• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pronunciations or Pronounciations - A Shooters Dictionary

Lapua Scenar = "Lah-pwa Sken-ar".

Sometimes if you really want to know, you can just call the company and hear them pronounce it. I've don't that at least twice.

I'm still not articulate enough to get "Veet-vouri" close enough, and I've heard them say it at least a dozen times.

I remember watching a dude with a Midwest-based YouTube rifle channel showing off his latest build and load development:
"La-pooah brass, vit-a-voori powder, la-pooah see-nar bullets, lee-you-pold scope, Tim-iney trigger etc..." it was painful. Didn't help that he looked like Captain Caveman either.

"Ambidex-tree-ous" safety. That gets me on 1911 videos.

Rifle maker Howa... I'm guessing the correct pronunciation is HOE-ah, but I hear people say HOW-ah too.

As far as the common mispronunciation of Leupold goes, I blame Looney Tunes -

Remember when TV was wholesome and fun?

Reactions: lash
Rifle maker Howa... I'm guessing the correct pronunciation is HOE-ah, but I hear people say HOW-ah too.

As far as the common mispronunciation of Leupold goes, I blame Looney Tunes -

That is EXACTLY the reason I've always said it that way (even though it is spelled slightly different): Bugs' caracature of the famous conductor of the score for Disney's Fantasia, which is funny on a whole different level when you consider Bugs is Warner Bros, Disney's competition at the time. Leopold Stokowski did not use a baton to conduct, so first thing Bugs does is take the baton, snap it in half, and toss it.

Reactions: Maggot and rhsc
Remember when TV was wholesome and fun?
While I agree completely with your assessment, unfortunately today all of THAT is considered to be "racist, violent, white-supremacist," etc, by the ones controlling the narrative. Meanwhile they promote drag shows and Antifa protests as wholesome and peaceful. And "fun" isn't even allowed anymore.

That is EXACTLY the reason I've always said it that way (even though it is spelled slightly different): Bugs' caracature of the famous conductor of the score for Disney's Fantasia, which is funny on a whole different level when you consider Bugs is Warner Bros, Disney's competition at the time. Leopold Stokowski did not use a baton to conduct, so first thing Bugs does is take the baton, snap it in half, and toss it.
And Stoki was a big fan of ....young boys.

One thing I've been noticing lately is people overusing the word "itself" when reviewing firearms, or parts of a firearm. Seems like a redundant word to me. Maybe they think it makes them sound smarter? Count how many times this dude uses it when reviewing the new Aero Solus.

One thing I've been noticing lately is people overusing the word "itself" when reviewing firearms, or parts of a firearm. Seems like a redundant word to me. Maybe they think it makes them sound smarter? Count how many times this dude uses it when reviewing the new Aero Solus.

TLDW

Nice looking rifle though.

if your from the south.

Hell>hail

Ford>Phod

Car-biiine or Car-beeen?
A big harvesting machine is a "com/beye n".
A rifle with a shorter than standard barrel is a "carbean"
Such is the American language.
OK.
Now do Garand.
:p
The designer of the M1 Rifle had the last name '
"GERR and" with the accent on the first syllable.
His semi-eponymous rifle however, is pronounced "GUH RAND" with the accents being equal
Do not fight this one, just go with the common pronunciation for the rifle. If you call it a "GERR and", people will think you are weird or possibly a foreigner.
Dave knows

Last edited:
My buddy says;
Carbelas and rectical !!!!
I keep correcting him but it doesn't matter he's Vietnam vet and ex-post office.

Also, a case containing powder, primer, and bullet is pronounced 'cartridge'.
Not caliber.

A big harvesting machine is a "com/beye n".
A rifle with a shorter than standard barrel is a "carbean"
Such is the American language.

The designer of the M1 Rifle had the last name '
"GERR and" with the accent on the first syllable.
His semi-eponymous rifle however, is pronounced "GUH RAND" with the accents being equal
Do not fight this one, just go with the common pronunciation for the rifle. If you call it a "GERR and", people will think you are weird or possibly a foreigner.
"Hoppies"... not "Hopps", what the heck? My entire life has been a lie! How can I believe anything ever again?

Ain't no slimey limey summabitches in these parts.
Get the shit out yo mouth and speak like men.

Tomato and potato
It's a trunk, boots are what you put on your feet.
Got it ?
Good.

• Haha