• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Tripod and Saddle

farrier

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2011
NY
A quick thanks to Danel and Sharon Jenkins at Precision Rifle Solutions. I ordered a med. Slik tripod and SSP-1 saddle early last week, at my door in 3 days! Shot it this past weekend and was very pleased. A great piece of kit.
Thanks, Mike

I'm pleased with my prs as well. Maybe not quite beefy enough for a heavy rifle, but great for spotting IMHO.

PRS makes great stuff. they are also a great sponsor of the sport and many matches. Check out the pack attachment that they make. It is not on their web site. It attaches to any molle and allows you to shoot 360 degrees off a pack with out moving the pack. Works Great. Many applications. Put one on the front of a pack and one on the top flap if the pack has one. it works great as a rest for sitting shots also if your pack is tall enough or shooting in mountainous terrain. Love PRS.

PRS makes great stuff. they are also a great sponsor of the sport and many matches. Check out the pack attachment that they make. It is not on their web site. It attaches to any molle and allows you to shoot 360 degrees off a pack with out moving the pack. Works Great. Many applications. Put one on the front of a pack and one on the top flap if the pack has one. it works great as a rest for sitting shots also if your pack is tall enough or shooting in mountainous terrain. Love PRS.

You are referring to the RAP (Ruck Adaptor Panel). I have had one since spring as well as their scabbard and both work great.

null_zpsb2f46b5d.jpg

My current rifle is a pig at just over 20lb loaded and the PRS handles it quite well.

dc9c031d4304ac1bcc63f8c1077f5c01_zps6b664f62.jpg

The Capn'

I'm glad I found this post, I almost forgot about PRS. Had a long chat with them at the NRA Convention in Houston. Nice folks.

Was looking at the Bog-Pod and Primos Trigger Sticks but am now on the PRS set-up. Anyone comment on their medium vs tall setups? I normally would not have a need for the tall but if I don't have it I definitely can't us it! Tall is about a half pound heavier and 5" longer.

Anyone care to chime in concerning your thoughts on medium or tall?

Thanks,
Ed

You are referring to the RAP (Ruck Adaptor Panel). I have had one since spring as well as their scabbard and both work great.

null_zpsb2f46b5d.jpg

My current rifle is a pig at just over 20lb loaded and the PRS handles it quite well.

dc9c031d4304ac1bcc63f8c1077f5c01_zps6b664f62.jpg

The Capn'

Hmmmm... I may have to rethink my statement about it not holding a rifle. Are you using the prs saddle that came with it and how stable is the rifle through recoil?

capnswervon,, "RAP" it is. That pannel was my idea and PRS made it happen. How do you like shooting off it and its function. I prefer the Medium tripod. Tall is not verry stable fully extended in my experience. Lower is better. Medium is enough height for a kneeling shot or shooting up and steep angles. Brock

Precision Rifle Solutions

Y'all rock. Thank you for your kind words and support. If you do not need a tripod to get you to standing then the "medium" maximizes the tripod system as a compact, lightweight, durable and versatile system to go from prone to kneeling. The "large", even though you may not need a standing tripod will afford you more leg adjustment for uphill and downhill shooting positions. The Large adds less than 6 ounces and less than 5" of length when the tripod is collapsed. A good prone position is often the most stable platform but the terrain and situation often times dictates the use of support to get over, around, and through obstacles that might otherwise prevent putting metal into meat or rounds on target without the use of an alternate shooting support. The "RAP" is another piece of the shooting solutions equation that allows you to transition from shooting off the tripod to shooting off your ruck. The SSP is equipped with the adapter tabs simply attaches to the RAP panel via hook and loop material, in any orientation you may want it verses the traditional pack mounted rest that orientate a rest across or in line with the ruck. As Brock mentioned, it is working in cooperation with our customers and having them provide feedback that allows us to build better products. Having a dedicated and purpose built scabbard, as pictured in previous post, is one of those things that just makes sense. The scabbards are available in two sizes to fit the medium and large tripods and are available in Multicam, OD, and coyote. Additionally we have a new tripod we have branded as our "HD" tripod. The HD tripod and grip head is a heavy duty offering from SLIK that while probably not suited for use as a jack stand for your pickup truck, it will more than handle the heavy rifles used today. This HD tripod and our SSP-2 in Multicam is the same system that the US Army is fielding for our snipers. Please do not hesitate to let me know if we can help you out or if you have any questions about Precision Rifle Solutions products or shooting from a tripod. You can contact me at [email protected] or through our website Home - PRECISION RIFLE SOLUTIONS, LLC .

Last edited:
Danel, How much are the scabbards (medium) and how do they attach?
Thanks, Mike

i have the prs HD tripod and the prs head attachment. i initially tried their large one, but it was too flimsy for my needs. the HD one is the way to go. my rifle w/ ammo and everything is about 16 or so pounds. not only does the tripod easily hold my gear, but im able to pull very firmly down on the front of the gun with the sling attached to my belt, and that tripod has no issues whatsoever holding steady. my best shot with it is 800 yards standing with gun attached to my belt w/ my sling, and i have to torque down very hard for that to get it steady.

im very happy with my gear and

i highly recommend prs...

Yep...PRS tripods are the bomb!!

--I use it for matches and for hunting. I don't leave home without it.

Done deal! Had a great chat with Sharon today and have a medium tripod with SSP-2 inbound. Also an extra PRS plate and optics mount.
Thanks! and see you at the 2014 NRA Convention!

Hmmmm... I may have to rethink my statement about it not holding a rifle. Are you using the prs saddle that came with it and how stable is the rifle through recoil?

I have the SSP-2 from PRS on my large tripod and it works great for the rifle as well as my Mk4 spotty, DSLR camera and Chrony. I picked up 3 extra QD bases and it is an excellent do all light weight tripod that I take everywhere. I can get very stable shots off of it in seated and kneeling position and it is a huge improvement over standard slung offhand shooting while standing. On Tuesday I was using the tripod to shoot hold over range runs from 200-637 yards with ease from a seated position. Longest shot I attempted and made was a seated 760yrd CBS and it seamed easy. Great kit and all around great people to boot.

Farrier, the scabbards attach with nylon webbing that attaches to your MOLLE webbing. The nice thing is that the scabbard collapses out of the way when you are not using it for transporting the tripod.

The Capn'

Last edited:
Danel how do the Velcro tabs attach to the bottom of the cradle? I am going to have to call you in a few weeks about another order.

Danel how do the Velcro tabs attach to the bottom of the cradle? I am going to have to call you in a few weeks about another order.

I got this one. The tabs have male Velcro on one side and female on the other. You lift the flaps from the bottom of you saddle exposing the Velcro, insert the tabs and close the saddle Velcro over top. This will now give you the flaps that fold out to attach to the RAP. When you are not using it that way, the flaps fold under the cradle and are held by the exposed Velcro on the saddle. Simple and effective. However when I first opened the box I stood there scratching my head. Luckily a quick call to Danel solved my perplexity. Haha.

The Capn'

Thanks Capn'. I want to order an HD tripod but I am used to the old style pan and tilt that I have on my small and medium now. I am going to have to see if I can try out a ball head locally.

The team at PRS is simply outstanding. Daniel and Sharon took the time to answer every question I could think of, and followed up after I made a goof when I ordered. It's companies like this that I'd like to see really take off, and many other companies could learn a thing about running a business properly. Well done, PRS!!!

Danel and Sharon are good people they have always supported my events, and others I have competed in. Always has a few minutes to talk about the products and future projects. And don't forget he served our country too. Thank you for continuing to put out a great product and for protecting our freedoms.