• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pristine rifle actions

This thread is already gold... can we make this a sticky?

ETA: I took some time to judge this thing. There are two prices listed, is it $1k or $1,300? This seems like a direct competitor to the Origin but it has 6 lugs, push feed and is designed around savage prefits. Doesn't clarify about shouldered prefits but we don't need another Aero Precision thread now do we?

I basically have one of the opinions listed above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aftermath
This thread is already gold... can we make this a sticky?

ETA: I took some time to judge this thing. There are two prices listed, is it $1k or $1,300? This seems like a direct competitor to the Origin but it has 6 lugs, push feed and is designed around savage prefits. Doesn't clarify about shouldered prefits but we don't need another Aero Precision thread now do we?

I basically have one of the opinions listed above.
Difference in price is likely the difference in the American dollar and the canuckistan peso

• Haha
Reactions: bohem
Is this where half of us don't get excited about them, and then the other half say, "why is it a bad thing there are more options", and other people say, "why would I buy this over xxxx action?", And the second group says what do you have against them? Wait until they come out to judge them, and then Ultimatum stops answering the phones and the Defacto never gets made, and AI never makes a .223 bolt, and then we find out MOD B barrels only get you 300 more rounds, and then we find out Frank died 2 years ago and a redneck conartist from Louisiana has been running Snipers Hide the whole time and has a dog named Theis. And then 308Pirate steps in to tell everyone their stupid because he shoots a CZ in production class USPSA and Steelhead says .260 Master Race....
e102293a06abb0b63f067f1fcb554ebc.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: tydex21
Is this where half of us don't get excited about them, and then the other half say, "why is it a bad thing there are more options", and other people say, "why would I buy this over xxxx action?", And the second group says what do you have against them? Wait until they come out to judge them, and then Ultimatum stops answering the phones and the Defacto never gets made, and AI never makes a .223 bolt, and then we find out MOD B barrels only get you 300 more rounds, and then we find out Frank died 2 years ago and a redneck conartist from Louisiana has been running Snipers Hide the whole time and has a dog named Theis. And then 308Pirate steps in to tell everyone their stupid because he shoots a CZ in production class carry optics division USPSA and Steelhead says .260 Master Race....

Pretty fucking close.......

Has anyone seen these yet?
Interesting design on the bolt, though it may be just to make the product unique.

There is something that seems off with that entire website.

No physical address listed for the company

Weird "blog" posts such as this one: https://shootpristine.com/blogs/news/sample-blog-post "Frank"?

Return policy statements covering completely unrelated things like food, plants, beauty products.......

Their phone number 1-855-784-7468 displays a different number when you place your cursor over it: 1-833-GET-RYDR // 1-833-438-7937

Might be a legit business with an amateurish/DIY website from a template, but I'm not going to try to find out.

Weird "blog" posts such as this one: https://shootpristine.com/blogs/news/sample-blog-post "Frank"?

Return policy statements covering completely unrelated things like food, plants, beauty products.......

Their phone number 1-855-784-7468 displays a different number when you place your cursor over it: 1-833-GET-RYDR // 1-833-438-7937

Might be a legit business with an amateurish/DIY website from a template, but I'm not going to try to find out.
I originally saw them on you tube videos for shot show

Awesome another action that is literally the same as the rest of the clone actions. So Remington, and savage got drunk one night and fucked. This is the result.

Is there actually any innovation left or does everyone just copy each other?

Hi,

@reubenski, that is the 2nd best thing I've ever read on here, sir!

Bolt handle reminds me of a Lee Enfield (gross) & there's no pictures of the bolt on their website (lame). I'm not going to poo poo it, but I'm also not reaching for my wallet.

Sincerely,
J-Ham

Reactions: D_TROS
I'll add it to my bolt action comparison list!

I'm sure it's a nice action!

After reviewing the features and inputting into the above spreadsheet, though, sadly I don't see why this is anything special at $1299.

No claims of prefit compatibility on a new action design is bothersome. At this point - it's 2022 y'all - prefit timing should be a given.

The recoil lug is pinned, not integral (for the price, it should be). The rail is pinned, not integral (which can be a good thing as it gives you options).

It's nice to have interchangeable bolt heads... if they're readily available for purchase. They don't seem to have a SA magnum available... yet.

It has 6 lugs but a 90* throw. The Badger has 6 lugs and a 60* throw. No cock on close is nice and apparently it has a light bolt operation.

