• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors PS 90 Suppressor

Painjob38

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2019
I am looking to purchase a suppressor for a ps90 does anyone have any good suggestions as to which one?

Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT
Alot of 22lr cans are rated for 5.7x28.
Thunderbeast 22 takedown is rated for it. Not sure how fast you can shoot it. @TBACRAY would know.

Go Thunderbeast of any sort. They're great.

Just about any 22 can as Lefty said. I have a thunderbeast in jail. Been using a Dead Air Mask for a while and love it. My shooting Buddies shoot a variety of Silencerco 22 suppressors, and they work well. Lots of good options, go with a reputable brand with good CS.

I run a TBAC 223 can and a SWR 22 rim fire can on a SBR PS90. Still loud as hell and a lot of gas in the face
Bullpups don’t suppress well IMHO

Well, lots of modern rimfire cans will work, but 5.56 cans are going to be quieter. Just depends on how much size and weight you are willing to deal with. 5.56 cans are more expensive, in general, also. In terms of blowback reduction, you might look at the OSS 5.56 cans or the CGS Helios, in particular. If you are on a budget, the YHM Turbo K is pretty hard to beat.

Reactions: G-Dog
I am using a SF Mini on my SBR PS-90 and am very happy.

To the shooter, bullpups seem loud because your ear is right by the ejection port. To people around you, they sound like any other suppressed rifle. At least that is my take on suppressed bullpups...

Reactions: BurtG
Forgot to add a pic.
D8E53122-379D-4801-9B09-982FCAD53539_1_201_a.jpeg

I am looking to purchase a suppressor for a ps90 does anyone have any good suggestions as to which one?

Lots of solid options in this thread. We would recommend a couple of options from Griffin that would match your needs nicely and offer some great versatility for other hosts.

The Optimus Micro is an incredibly durable rimfire/varmint caliber can. Full 17-4 stainless construction with our HEDP baffle tech. It's a 1/2x28 direct thread from the factory but has accessory support to allow you to mount it via a taper mount or with a 3-lug QD kit and the appropriate barrel adapter.

The Resistance 22M is a full 7075 T6 Aluminum rimfire silencer with a 1.375" OD, giving it great performance and also has expanded mounting options (seen here in our tutorial video).

The Paladin 5 is a fully-featured centerfire rifle silencer using the Taper Mount interface. The patented ratchet-lok endcap allows easy user-serviceability. Check out the Recoilweb overview of the Paladin 5 here

Reactions: BurtG
Lots of recommendations are for 5.56 volume cans, as low backpressure as possible. Stocks are known to crack from running a can due to the recoil. There's a high stress point at the receiver lock button.

Yhm Turbo K was my choice. It is perfect, short as a Surefire mini, but a very low cost can. Small and light. I mounted mine on a cherry bomb and plan b adapter.

Reactions: kthomas
Dead Air Mask HD is about the toughest .22LR suppressor on the market. Would probably be the best route if you want a .22LR can for it.

But...

GSL Technologies makes an actual 5.7x28 suppressor that has more volume than a rimfire can, to properly suppress the 5.7 round.

Here's a pic from their website showing it right next to a DA Mask HD, so you can see the extra volume of the can.

GSL 5.7.jpgGSL 5.7 (2).png

Yhm Turbo K was my choice. It is perfect, short as a Surefire mini, but a very low cost can. Small and light. I mounted mine on a cherry bomb and plan b adapter.

How is your stock (at the button for the receiver) holding up? That's kind of what I am Leaning towards as well

There have been a few complaints about the GSL brake being out of spec causing baffle strikes, and also of the GSL P90 causing bqckpressure issues. Also I'm not a fan of paying $1200 for a 1990s can design just to use it only o a PS90

How is your stock (at the button for the receiver) holding up? That's kind of what I am Leaning towards as well

There have been a few complaints about the GSL brake being out of spec causing baffle strikes, and also of the GSL P90 causing bqckpressure issues. Also I'm not a fan of paying $1200 for a 1990s can design just to use it only o a PS90
You must be talking about different GSL can than what I linked, because it's only $615...

You must be talking about different GSL can than what I linked, because it's only $615...
Since the topic of this thread is the PS90 and not the Five-seveN pistol, I was talking about the GSL P90 suppressor which is the same as the Gemtech SP-90 suppressor for the P90 developed in the 1990s (just titanium instead of stainless). But the one you linked was also developed around that time, however it has much less volume than the P90 version. Either way, these are premium prices for 30 year old suppressor tech. The GSL/Gemtech P90 brake/comp/bi-lock adapter is also janky as there are numerous reports of alignment issues and baffle strikes from multiple adapters (sending them in to get another defective one etc).

Just saw Otter Creek Labs post a video of their P90 shooting full auto with their Polonium suppressor. Seems to cut down all of the recoil and there's not a huge amount of gas or backpressure contrary to what a lot of people have assumed about the Polonium being a gassy 5.56/6mm can.

Reactions: FuhQ
Just saw Otter Creek Labs post a video of their P90 shooting full auto with their Polonium suppressor. Seems to cut down all of the recoil and there's not a huge amount of gas or backpressure contrary to what a lot of people have assumed about the Polonium being a gassy 5.56/6mm can.
Came here to say the same thing. They posted that yesterday on their IG stories. Sounded damn good, and had plenty of volume for the 5.7x28 with the giggle-switch engaged. It didn’t seem very gassy either on the P90.

Also, my Polonium is nowhere near as gassy as people try to make it out to be, and I don’t run AGB’s, just standard GB’s, with H2 & H3 buffers.

Reactions: metroplex