• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Professor From Gilligan's Island Dies At 89

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007
Russell Johnson, better known for his role as The Professor on Gilligan's Island, has passed away at the age of 89.

What few know about him is that he was a Purple Heart having been shot down over the Philippines and worked in Hollywood extensively with Audie Murphy.

Quiet resolve and toughness was his apparent forte.

I contacted him three weeks ago in regards to sending him a photograph to autograph, and he responded quickly, giving no indication that he was on his death bed in hospice.

A classy guy to the end...

Godspeed Professor, we need more people like you...

Gilligan's Island and Gomer Pyle were afternoon staples for me as a child. RIP, Mr. Johnson.

Me too. It's ashame programs like that are not on for kids anymore. Their all shit in my opinion, kids can't learn anything but bad with what they watch now!

I'm not sure but I think I read he flew a bunch of b-29 missions in the Pacific. I didn't know that and it put a whole new spin on the Professor for me. RIP. But still, if you can make a radio out of a coconut why couldn't you fix the boat?

I'm just upset that we never got the chance to ask him the ultimate question: Ginger, or Mary Ann?

In further news, the guy who played the band manager "Ruben Kincaid" on "The Partridge Family" died, too.

I'm just upset that we never got the chance to ask him the ultimate question: Ginger, or Mary Ann?

In further news, the guy who played the band manager "Ruben Kincaid" on "The Partridge Family" died, too.

Re: Ginger or Mary Ann: Why does it have to be 'either/or'? I prefer 'both'.

Re: Ginger or Mary Ann: Why does it have to be 'either/or'? I prefer 'both'.

I'm assuming that it's strictly an either/or proposition, but you'd probably let Mrs. Howell jump in there, too!

I'm assuming that it's strictly an either/or proposition, but you'd probably let Mrs. Howell jump in there, too!

Nah, shes married. Im not into adultery.

He was a crew member in WWII
He also played every bad guy in every TV western in the 50's and early 60's, and after Gill Isl. he was type cast as Nice Guy and could no longer get bad-guy parts.