• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRIMERS

Re: PRIMERS

They are my second best choice, after Federal210M. BB

Don't and won't use them. CCI BR-2's are my first choice and Wolf/Tula second. Fed's only if that's all that's available and Winchester if forced to.

For those that like them, they're welcome to my share.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadshot2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't and won't use them. CCI BR-2's are my first choice and Wolf/Tula second. Fed's only if that's all that's available and Winchester if forced to.

For those that like them, they're welcome to my share. </div></div>

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. However, I would like to know why you have such a negative opinion? In my experience, (which is long) I have never had a failure, of any primer. So, what's the huge problem with the Remington primer? Just curious. BB

I think it depends on the cartridge, powder, load, my 308 load is 44.6 RL15 lit off by a Fed 210, my 260 load is 43.7 H4350 lit off by a CCi 200, both have single digit spreads and print 1/2 MOA or less at any distance I shoot, I don't waste my money on match primers unless I have to, plano ones do just fine, in 223 blasting ammo I use whatever is cheapest and because I run reduced power springs in my Glock 35 I use Fed small pistol primers because they are said to be the softest.

Why buy something that when it's available on a local shelf, sells for more money, and doesn't yield the results I'm looking for. I found my performance needs were met with a more readily available product and cost less.

I might pose the same question to all those who trash the "russian primers". I shot over 5,000 of them last year, costing me $15/1,000 and got every bit as good a result as when I last used Remington Primers. If someone's getting good results from them, great. As for where they stack up on my "list", they fit in the "only if nothing else is available" slot.

I'm using a 308 bolt gun with BL-C(2). I have used Fed 210 & 215. Remington primers have popped up at a much cheaper price.

I use fed match and cci br primers now but have used remington without issue so I cant say anything negative about them

remington is a good primer,never had a problem with them.I usually buy what's in stock local and on sale.
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply, deadshot. I agree that primers have become a trifle more expensive since I started. They were about a dollar a hundred and now I'm paying whatever it is $35 or so a thousand. And, selection at the local stores pisses me off. I do not like to buy whatever they happen to have on the shelf. I want what I want but I don't like to pay a hazardous fee, which is bullshit in the first place. I'd like to see UPS or FedEx come up with a single instance of primers blowing up in transit.

While I like to buy American, in theory, since it's not really that much money for the amount of shooting I do, Federal primers versus Russian, I caved in recently and bought some tires for my truck made in China and saved about $250 on a set. So much for loyalty. BB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BuzzBoss915</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I caved in recently and bought some tires for my truck made in China and saved about $250 on a set. So much for loyalty. BB </div></div>

You'd be amazed at how many tires are either "foreign made" or made by companies that are "foreign owned". The largest tire distributor in the Country, TBC in Memphis, is owned by Sumitomo Tire Co of Japan. Tires today are built in China, Korea, Japan, Brasil, Mexico, Europe, and even a few are still built here in the US.

I used to work in the tire industry and the early Chinese tires would come out of the containers with bits of wood and other garbage molded into the tread. So much for how they cleaned the molds and handled the "green tires".

As for the hazmat fee, it's not only BS but it's also here to stay. I just meke sure that I make sure my orders fill up a hazmat package to the max weight. Powder Valley is great for helping round out an order so it does. I can always use more powder and primers so I make sure my "annual" order is absolutely filled to the brim. That way the hazmat fee only amounts to a half a buck or so per "unit". Beats the "proctological exam" I get from the local dealers when I go in for a "pound" or "box".

I guess our needs are different. My last order for bullets alone was for 5,000 .308 bullets, 3500 .223, and 3750 of 9mm. Sure pissed off the Mail Lady as they all came in flat rate USPS boxes. She was parked in my driveway so many times that week that the neighbors might have thought we were having an affair
smile.gif

Several years ago I ran a DOE (design of experiment) on a 223 loading(s) for accurate and for sure the primer was identified as a "significant variable. I was testing 2 a CCI and a FED Benchrest and the benchrest was the one that showed a significant reduction in group size.

Remington would be my 3rd choice. I used to love Federal 210M primers, but a few years back when they weren't available, I tried the CCI BR2's and was really shocked to find that all my loads (308, 260 Rem) shot more accurately with the CCI BR2.

So, I choose:
CCI BR2
Fed 210M
Remington
Winchester LR
Anything I can find if pickings are that slim