• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prvi Partizan .308

mildot326

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2004
Well the folks at Palmetto Armory have a decent price on this ammo.Good company to deal with so my confidence is high.
Seems for some of the search results I've done, that it is pretty accurate?I don't know enough to say that its in the same league as FGMM, so I thought some users might be able to let me know there results. I haven't been able to get my hands on some. Cheers

Re: Prvi Partizan .308

It is NOT in the same league as FGMM, but then again...neither is the price tag at only $0.75/round or so.

It is reasonably accurate and certainly better than similarly priced commercial alternatives like American Eagle 147gr, WWB, etc. Your mileage will vary in terms of accuracy, but I have gotten MOA or so from a couple of different semi-auto and bolt action 308 rifles.

Thanks, and I appreciate your candor, that said i was looking at the 168 gr? are we on the same page?

prvi is good(not fgmm good)for the price. ive seen it run 1.5-1.75moa out of a stick that does submoa with fgmm or m118lr. i think if its for plinking and practice go for it, but if you wanna shoot competitively save the prvi brass and reload custom for your stick...itll shoot bugholes if properly reloaded even better than the fgmm.

I haven't shot a great deal of it but I have run it through my GAP rifle, both match ammo in 175's and 168's. Black hills and Federal GMM run 1/2 moa and Prvi Match was aprox 2 moa, same day, same gun alternating ammo. Did this on two occasions adding the GMM the second time.

There may be rifles that like it better than mine but like said above there is no comparison.

JM2C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mildot326</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, and I appreciate your candor, that said i was looking at the 168 gr? are we on the same page? </div></div>

Correct...the 168gr. Again, YMMV depending on your rifle, conditions, etc. As you can see, plenty of folks using it and getting "decent" results, but none that will get you into the "match" ammo results that you'll get from FGMM, BH, Hornady TAP, Corbon, and...best of all...your own handloads.

Before you drop nearly $400 on a case of the stuff (I know it is a good price), I'd try to pick up a box or two and see how it shoots through your rifle(s). If you get what you deem to be acceptable results, grab a case or two...otherwise, you can look elsewhere for a suitable factory ammo.

I have had mixed results. I bought the 168 HPBT, and the 175 FMBT match ammo. The 168 would not shoot good groups in my bolt or AR rifles. The 175 shot great in the AR rifle but not in the bolt gun. I was getting well under 1 moa at 100 yrds with the 175 in my Noveske. The 168 would not cycle the Noveske action and was printing 2 moa or so. In the bolt gun both the 175 and 168 were printing 2 moa or worse at 100 yards.

I shot off 200 of them and used the brass to reload. It's pretty good brass, way better than Federal brass.

I agree with above statements, If its for plinking or such its great and definitely save the brass as it is relatively good stuff. You should see 1.5 moa out of it.

drmarc was right on. DO NOT chase the bull with this ammo. I had a hell of a time thinking well, maybe that was me or the scope, should I adjust, etc. I have now used this for friends who want to go shoot who are first timers. They get enough out of it, but if you feel you can shoot, you will have a hard time with this ammo.
Flyers are pretty common.
Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before you drop nearly $400 on a case of the stuff (I know it is a good price), I'd try to pick up a box or two and see how it shoots through your rifle(s). If you get what you deem to be acceptable results, grab a case or two...otherwise, you can look elsewhere for a suitable factory ammo</div></div>

A profound statement, and a point well taken. Cheers

Shot a bunch of it. It will shoot okay for a couple of groups and then have several odd ball fliers in pairs. I would not qualify it as match ammo for that reason, but it dependes on what you want. It is top quality "doomsday" ammo for storage, or shooting out of a so so quality 308, but I will not shoot it out of my uber 308s. Maybe I am off track but it shoots the same way out of all four of of my fancy 308s. Good luck.I reloade it. Shoots better reloaded. Lemme if you find a good price. hogwhacker.

I bought a bunch on a discount for a friend here who's a 308 afficionado.

Both his factory Rem 308 and his factory DPMS upper shot right about 1" @ 100yd and around 4.5" at 400yd with it. It seemed pretty decent in his rifles, especially at $15/box instead of $33+

I use it for sighting in my TRG-22. That's about it. The 175 shot around 2 MOA at 100 yds. Be patient and you can find 168 FGMM for $20-22/box. Then load up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't shot a great deal of it but I have run it through my GAP rifle, both match ammo in 175's and 168's. Black hills and Federal GMM run 1/2 moa and Prvi Match was aprox 2 moa, same day, same gun alternating ammo. Did this on two occasions adding the GMM the second time.

There may be rifles that like it better than mine but like said above there is no comparison.

JM2C </div></div>

I had almost the exact same experience with my 5R. Had a really frustrating afternoon at the range where I was getting 4-5" 10 round groups at 100yds. Last firing period of the day I threw in either some handloads or FGMM, and got around 1-1.5" (which is realistically as tight as *I* would shoot by then). I don't recall if this particular day was with the 168s or the 175s.