There's no black/nitride coating option... just silver with some kind of "isotropic" coating. I dunno... what makes this $1299???

Last edited:

That is odd...

The next innovation in actions is when a manufacturer machines in a "shelf" so to speak that has threaded holes where their logo usually is etched. This will allow mounting of levels or data cards or whatever directly to the action instead of on limited space pic rails. Nobody has done this... there's got to be a reason why other than machining cost. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what that reason is but... it could create an accessory ecosystem the manufacturer could patent and own and make money from.

They lost me at aluminum bolt shroud...my ARC actions have nothing to fear from this...

Reactions: 458win
They lost me at aluminum bolt shroud...my ARC actions have nothing to fear from this...
I'm an origin fan boy but realistically ARC and Terminus are the only ones doing any huge innovation these days. The origin was a game changer along with the Nuc but lately there hasn't been much forward movement in the action department. Have we peaked?

I'll add it to my bolt action comparison list!

I'm sure it's a nice action!

After reviewing the features and inputting into the above spreadsheet, though, sadly I don't see why this is anything special at $1299.

No claims of prefit compatibility on a new action design is bothersome. At this point - it's 2022 y'all - prefit timing should be a given.

The recoil lug is pinned, not integral (for the price, it should be). The rail is pinned, not integral (which can be a good thing as it gives you options).

It's nice to have interchangeable bolt heads... if they're readily available for purchase. They don't seem to have a SA magnum available... yet.

It has 6 lugs but a 90* throw. The Badger has 6 lugs and a 60* throw. No cock on close is nice and apparently it has a light bolt operation.

There's no black/nitride coating option... just silver with some kind of "isotropic" coating. I dunno... what makes this $1299???
Again, I believe the 1299 is in canukistan dollars, when I checked, it came up as 1015, which is about what the difference would be. Not positive though.

Again, I believe the 1299 is in canukistan dollars. Not positive though.

Okay, so if we translate that to the inflation prone American dollar... that's $1020 as of today.

So I suppose that makes the price more appropriate for what you get but, nevertheless, claims about "smooth operating bolts" can be made about a Bergara or a Tikka that costs that much for the entire rifle. And it doesn't claim shoulder prefit capability (it may be, but we don't know yet and if I made an action that was I'd be putting that in big bold letters including the measurements so companies can spin them up). The Remage nut should have been only a holdover until prefit timing was figured out and locked in. It is. Everyone should be doing it. :)

Reactions: Thesepaperwings
I tried calling the number on the web site - it just rang and rang, no message or anything.

I’ll call you back right away here. Little early on the west coast
I think this is the problem my friend. I clicked the link on your web page on my phone and it goes to this number, which is NOT the same as the text number on the site.

1-833 GET-RYDR // 1-833-438-7937

Good day guys.

Thanks for your interest in our action. Hopefully I can answer a few questions on it.

First, yes, we are new, and are still working on getting our website and phone systems dialed in. My apologies for the clunky website and the lack of a voicemail system.

The big question about shouldered prefits - yes, we are working towards it. Initially we went with a Savage nut style as it’s slightly more accessible to buy those barrels, and they are simple to install at home. I hear your pointers on the shouldered prefits, and we’re in discussions with major barrel makers to offer a standard barrel for our action. We have a little engineering work to do before we come out with our standardized drawings, but it will happen.

Any more questions, please feel free to ask! I’ll do my best to answer them!

Interesting
6 lug and 90 degrees.

Good day guys.

Thanks for your interest in our action. Hopefully I can answer a few questions on it.

First, yes, we are new, and are still working on getting our website and phone systems dialed in. My apologies for the clunky website and the lack of a voicemail system.

The big question about shouldered prefits - yes, we are working towards it. Initially we went with a Savage nut style as it’s slightly more accessible to buy those barrels, and they are simple to install at home. I hear your pointers on the shouldered prefits, and we’re in discussions with major barrel makers to offer a standard barrel for our action. We have a little engineering work to do before we come out with our standardized drawings, but it will happen.

I personally like the savage tenon threads option as you can get very affordable barrels fast or cut a shouldered barrel for it.
You’d go a long way here making sure your actions hold consistent headspace tolerance so with a tenon print any shop can cut barrels for shouldered prefits.

