• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PT&G FN SPR "Widemouth" bottom metal...

bryanZ06

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2010
Georgia
I was originally planning to get a CDI bottom metal to run AICS mags in my FN, but in the course of looking at various parts I came across this:

Pacific Tool & Gauge, Inc. - Winchester Performance Parts

The FN SPR "Widemouth" bottom metal looks like it would protect the magazine a little better than the CDI, but I can't find any information about it anywhere other than the PT&G site. Has anyone seen these or ran one? Any thoughts? If anyone has any info on this PT&G option that I might have overlooked it would be appreciated.

The remy dbm works a charm and is great quality with no tool marks.

This dbm will be seen on the prize table at the cup. I am sure no one would put crap on that table.

Thanks for the reply. I had seen lots of info about the Remington version and it all seemed good. I figured the same quality could be expected for the FN version, but I could find nothing about it other than PT&G's site. I don't know how new it is, but I couldn't even find a picture of it installed on an FN. With that being said, I went ahead and placed the order for it yesterday.

Maybe I'm not understanding the design correctly but isn't this bottom metal going to rattle quite a bit?
I guess not so much with polymer mags.

Maybe I'm not understanding the design correctly but isn't this bottom metal going to rattle quite a bit?
I guess not so much with polymer mags.

No reason that it should. The "widemouth" bottom metal that I ordered is their newer version for AICS mags. The other bottom metal they make is for AE Mk1 magazines that are 5 round, single stack mags.

Let us know how it works and who did the receiver works.pic, pics!

Let us know how it works and who did the receiver works.pic, pics!

Will do. According to PT&G's site it will be 4-6 weeks. Accurate Ordnance will likely be doing the work. They're only about a 20 minute drive for me.