• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prvi 168 match- any good in gas gun?

blcouch

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Mississippi
Looking at some for a not too bad price to run in an SR 25. Some reports I have read say almost as good as FGMM, some say 2-3 moa. I've never seen any or used any myself and all my info about it comes of the web. Any real world users here? Looking at 180 rounds or so for $25 per box of 20.

I have 13 boxes that I am waiting to run through my 16" LWRC REPR. Still need to get out and function test, so I cant really comment but I bought it as good middle of the road ammo plus I can keep and reload the brass.

If your out having fun and dinging some plates sure I will bite. Its not as accurate as FGMM. Anyone feel free to correct me but I have never seen any Russian ammo such as wolf, brown bear, privi that would be match grade. Also look into PMC 147 gr and the Brizillian CBC 147 as long as it dated newer than 09 I believe. American Eagle has 168 stuff that is not to pricey. I have also shot the Ultra Max 168 or 165 gr back in the day without out any problems.

I've put some through my gun and it was average, best results that didn't have any issues were still hornady amax 168 and black hills 168 for groups, both get me to 1000 meters with a 16 in barrel just fine. Oddly enough fggm gives the best groups but half of them blow the primers out so I stopped running them in my sig.

i havent shot the 168s but i have some prvi 145s i believe havent shot very many of them, from my 16'' I was geting 1.5'' groups at 100 yards bipod from a bench no rear bag. I have taken them out to 300m with reasonable accuracy. The only reason I picked them up is they were 600/1k in the middle of January when everything was going crazy and I just picked up a lr308.

Prvi Partisan ammo is hit and miss (pun INTENDED)!

It is NOT anywhere CLOSE to being in the same league as FGMM, BH, Corbon, SW Ammo, or other commercially available "match" ammo but then again...neither is the price tag (even these days unless you are getting gouged)!

It is reasonably accurate enough for practice fodder but anyone telling you it is xMOA or yMOA is being hopeful at best for your situation since the results seem to vary pretty widely across the board. Some have reported 2-3MOA while others, me included, have been able to achieved around MOA from a variety of different rifles including semi-autos (but all of which are sub-MOA capable rifles with proper ammo). However...its the consistency of the ammo that is lacking. While I have had some shoot close to MOA, I've had some from different lots that wouldn't shoot for @#$% (again...when use in proven rifles capable of sub-MOA accuracy). What good is "match" ammo if you can't count on it to be consistent across the board over time?!

The best thing you can do is pick up a box of 20 and see how it goes, but at $1.25/round...I'd look elsewhere before I dropped that kind of money on the prvi stuff! Hell, SW Ammo has RunNGun ammo now in both 168gr and 175gr for only $23.99/box of 20 and it'll shoot better than the prvi and you get new (soon to be once fired ;) ) LC brass with it!!

I don't have any experience with Prvi but I picked up some American Eagle 168 "For Springfield M1A" at roughly $18 a box and it ran better than FGMM 168 & 175, Black Hills Match, Horndy Match, and some other odds and ends through my REPR.

Even from the same box of ammo, I've seen a pretty large variation in accuracy from group to group with Prvi 168gr match in my LAR8. One five-shot group will be around 0.75-1 MOA, and then the next few might be more like 2-3 MOA.

It also prints about 2" lower than FGMM 168gr at 100 yards in my rifle.

In my experience....Definitely not as good and not as consistent as FGMM.

Last edited:
For me Priv was a good practice ammo when it was $10-13 a box, but as stated before it's not very consistent and fps were slower than other popular commercial ammo. If you are shooting steel targets at distance its ok, but not the best for groups in my case.

being that i can reload top quality ammo for .45 each / $9 per 20round box comparison there is no real reason to use factory ammo other than maybe shooting it to use the brass.

if and when i do purchase factory ammo for my LMT MWS 7.62x51, I usually purchase American eagle nato 7.62x51 that is "designed for MIA" open tip boat tail. I can usually shoot sub-moa with this factory ammo. Awesome ammo for under $20. I can usually get it for about $18per 20round box and the brass is not too bad for reloading. The brass is NO lake city, but not too bad. When I first started reloading and just got my LMT MWS, this is what I did all of the time. Purchase this ammo, shoot it, and reload the brass. Now I just purchase lake city once fired brass and it is better brass and less money.

you're missing out if you're not reloading....... you reload not to save money, but you reload to shoot a hell of a lot more for the same amount of money LOL :) . and you reload because you enjoy it and its a wonderful hobby. If you don't meet those two points, then reloading is not for you!

I bought a bunch of the 175gr Privi Match a few years ago when it was cheap. $12 a box. It shot like crap. Out of a AR-10(T) its POI was about 2 MOA high at 100, as compared to FGMM, and I could never get a group smaller than about 2.25 MOA. It was worth it for the brass as I am upgrading all my reloading gear to load more precise rounds.

Prvi Partisan ammo is hit and miss (pun INTENDED)!

It is NOT anywhere CLOSE to being in the same league as FGMM, BH, Corbon, SW Ammo, or other commercially available "match" ammo but then again...neither is the price tag (even these days unless you are getting gouged)!

It is reasonably accurate enough for practice fodder

Yeah I ran a few boxes through my 700 SPS and I was not that impressed. So I loaded up the brass for shooting in the spring when the weathers gets better.

Where are guys finding all this factory ammo?

Help a brother out!

if you guys that use the cheap ammo will weigh each cartridge and group accordingly you'll get much better results. You wont magically get .5MOA but you'll do at least 1MOA when properly sorted

Thanks for the input guys. I'm probably gonna stay away from them then. I guess "match" may mean all the rounds in the box match rough dimensions with each other. Gonna stick with FGMM or BH.