• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing PTG? Anyone know what's going on there?

I have ordered many bottom metals,reamers,and firing pin assembly's with no problems. I ordered my 260 match reamer only 10 days ago and the tracking # shows it will arrive tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have ordered many bottom metals,reamers,and firing pin assembly's with no problems. I ordered my 260 match reamer only 10 days ago and the tracking # shows it will arrive tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Well, I can't explain the customer service I have received.

Maybe they watch these forums, and the issue will be resolved.

It's good to hear that they know how to give good customer service.

Perhaps I just have to wait, and be very patient.

I just got a beautiful1 piece Remmy Bolt, Spiral flutes, .0700 diam., delivered in 8 weeks as promised. Also just had a repairto a Lawton bolt that a secondary Lawton vendor used after PTG refused any more of their work because lawton was not paying their invoices.

Its my understanding that Lawton is undergoing a major expansion, and along with it, growing pains as machinery is moved, new personnel are brought on,and new Keurig Coffee Machines are installed next to each lathe.

Seriously, PTG has been a cornerstone of the firearms industry for decades, but the "last four years have brought a boom to the industry the likes of which have never been seen in peacetime, long may it reign. Anyone who has owned their own business knows that expansion causes chaos even with the best planning, but I think PTG is trying to position themselves to better serve the shooting industry in the coming years. Like it or not, Dave Kiff has been doing this a long time; I don't know how much longer we'll be able to benefit from his expertise, and I think he may be positioning his company for that. Lets give him some slack unless we can do it better and quicker ourselves. When I started doing my own gunsmithing in the early 90s, there was nomsuch thing as an aftermarket Remington Bolt, and Nesika Bay was the only action company that had a one piece bolt and handle. Now, thanks to PTG I have a one piece Remmy bolt/handle of better quality than Remington ever dreamed of...and I ordered it off the website without having to talk to anyone.That is progress.

Hang in, guys; its going to get better as PTG gets into the groove of things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, I can't explain the customer service I have received.

Maybe they watch these forums, and the issue will be resolved.

If you haven't done so yet, call and ask to speak directly to Dave Kiff ([MENTION=21861]kiff[/MENTION]). He's good people and the HMFIC and should get you squared away.

I think they will get it sorted out. I'm about to buy a bunch of stuff from them once I get my lathe sorted out.

I hope you are right, I'm going to try and get a hold of David Kiff on Friday afternoon.

There is a three or four time difference from Oregon to where I am in Canada, so it will have to wait till tommorow.

Good luck with your build.

When I get this all sorted out I want to post some pics of the rifle, it turned out nice.