• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prvi Partizan Match Grade

Re: Prvi Partizan Match Grade

search... its been covered. its small primer, not sure if its reloadable. cant recall the groups or if anyone ever posted about it after they mentioned it. you could be the first

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tanda10506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone using this or tried it recently? </div></div>

Yes.

Is there something else you wished to know?

It is boxer primed, so it's re-loadable. The 168 gr .308 match shot pretty well for me. Not quite as good as FGMM, but pretty good. Maybe opened up my groups by 1/4 MOA?

Their .223 shot like crap out of my PSS, but great out of my AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tanda10506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone using this or tried it recently? </div></div>

Yes.

Is there something else you wished to know?</div></div>

I gotta find out where you went to charm school.
grin.gif

I've used it too. And to a lesser degree it's like their bullets. I've had lots that were sub-moa and some that weren't. You would think "MATCH" means all sub-moa if you can get it that way. But not always. Most everything I've shot has been right around or less than an inch @ 100. Those spreads degrade just a little bit out @ 100.
Meaning, if I had a box that shot .5" @ 100 I usually got 2" @ 300. 1" @ 300 would be 4" @300 Those are about the averages of how that stuff worked out for me.

I'm kind of thinking they take sniping a little more serious than they do match shooting. I regularly shoot the M75 (8mm) into .5" and .6" groups then follow that up with the same spread. As for the .308/7.62 get the 175 gr. Match FMJ (they made a bunch of that up as M118LR). I shot that when it was in the box as M118LR, and it did better than the regular 168 gr. match for consistency.

The only way you are going to know is to try it yourself. I haven't really gone wrong with it. But, it hasn't been stupendous across the board for me either. It doesn't hurt to buy a couple boxes and see. It's 2/3 the price of any other match ammo on the shelf right now.

Added:

All Prvi stuff is reloadable right now. Some of their older stuff from the '90's (like the M75) is Berdan and not easily reloaded.

I have about 40rds "down the pipe" and agree with the previous post, so far about 1 MOA.I'm shooting a Savage 10FLP, no match gun but it does have a few upgrades.More to follow.

FWIW, you can buy the 168 grain American Eagle OTM ammo for the same or less than the Prvi.
It uses better bullets (Speer 168 HPBT), better brass and will easily shoot sub-moa, all day long! (that's for you LW
grin.gif
!)

I have shot the 69 grain and 75 grain "match" loads and have handloaded both bullets.

The 69 grain match load shot like shit out of my sps tactical, the 75 grain shot pretty well but there are always a flyer or two, you can tell when you chamber the round. I believe it is a brass issue as some of the rims are a bit oversized, but it may be a bullet issue.
With the handloads, the 69 grain shoots OK, and the 75 a bit better considering the price, they are better than ball but not as good as a high quality varmint or match bullet.

I've been tempted to order the 168 grain match bullets as they can be had for 93 dollars for 500, if I can get a little better than MOA, it would be a decent practice bullet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, you can buy the 168 grain American Eagle OTM ammo for the same or less than the Prvi.
It uses better bullets (Speer 168 HPBT), better brass and will easily shoot sub-moa, all day long! (that's for you LW
grin.gif
!)</div></div>

I was looking at that but the description said it was specifically for the M14/M1A?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tanda10506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone using this or tried it recently? </div></div>

Yes.

Is there something else you wished to know? </div></div>

Should of guessed someone would have got me on that.

Yes, it is designed specifically for the M14/M1A, as was the original lake city M118 match ammo.
It is designed as a low cost match ammunition for highpower matches and it has crimped in primers so they won't back out in the semi-auto.
It is a 7.62x51 load, so it is loaded to lower pressures than the .308, but it is quite accurate and works well im my bolt rifle.

If you're going to reload it don't waste your time. I only got one reload out of the brass before it was trashed and wouldn't seat. If you're not going to reload it then it's decent cheap ammo. I found the the American Eagle made for the M1A actually shot better out of my rifle but it has a military style crimped primmer so it will be a bit harder to reload.

Good luck,
Merritt

I use it and reload it. I find it fairly consistent at 3/4 moa and can be better if I do my part.

Not sure if I would purchase it myself. I obtained 2,000 rounds in a trade a while back and have been using and reloading it without issue.