• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Build

6.5 is damn near impossible to find in store or online right now. Ask me how I know 😭

That’s all ammo and no caliber specific.

I meant not just availability but larger choice in companies and hunting and match ammo. The 6.5 had a good head start and many more factory rifles chambered in it so the ammo choices are larger.

Reactions: Daleteam6
That’s all ammo and no caliber specific.

I meant not just availability but larger choice in companies and hunting and match ammo. The 6.5 had a good head start and many more factory rifles chambered in it so the ammo choices are larger.

I was mostly joking because of my recent struggle to find ammo. There are a ton more options with 6.5 though, and it’ll be great ones the supply gets back up with the demand. 6.mm is still sort of a niche round imo, I know a lot of dudes use it but I feel like a large majority reload where as 6.5 has amazing factory options

Not quite. I’m running 6.5 Creedmoor kinda fast. Pushing a 140 RDF at 2900 FPS, which at 1000yards gives me ~1760 FPS and ~965 ftlbs of energy.
Compare this to a 6 dasher pushing a 109 hybrid at 2950 FPS. You’d have 1660 FPS at 1000yds, and 670 ftlbs of energy.
6.5 Creedmoor is easier to spot impacts due to more energy on target at virtually every range. Of course this is completely velocity and bullet weight dependent. But this is how it typically pans out.
Yet the dasher wins match after match after match and the 6.5 creedmoor rarely ever does. That impact energy must be such a big advantage

Yet the dasher wins match after match after match and the 6.5 creedmoor rarely ever does. That impact energy must be such a big advantage
Wow... You must have done super well at reading comprehension in school...

I never said it was better for PRS comps. I was explaining why one is easier to spot impacts than the other.

Wow... You must have done super well at reading comprehension in school...

I never said it was better for PRS comps. I was explaining why one is easier to spot impacts than the other.
What ever floats your boat. If you like explaining random things that have nothing to do with the topic then have fun with that

What ever floats your boat. If you like explaining random things that have nothing to do with the topic then have fun with that
Says the guy jumping into the end of a dead thread to take jabs at people for no reason. I was responding to a question from the OP, within the first 24hrs of the origination of the thread. I’d call that within the realm of reasonable, but whatever, facts don’t matter when your trolling I guess.

Says the guy jumping into the end of a dead thread to take jabs at people for no reason. I was responding to a question from the OP, within the first 24hrs of the origination of the thread. I’d call that within the realm of reasonable, but whatever, facts don’t matter when your trolling I guess.
Unless the op isn't still around it's never too late to steer them clear of useless information