• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Build

HAJ6.5

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2021
California
Hey guys, here is what I’ve decided on for my PRS Build;
SPECS;
Caliber: 6.5 CM
Action: BAT TR Action
Trigger: Bix n Andy TacSport Pro
Barrel: Benchmark Custom MTU tapppered to 1” at muzzle, 1.75 twist, finished at 27”
Stock: MDT ACC Chassis OD Green
Muzzle Brake: APW 5 Port Raptor
Scope: Nightforce B.E.A.S.T 5x25x56
Scope Rings: MDT One Piece Scope Mount

Reloading Components I currelty have.
Lapua Brass
Vihtavuori N555
Bullets: Lapua 139grn Scenars, Berger 140grn, 144grn and 156grn
Primers: Federal Match Grade

I was originally going to use the 6.5 PRC Caliber for this build, however, talking to guys that are shooting PRS, and reading the forums, it seems like the 6mm virants or the 6.5 CM are the trends. I have been collecting reloading components for the 6.5 CM, so it seemed to be a no brainer.

I’m hoping the rifle will be completed by April 2022, so I can compete in my first PRS Competition.

Let me know what you think of the build.

The build sounds perfect... For you.

That's all that matters. Go forth, and have fun with it. 6.5cm will do fine, once you regularly get top 10 in your local club, find your limiting factor and change it. I bet it won't be the cartridge / cal combo.

Reactions: Clob McStrunk
@HAJ6.5 you might read through this thread before making your finial decision on your build

Everything looks good! But I will add N555 may be a lil slow for 139s in my experience. IMR 4451, H4350 and RL16 are a bit more appropriate. It'll work but speeds may be a bit lower than you want.

Reactions: LR1845
@HAJ6.5 you might read through this thread before making your finial decision on your build

I wouldn’t let this thread change your mind. My buddy has been shooting on a TR for a few years now in all sorts of conditions. They’re as nice as the rest. If it’s what appeals to you run it. Sounds like your component selection has been well thought out and should be a hell of a rig. The B&A triggers are very nice.

Thank you for the info. It was very informational, however, I’ve tested the following actions; Defiance, Stiller, Surgeon and finally the BAT. In my opinion, I felt the BAT was superior than the others, and I dropped the $$$ on it right away. Remember, this is my opinion and I’m not knocking the other actions that I mentioned. They are all great, top of the line, actions. I knew which ever one I picked for my build, would have worked well. The BAT TR just appealed to me. I appreciate the thread though. It’s always good to read others opinions.

Everything looks good! But I will add N555 may be a lil slow for 139s in my experience. IMR 4451, H4350 and RL16 are a bit more appropriate. It'll work but speeds may be a bit lower than you want.
Thanks for the info. I’m hoping to get some H4350 and Reloder 16, however, I can’t find any at the moment.

Ya none of can! Don’t forget about terminus I went with there Zeus action super happy so far. The quick change barrel system works great.
I just picked up a 223 bolt and barrel for practice. Literally takes 5 minutes to do a barrel change no smith or tools needed

The tr is the luxory version of the bat igniter. I've been behind a few of those a bit. You'll love the bat. They're arguably the best made actions out there. They hide pressure very well.

The tr is the luxory version of the bat igniter. I've been behind a few of those a bit. You'll love the bat. They're arguably the best made actions out there. They hide pressure very well.

just curious…how does one action hide pressure better than another?

Everything sounds good except green for your chassis. BOOOOO on the green