just hoping 22lr starts to fill shelves again and hopefully drops back to $15 for bulk pack stuff.

Cabela's is not coming through for me.

Ordered WLRs on April 10. No update since the last "should be coming in June 30" e-mail.

Ordered Fed 210s April 20 or so. No update since the last "should be in June 29" e-mail.

Ordered some WSPs just because I decided that I should get them now before running out next YEAR. E-mail update has them arriving at Cabela's July 31.

So, I called today about the LR primers. Shipments coming in July 19 and 24, but they can't say whether MY order will be filled.

I just might order more so I can have a chance of getting them before the next Congressional elections...grrr...

I ordered 2k LATE last night and got tracking info today.

Score.

Thanks for the link to Third-Gen Shooters.

Nosed around, got all my registration info in, including payment method, have three items in a cart and can't see where I can check out.

No confirming or "complete your sign-up" e-mail from them after I sent them a message on their website....

WHAT am I missing here? Can't see a check-out or place order or anything else that looks like completing the transaction.

I called Midsouth today to get on their backorder list for CCI 400's and they told me that there were already over 3,000 customers ahead of me! WTF, over!

got my invoice today for mine I ordered, looks like I will have 2k comin my way

i got my invoice for the 5k br2's today also. my card hasn't been charged yet nor have i received a shipping confirmation so we'll see what happens come monday.

Months ago, I too got the shipping invoice from PV and got concerned when the shipping information they provided was not updated for 4 or 5 days. When I called PV, they explained that shippers are limited as to the quantity of hazardous material they can ship at any one time (i. e. load on the truck) and that it may take several days for an order to actually get picked up if there is a large backlog. They confirmed my order had been shipped and asked me to wait another day or two. Sure enough, the next day it was in the system and was delivered shortly thereafter.

Powder Valley has kept their prices low throughout the past year and appear to have honored all the back orders at the prices in place when the orders were originally placed. I will certainly go back to them when I next need components.

Brother Grump,

I called them and placed my order over the phone. I got the impression that I was being a pain in the ass (don't ask how often I get that felling!), but they took it and were nice about the deviation from SOP.

I'm not crazy about internet orders, just a low tech/no tech kinda guy I guess. But there were no problems with my order. They seem like good folks.

I think the inventory will be established again soon with all of the vendors. I have been getting in stock emails from Midway a lot. I hope the panic wave is over and things will return to normal soon. I have be able to stock up on power and primers the last month at normal prices, and I hope the gunbroker guys choke on their $70/K primers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have be able to stock up on power and primers the last month at normal prices, and I hope the gunbroker guys choke on their $70/K primers. </div></div>

Couldn't agree more. I was able to keep loading by staying in contact with several sources and picking up a little here and a little there. But I didn't give those gunbroker sellers a dime. And businesses like Powder Valley Inc. have earned a customer for life by me. They have never taken undue advantage.

just got the tracking number through e-mail, I guess I am getting some primers. As for as the BR's go how do the compare the 210m, I have never used anything but 210m

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhedg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got the tracking number through e-mail, I guess I am getting some primers. As for as the BR's go how do the compare the 210m, I have never used anything but 210m </div></div>

I found the BRs to be equally as good as the 210ms but significantly more expensive.

You can add me too the tracking number list as well. First time in my life i have purchased a BR primer and I got the chance to buy winchester large rifle two days later. Now I have 5000 of each. I guess it will be interesting to see if these BR primers give me any more accuracy or a smaller SD. Jeff

I ordered at like 11pm pacific and i got the invoice but it looks like my card still hasnt been charged and no tracking info yet either, i might have been just an hour or so late. Oh well, I think they open up the ordering like that and then take a bunch of orders and if they run out they just fill the backorders as they get more in, but wont relist saying ther are actually getting them in. Its like they want to get a bunch of names and then they just sit back and fill those orders. Thats fine hopefully mine come through in the next few weeks.

CJG

Powder Valley is GTG. It's just how your luck is when you call. They are out of Varget & GMM large rifle primers...yesterday, PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered at like 11pm pacific and i got the invoice but it looks like my card still hasnt been charged and no tracking info yet either, i might have been just an hour or so late. Oh well, <span style="font-weight: bold">I think they open up the ordering like that and then take a bunch of orders and if they run out they just fill the backorders as they get more in, but wont relist saying ther are actually getting them in. Its like they want to get a bunch of names and then they just sit back and fill those orders.</span> Thats fine hopefully mine come through in the next few weeks.

CJG</div></div>

That's SOP for them. Works for me since nowhere else that I'm aware of will take backorders on components.

P.S. I ijust received my tracking # on a bacordered item that was placed on 7/10.

Yo Wideners apparently has Wolf Primers in stock:
QQQLR KVB-7 LARGE RIFLE PRIMERS $29.50/1000 OR $137.00 / 5000

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7276&dir=278|284|737

Got mine today !!!! yipee !!! brown truck came

any of you MN people need BR2s
smile.gif

Except in these times, 37.00 per 1k is pretty tough to beat. I have to hand it to Powder Valley Inc., they have held the line on pricing. Others are charging a more for 210s and a LOT more for 210Ms. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FootSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Except in these times, 37.00 per 1k is pretty tough to beat. I have to hand it to Powder Valley Inc., they have held the line on pricing. Others are charging a more for 210s and a LOT more for 210Ms. Good luck. </div></div>

I'm definitely seeing more frequent posts pertaining to primer availability. think we may be getting past the shortage.