Last edited:
I'm an origin fan boy but realistically ARC and Terminus are the only ones doing any huge innovation these days. The origin was a game changer along with the Nuc but lately there hasn't been much forward movement in the action department. Have we peaked?
I too am an origin fan boy but also have Zeus (I will have two Zeus's if I ever do get a bolt for the new one........). That said, I agree, the last innovation was done by Joel. I'd love an action that was like terminus but as smooth as my origin with no cock on close..... this doesn't seem like it though. After 3 lugs, I don't see the benefit of more???? 3 lugs divides the force evenly around the circumstance of the bolt and eliminates any wobble and/or allows for a flatter seat against the case, but I don't see much if any benefit from going beyond that with 6 smaller lugs vs 3 larger ones. It comes down to precision machining and designed tolerance at that point.

There isn't anything else unique about this action as far as I can see??? I wish they all had rails that could be replaced though. Being able to order and install a 30moa rail for my TL3 was really great.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I could see it doing pretty well in Canada since the ban on gassers theres a lot of coin going into the PRS style bolt guns.
On the USA market which is already quite saturated it’ll be harder to compete with the Nuke, Origins, but then again ... everyone is buying right now so .... Remember that most gun stuff in Canada are more expensive than just the currency difference, there’s big markups on some products so a locally made action could do okay.

Anyhow I wish them the best.

I could see it doing pretty well in Canada since the ban on gassers theres a lot of coin going into the PRS style bolt guns.
On the USA market which is already quite saturated it’ll be harder to compete with the Nuke, Origins, but then again ... everyone is buying right now so .... Remember that most gun stuff in Canada are more expensive than just the currency difference, there’s big markups on some products so a locally made action could do okay.

Anyhow I wish them the best.

The bolt action market seems like a very hard market to break into these days. You have to come with some pretty compelling reasons and features for someone to consider a new action these days.

You’d go a long way here making sure your actions hold consistent headspace tolerance dimension so with a tenon print any shop can cut barrels for shouldered prefits.
The misunderstanding and misuse of the word "tolerance" in gun forums is like dragging fingernails across the chalkboard.

You can hold an extremely tight tolerance and still be wrong if the nominal dimension is incorrect.

You can hold a dimension that has a wide tolerance to a very small variation from the mean across a large sample to size and have a stellar product.

Even worse are those who think two well fitted parts are "tight tolerance".

The misunderstanding and misuse of the word "tolerance" in gun forums is like dragging fingernails across the chalkboard.

You can hold an extremely tight tolerance and still be wrong if the nominal dimension is incorrect.

You can hold a dimension that has a wide tolerance to a very small variation from the mean across a large sample to size and have a stellar product.

Even worse are those who think two well fitted parts are "tight tolerance".

Isn’t + or - .002 on a .825 dimension a tolerance?

Good day guys.

Will you have any dealers in Canada? Somewhere you might be able to see one or feel one? Specifically Ontario?

Will you have any dealers in Canada? Somewhere you might be able to see one or feel one? Specifically Ontario?
Hey Matt, I sent a couple actions out to Casey at Tactical Ordnance as he plans on stocking them, also I'm sending some out to Peter from Hirsch Precision out on the east coast as he will be stocking them as well. Otherwise feel free to reach out to me directly and ill get an action headed your way.

Interesting
6 lug and 90 degrees.

I personally like the savage tenon threads option as you can get very affordable barrels fast or cut a shouldered barrel for it.
You’d go a long way here making sure your actions hold consistent headspace tolerance so with a tenon print any shop can cut barrels for shouldered prefits.
We are aiming to get set up for shouldered prefits ASAP. There's a bit of a tolerance stack up in our design which makes consistency a little harder however we have a plan to overcome that. Look forward to seeing that option available!

Reactions: Steel head
I too am an origin fan boy but also have Zeus (I will have two Zeus's if I ever do get a bolt for the new one........). That said, I agree, the last innovation was done by Joel. I'd love an action that was like terminus but as smooth as my origin with no cock on close..... this doesn't seem like it though. After 3 lugs, I don't see the benefit of more???? 3 lugs divides the force evenly around the circumstance of the bolt and eliminates any wobble and/or allows for a flatter seat against the case, but I don't see much if any benefit from going beyond that with 6 smaller lugs vs 3 larger ones. It comes down to precision machining and designed tolerance at that point.

