• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events PRS at the Clinton House

I haven't shot a PRS match in a while....but...I'll be in the area and I'm signed up for the match. PRS isn't my style of shooting....so it will be a drastic change from 1 mile benchrest or laying in the dirt for ELR....but hey...I'll be there to have fun and eat some food. If you see the Red ZCO....stop by and say Hi!

If it wasn’t over 3 hours away, I’d probably show up.

It's 2.5hrs for me. Cool Acers is 3.5hrs and Alabama is 4hrs. If you are going to shoot PRS get ready to travel!
That is the secondary reason I have never got into prs.

I might jump in. It's a trek but the facility is really nice and Tommy is a good ole boy/ Marine. Guaranteed to be a good match.

Reactions: snprtom8541
I’m keeping an eye on this for future matches. Wish I saw it earlier. I have shot a bunch of matches in Florida, Blakely, and Guardian all over but Clinton is right by my farm. Would be awesome to be able to shoot a match and sleep in my own bed.

Reactions: Rog2069
Man I love PRS. I love inclement weather.

But that match sounds ROUGH. I live right down the road and it was pouring ALL day with gusts over 20mph. I’d love to know how many impacts as a % of shots fired the winner had.

Were the targets brought in closer as a result of the weather?

I made it and survived it! lol We started with 10 in our squad and ended with 4. It was a long, cold day!!
😝…..don’t think I was on your sqd, but yea, I shot three stages and wussed out. Prob THE most miserable match I have ever been to.
How many got stuck on the way out? I popped smoke around 11 and the field where we parked was a total swamp.

• Haha
Reactions: mxjoe35
And yes…..let me clarify that last post…..miserable in the sense of weather. From the sounds of the brief prior to beginning, I think they are on track to have some good matches there. The match director did his damnest to put together a good event. The staff at Clinton House seemed very supportive of future events. Perhaps we can do it agin later in the year.

Man I love PRS. I love inclement weather.

But that match sounds ROUGH. I live right down the road and it was pouring ALL day with gusts over 20mph. I’d love to know how many impacts as a % of shots fired the winner had.

Were the targets brought in closer as a result of the weather?
The winner dropped 6 all day. No the targets were not brought in closer

I enjoyed the course of fire. I liked that we were shooting at an unusual angle, the variety of stages, and the mover. We ended the day with 5 in our squad. Those that finished the match were feeling the pain. It was nice to test gear in the rain. You knew who had good rain gear and the brands that belt up. I liked that Tommy designed the match to be shot with one bag. I waterproofed my support bags, but you couldn’t tell after the first hour. I will keep my OG GC with polymer fill in the truck for rainy days. That was the better bag style for the day. The sand-filled bags bricked up once wet. It was wet and miserable, and I laughed every time I saw a competitor drag up. There were a few times when I couldn’t feel my fingers, I knew others must be experiencing the same, but i did not see one ND in our squad, nor did I see firearms failures. The ride home sure felt like a victory!

Last edited:
My Gas Gun didn't much like water pouring into the chamber! lol It ran all day, but I did have two no fires. Primer was hit well, but they just didn't go!? My biggest problem was my dope was all over the place. I ended up adding .3 to my elevation because everything was going low.

Appreciate all the kind words. Yea the weather sucked that day! And a few too many target failures...Clinton House is an awesome facility with an amazing staff and they really solve whatever issues and problems that come up. We are fortunate to have such a great place open to us to use for our passion.
2024 Season is posted on the PRS website...And hopefully can get a 2 day event on the schedule for 2025.
Thank you for all the support!

Reactions: R_A_W and mxjoe35