• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Primers inbound

Lumpy Grits

Minuteman
Jan 25, 2005
The Mojave Desert-Palmdale, CA.
Just rec'd notice from Powder Vly. Inc. that my 5K Br#2's and 5K WLP are in route to my house. Prices are still very fair. These have been on B/O from 2/09.
Maybe things are starting to "turn around"........
Respectfully,
LG

Re: Primers inbound

I've got my tracking info from Wideners for the ones I ordered last week.
I don't know if I'm cut out for that backorder lottery thing.lol.

CHRIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just rec'd notice from Powder Vly. Inc. that my 5K Br#2's and 5K WLP are in route to my house. Prices are still very fair. These have been on B/O from 2/09.
Maybe things are starting to "turn around"........
Respectfully,
LG
</div></div>

no...no they're not

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just rec'd notice from Powder Vly. Inc. that my 5K Br#2's and 5K WLP are in route to my house.
</div></div>

Powder Valley got Federal 215M's in today (gone in minutes?) and Winchester LRM's (still in stock, check website). Maybe the hoarders finally ran out of money.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

no...no they're not </div></div>

Actually the only thing i've had a hard time finding around here lately is small rifle primers, eveything else has been showing up more and more...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

no...no they're not </div></div>

Actually the only thing i've had a hard time finding around here lately is small rifle primers, eveything else has been showing up more and more... </div></div>

20K SR shipped yesterday. More messages popping up about primers in stock. I think the corner has been turned.

My BO from Grafs is on the way; RL22 and Fed 215's
grin.gif

BO was exactly 2 months, so not too bad.

I think people bought everything they need, maybe product is staring to normalize. Although, there are still lots of backorders... We can all hope this will change sometime this year…

Today I got my wolf small rifle magnum primers from wideners 5k that I ordered last week (that was quick)

I was noticeing more and more places starting to catch up. If they can keep it up I expect to see a flood of primers become avaliable on the exchanges and gun shows as speculators try to cash out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think people bought everything they need, maybe product is staring to normalize. </div></div>

Or the CC bills are due.

I was discussing this with the girl at WallyWorld who spends her time in Sporting Goods, and she agreed things don't look quite as bleak as they had been looking. She's actually quite knowledgeable and caring of the right things.

Yes, the component situation is getting better. I really feel bad for the people that are trying to sell this stuff and 500% mark up................NOT!!!!!!!! A fool and their money are soon parted.....for some.

There is a shop locally that has had primers and powder through this whole mess but at drastically marked up prices . I don't think I will be shopping with him ever again . I always knew that he was not the lowest price in town but when I saw the prices on primers (after he had offered to buy mine from me for a low price) I just couldn't see my way to spending money with him anymore . I hope people will remember who the good guys were through all this .

Michael N , I am with you. I have a long memory for who was and who wasn't bending people over the rail. Our local shop has been great for what little they get VS the demand for it. They are not selling reloading stuff to people who were not there customers before this whole mess. That takes nerve on the part of a business owner. pisses off some new people but helps to keep old customers loyal. Jeff

I always remember the people that deal with me fairly when times are tough and they will be the people that I will continue to deal with through thick and thin.
Semper Fi

I just hope these people selling them for $60+ end up eating them. Taking supply driven economic advatage is just wrong!

30K Rem 7-1/2s arrived yesterday (split with a friend). We were surprised as we thought we ordered 20K. $23.71 per K; was expecting closer to $30. Combined with what I already had on hand, I'm good thru 2012.

I probably should have bought 30K when I had the chance but I will be fine with what I have .

I just got word from a friend of mine who would know that CCI has shipped all the primers they are going to for this year . The rest of their production is said to be going towards ammunition production of the CCI/Blount corporation .

I'm happy to see a lot of you guys getting your orders filled at reasonable prices. Make sure you remember the people that did treat you fairly, give them your business and tell the guys who were trying to rip you off to kiss your asses.

Gotta love it....what goes around comes around.

My BR-2 primers from Natchez arrived today. That makes back to back orders of Varget and BR-2's that Natchez has delivered in the last 7 days.

Bravo Natchez!