At 1k matches, the 175s were passable out to about 600-800, but by 1k the folks pulling targets nearby were commenting without being asked that the shots didn't sound right - they were out of steam. Switching to FGMM or handloads worked Just Fine.

I don't have my dope book handy or I'd give real come-up differences.

That said - try a couple boxes. If your stick likes them, and you plan to shoot inside of 800, congratulations, you've just saved a ton of cash.

None of my 308's like it that well. The FGMM is their choice...hands down. It's not hard to justify the extra 25 cents a round if you're sighting in a scope, going for neck shots on a deer or whatever. Just my opinion.

Had some and was disapointed with performance will stick with
handloads ..

Got almost reasonable results (for cheapish ammo) with the 168s at 1-1.5moa groups (@100yds), I sold them to a mate who then bought some 175s, even worse, got groups of 2+moa. This was out of a rifle that shoots FGM 168/175 at 0.5-0.7moa.

If you're planning on reloading leave them alone. The base of the case deforms after firing of factory loads and you may have one more reload before the cases are trash. Go with WWB and then reload it with a neck colating die and show us your groups as they will shrink to half of what they were before.

Good luck,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

Shot 100 rounds of the 145g y'day through my AE and thought it was awful. No consistency at all and a complete waste of time. I don't reload but when those that do saw how it shot and saw the quality of the brass we all agreed it should end up in a bin. Might work for some but not my rifle.

Palmetto has FGMM for $20 a box.

Check out American Eagle M1A 168g OTM. Cheaper than FGMM and shoots sub moa out of my sps-v

I am new to long-range shooting and PRVI Match 168gr had the honor of being the 1st rounds shot through my Savage Model 10 PC. Although it's not a bulls-eye grade ammo, it was consistant on the 10" plates from 300-600yds.

Because I am a noob, don't know if my misses were because of me or the ammo, but I was on target with PRVI 90% of the time. (Or, there abouts) But, having said that, I switched to FGMM for my last 10 shots... Wow! That stuff was money!!!!

I'll shoot PRVI again, but FGMM will be my "match" ammo.

I've just bought 500 of the 168gr HPBT heads. Best group I've had so far was just under 1 MOA at 100. I will do a bit more development but they are cheap and cheerful (half the price of 175 SMK's here in the UK) and solely for practice.

I have a box of Prvi sitting here waiting to run it through the AE. I have seen lots of guys asking about the accuracy of it, and I figure the AE is a good platform to test it on.

Just waiting on some Black Hills before I get on with the ammo testing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've just bought 500 of the 168gr HPBT heads. Best group I've had so far was just under 1 MOA at 100. I will do a bit more development but they are cheap and cheerful (half the price of 175 SMK's here in the UK) and solely for practice. </div></div>

Just to expand a bit - I've not batched or otherwise prepared them, just loaded purely from the bags they came in. I'm sure with weighing them out etc. things could be improved upon.

Two things however stike me about the heads, 1) the meplat is fairly inconsistent (but to be fair most HP's are, in this case it seems pretty flat but has variations in diameter) and 2) I got relatively large variations in ogive measurement when seating.

I have shot a bunch of the 75 5.56 stuff and really like it for the money. It holds around 1 moa through my SPR which is good enough for purpose.

Now the 175 grain stuff shoot just under or just over 1 moa in my bolt guns, depending on weapon, so not Fed Match but not Fed Match price either.

Why buy Prvi match when you can buy American Eagle 168 gr OTM for less?
It is loaded with the Speer 168 grain HPBT, it is loaded by Federal and it is sub moa ammo.

I've had good results with the 175-gr stuff in my 5R, but maybe I got a good batch from the factory? The 168-gr I tried isn't very good, and the 223Rem, 69-gr Match is about as accurate as Fed AE 55-gr FMJ

Mike - if you are still looking, remind me and I'll toss you a box of the 168 and 175 to try.

The 175 match sucked through the AE. It has been the only "match" ammo I have tried in that rifle that has grouped more than MOA. About 1.25" @ 100 yards for four, five shot groups.

I won't be wasting any more money on it.

agree on the Privi...absolute rubbish

I have used the 145g and the 175g match. As seems to be the consensus, even the 145g is great for practice and plinking (6x6 steel plates out to 300m). Also, it produces one hell of a muzzle flash! The 175g I never really found to be superior, but again it is an adequate performer.

Not a replacement for FGMM, but hey, the 145g is cheap! Curiously, the 145g has a markedly stronger recoil than the 168g FGMM.

I use prvi from my m1a.... match or reloads in my bolt. the prvi just doesn't work well...

you could find FGMM for sale for less than $20 a box at times. $18 or $19 was the lowest ive seen so far