• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Problems with Alpha MAgs in Seekins DBM

mkollman74

Quo Vadis?
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 5, 2009
    WA, USA
    Hey All -

I ordered up three type 2 mags from alpha to go with the Seekins DBM I just had installed. All three seem to swell just enough when loaded with ten rounds to not want to seat properly. Eight rounds, no issues - but ten and we have a problem. Is this a known issue with this combo? I know that both companies are respected for producing quality components, but perhaps they don't work so well together??

Re: Problems with Alpha MAgs in Seekins DBM

mine are very tight but will eventually seat. have you tried with the bolt open just to see if they are meeting resistance from that?

I don't have seekins dbm but I have surgeon dbm that I can't get my alpha type 2 mags to lock up in. Anyone else have this problem with either brand? I have the ptg dbm as well and the alpha type 2 mag works perfect with it.

I have a cdi bm and the alpha mags dont seat well at all with the bolt closed. the AI mags do though, like a glove with AI mags.

It is a bit better with the bolt open. With one of the mags, even getting it started in the mag well is an issue when loaded with all 10. Hmmmmmm..... I'll be wringing these out at the range tomorrow. Hopefully this will somehow improve, or the mags may need to go back.

I noticed that the Alpha 2 that I had definitely flexed (swelled) more than the AICS when fully loaded. I was able to seat it in CDI DBM, but it presented more resistance.

John

I have CDI bm and Alpha type 1 magazines and experienced the same problem when loading all ten rounds. Mag swells a bit and not as smooth to load with 8 rounds. What made it a little better for me was loading 1 mag and then dropping it out and loading the next one for about 15 minutes. Mags seemed to load a little easier after that. Tomorrow we'll see how they do at the range. I'll put up some pics of the results and give my opinion on the mags after some good use.

So I spent a solid day at the range with all three of my mags. None would work with all 10 rounds. I am a bit disappointed, as I really wanted to run these. I am thinking I wiil return mine.

I know that others have enjoyed great success with Alpha, but they don't seem to want to run for me.