• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors problems silencerco specwar 556 on Tavor SAR

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
i get a ton of gas blasting me in my face every time i shoot with this combo, has anyone else experienced this and any thoughts on a fix? thanks in advance

i probably should have mentioned i put on of those on already, although it may have been a different brand that had an extra qd sling mount hole. which i never use.

i read the reviews on midway, they were not that positive, i wonder why for some folks it works good and others it doesn't

There are a few variables when dealing with tavor gas face. The biggest is probably the type of suppressor you're running and the next is the ammo you are feeding it. I know with mine (I run a socom 556 mini and standard and a 762rc) the IWI ammo that I used to buy in bulk was way dirtier than anything else I've fed it. I never noticed it until I put a can on it then the whole gun got nasty. Also you can try and seal it with silicon if you want, I didn't but I've heard of those that have.

There are a few variables when dealing with tavor gas face. The biggest is probably the type of suppressor you're running and the next is the ammo you are feeding it. I know with mine (I run a socom 556 mini and standard and a 762rc) the IWI ammo that I used to buy in bulk was way dirtier than anything else I've fed it. I never noticed it until I put a can on it then the whole gun got nasty. Also you can try and seal it with silicon if you want, I didn't but I've heard of those that have.
Water gas in the face with all of the Surefire suppressors or was one better than the others?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i usually run wolf (brass/fmj) for general plinking and then i use a couple of high dollar 77gr match ammo brands, norma and something else. they all do the same thing. as stated i use a specwar556,

i went into a dark room and shined a surefire light into the open ejection port and then looked at the gearhead works port cover on the non-ejecting side, i could see tons of light coming thru, on almost every side of the cover so it is obvious that the gearhead works ejection port cover doesn't seal very well.

well, what a pain after spending 40 or 50 bucks on that gearhead works port cover. it totally did not seal. i took it off and put silicon around it. also put silicon around first half of rail, then put gorilla tape on the other half. also switched to using my 30 cal harvester suppressor. anyway, works really good now. i could have saved myself 50 bucks and used the stock ejection port cover though.

Right on, glad it's working for you. Kinda sucks on the wasted money though...

Is there a way to better seal the gearworks with an epoxy or silicone gently shaped, colored, etc. I use a specwar 762 ajd its not bad, the smaller the can the more gas that comes back is my understanding
seth