• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PRS Gas Gun optic?

Notdylan

Privates
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2017
Beechgrove, Tennessee
Going to start competing with my .223 AR, currently have an ATACR 4-16 F1 with the mil r reticle. Love the scope, hate the reticle. I'm wanting something with a holdover reticle and dial as little as possible. I can send my ATACR to NF and have a horus reticle dropped in for $725 and have about $2500 into the optic or perhaps sell it for a hdmr 2 with a horus and have money in my pocket. Would the Bushnell leave me wanting? What do you recommend?

If you like that scope but would prefer the Mil-C reticle, they should be released pretty soon. We're taking pre-orders at 916.670.1103

22448419_1746186432090529_3982104133119026483_n.jpg

I've been looking at similar scopes for LR gas gun use and I can't help but wonder... Is 16x on the top end really enough to use a busy horus or tremor reticle? or would you be better off with a simpler tree such as a G2 or EBR2?

I run the Burris XTR II in the 4-20 with the Horus H591 reticle on my PRS Gas gun.I added their tube mount and Fastfire III for an offset red dot.

It's been perfect for it.

Compared to the ATACR the Bushy would be a step down. 725$ is a lot for a reticle. I'd almost tell you to look for another 4-16 ATACR with the H59 before telling you to spend 725$

I've been looking at similar scopes for LR gas gun use and I can't help but wonder... Is 16x on the top end really enough to use a busy horus or tremor reticle? or would you be better off with a simpler tree such as a G2 or EBR2?

Why wouldn't it be? I shoot entire matches with an H59 rarely dialing mag above 12x. Much over that and you lose the ability to hold over anything more than 8 MRAD.

Why wouldn't it be? I shoot entire matches with an H59 rarely dialing mag above 12x. Much over that and you lose the ability to hold over anything more than 8 MRAD.

That's what I wanted to hear. Good to know.

Now, how does a horus reticle scale on optics with different max power? Is the size the same on a 16x max scope as it is on a 25x max or are they equal at 16x and it grows from there?

That's what I wanted to hear. Good to know.

Now, how does a horus reticle scale on optics with different max power? Is the size the same on a 16x max scope as it is on a 25x max or are they equal at 16x and it grows from there?

The size is the same on 16x. For mathematical reasons the amount of reticle that you see couldn't be the same on two different magnification levels in a First Focal Plane optic. One mil at 16x is the same as 1 mil at 25x.

Edit; To make sure we are talking about the same thing, the reticle is actually the same size throughout the magnification range, but you can't see as much of the reticle at 25x as you can at 16x.

Last edited:
I think I've been looking at too many pics of the T3 reticle online zoomed out... which makes it look like an indecipherable mess. I got out my Razor and set it at 15x, about 11mils are visible at that magnification so yeah that gives a better idea of what the T3 should look like on the baby ATACR