• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA: All Creedmoors should be .25 Creedmoors

25 SAUM 134's.jpg

@Sendero_Man tell me about your 25 SAUM, I'm still on the fence between that and the 25 PRC, PRC because of, well, Lapua brass....
I ran 131 blackjacks with 58gr rl26 at 3280 from a 26" barrel, it's shot well. Had velocity up to near 3400 before major psi. Was on a Tikka, high end action with a proper 1-1/16 tenon would likely run faster. Saum is hard to argue against, none the aw2 clicker undersized chamber oversized brass BS.

Reactions: calib
I ran 131 blackjacks with 58gr rl26 at 3280 from a 26" barrel, it's shot well. Had velocity up to near 3400 before major psi. Was on a Tikka, high end action with a proper 1-1/16 tenon would likely run faster. Saum is hard to argue against, none the aw2 clicker undersized chamber oversized brass BS.
This is exactly my load in 25 SAUM. Right at 3200FPS. Took it to a mile on several occasions.

Reactions: Lynn313
@XTREM HTR16 It's a 7.5 at 26", running the 134 at 3194 for PRS / and way under NRL limits. Extremely easy to load for. See no reason to push it when it's 5.2 at 1000 right now ;)

Had zero failures and making brass is a single step. I run Hornady Brass just like I always do in my 6.5 SAUM

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
@XTREM HTR16 It's a 7.5 at 26", running the 134 at 3194 for PRS / and way under NRL limits. Extremely easy to load for. See no reason to push it when it's 5.2 at 1000 right now ;)

Had zero failures and making brass is a single step. I run Hornady Brass just like I always do in my 6.5 SAUM
Thanks, I've still got a box of brass from George sitting in the gun room waiting on the RP 300 SAUM brass to wear out....
Which reminds me, I need to send that RP brass to you to anneal!! Text incoming.

I got an in stock notification today from precision reloading for the hornady 134s. Didn't get to em in time! SOLD OUT! Anybody on here get a hold of some?

Midway has the new hornady 25 cal in stock limit 2.

If these are like any the other heavy for cal eldm bullets, they'll likely have a mile of bearing surface. Likely need 180k freebore. I wish my chamber was set up that way regardless, as even with my 150k freebore, 135 Bergers are getting below nk/shoulder any deeper than 45k jump. I've found 40-80k works quite well with them.
For eldm, I usually start around 50-60k jump if my chamber has the freebore to keep only Boat tail below the neck.

135s with a standard Blackjack reamer here too… no issues. Wouldn’t mind a little extra freebore but not really a hinderance in its current state. I’ll see if I can get the dimensions from my smith.
The diagram I’m posting should be your reamer. The only difference I see over version 1 is a little more clearance in the throat to lessen the need for neck turning. Hope it’s been shooting well for you.

Attachments

• BFEBC554-D8EF-4365-A06F-3660FF690ACB.jpeg
    BFEBC554-D8EF-4365-A06F-3660FF690ACB.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 61
Anyone shooting them suppressed? Thoughts on recoil impulse?

Anyone shooting them suppressed? Thoughts on recoil impulse?

It’s got a little bit sharper impulse to me, but part of that is I’m running a cf barrel. I actually just switched over to a brake to run for some upcoming matches to help me stay on target while shooting positional shots.
This isn’t to say it’s bad, it’s not. Pretty much think 6.5 creed as far as recoil goes. Outside of comps, I’m always suppressed. This rifle is lighter weight and used for run and gun style matches, so it’s very purpose driven running a brake on it.

Reactions: DEWD_STUFF