There isn't anything else unique about this action as far as I can see??? I wish they all had rails that could be replaced though. Being able to order and install a 30moa rail for my TL3 was really great.
Hello.
We designed the action as a 2-lug 90 degree action vs 3 lug 60 because of how stiff 3 lugs tend to feel. You get 50% more lift to compress the firing pin spring the same amount resulting in a much smoother cycle, which we believe helps for reengaging targets at distance by eliminating most of the wiggle and shake you get from cycling. (That's also the reason we implemented a roller between the cocking mechanism and ramp to eliminate the metal on metal friction)
Since we went 2 lug, and we don't have a fat head design (some of the fat bolt head designs seem to have feeding issues or fitment issues with Remington stocks etc.) we decided to add the row of lugs for better lockup and bearing surface from head to receiver.

The point you missed is that the tolerance is completely irrelevant if the basic dimension is chosen incorrectly.
The action maker can make the dimension whatever they want, they choose the dimension they want then provide a tolerance that dimension and tolerance.

If they’re slick they even clock the start of the thread and provide that as well.

The action maker can make the dimension whatever they want, they choose the dimension they want then provide a tolerance that dimension and tolerance.

If they’re slick they even clock the start of the thread and provide that as well.
The thread should be timed to accommodate prefits as a default. It can be done. Do it.

Gotta do it all. Time the threads so barrel makers can etch their logo and it lands in the intended orientation every time.

Impact 737 is like this.

Then the barrel maker has all they need to even provide a barrel that headspaces once torqued on, their logo and the barrel info shows where the maker intends, and one could even have an integral muzzle brake pre-timed.

Gotta do it all. Time the threads so barrel makers can etch their logo and it lands in the intended orientation every time.

Impact 737 is like this.

Then the barrel maker has all they need to even provide a barrel that headspaces once torqued on, their logo and the barrel info shows where the maker intends, and one could even have an integral muzzle brake pre-timed.
Duly Noted.

Kauger PRS action.
Gunsmith never had the action in hand.

20220217_110542.jpg

I never asked, but I'm pretty sure these threads are timed.

It's worth doing vs marking the caliber around the circumference of the barrel.

Hello.
We designed the action as a 2-lug 90 degree action vs 3 lug 60 because of how stiff 3 lugs tend to feel. You get 50% more lift to compress the firing pin spring the same amount resulting in a much smoother cycle, which we believe helps for reengaging targets at distance by eliminating most of the wiggle and shake you get from cycling. (That's also the reason we implemented a roller between the cocking mechanism and ramp to eliminate the metal on metal friction)
Since we went 2 lug, and we don't have a fat head design (some of the fat bolt head designs seem to have feeding issues or fitment issues with Remington stocks etc.) we decided to add the row of lugs for better lockup and bearing surface from head to receiver.
That's cool that you actually responded. We like vendor interaction on here a lot, so thank you for that. I do like the 90 degree better and the 3 lug does tend to feel more stiff. I won't argue with that, but why would adding more lugs help that, assuming they all have tolerance to engage at the same percentage of interface with the receiver?

Again, I love it when vendors will actually engage here and so do most others, so you get good bonus points for that, and for dealing with the inevitable jerks who tend to make vendors not engage....

Reactions: HousePlant
Is this where half of us don't get excited about them, and then the other half say, "why is it a bad thing there are more options", and other people say, "why would I buy this over xxxx action?", And the second group says what do you have against them? Wait until they come out to judge them, and then Ultimatum stops answering the phones and the Defacto never gets made, and AI never makes a .223 bolt, and then we find out MOD B barrels only get you 300 more rounds, and then we find out Frank died 2 years ago and a redneck conartist from Louisiana has been running Snipers Hide the whole time and has a dog named Theis. And then 308Pirate steps in to tell everyone their stupid because he shoots a CZ in production class USPSA and Steelhead says .260 Master Race....
Can we discuss communism seriously here, guys. Guys?

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
Duly Noted.

I mean... if you want to truly differentiate and make a name. Otherwise... you'll have to compete on price and that's tough with this inflation.

And thanks for being involved. That'll go a long way, too! It's just.. man... prefits. Gotta have prefit capability. I really don't think anyone wants to deal with a X month wait to have their barrel chambered for their specific action that is unique and has special needs anymore.

And if you can get a custom OEM to use your action (perhaps rebranded, but make it known) then that'll get you cash flow! (Think Mac Bros/Horizon).