• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing PTG change order fee?

ugsly

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2005
Oregon Linn County
I called and ordered a .187 lug and a couple extractors about 2 weeks ago. Today i called and asked if they had shipped but they said the lug was 2 weeks out. When I asked to change it to a .200 lug (they had in stock) she said they could but would charge me a "change order fee". I wasn't quite sure why as the order had not been processed yet. Is this the norm? I have never ran into this before with them but she mentioned they are a big company now and it takes time to change things out.

Thanks guys,
Casey

Well, if your order is in any machining stages, this is where the charge comes from. At this point, it costs money to make changes, depending where its at and/or how they do their machining operations.

Understandable in my book...

I ordered a 6.5x55 go guage. They billed me and shipped. Week later billed me again and sent a 2nd go guage. This after they failed to take my order down 3x as I specifically requested. Things are goin crazy over there I believe.

PTG should start paying an "Oops. We messed up your order, we can fix it, but it'll delay what you needed another couple weeks" fee.

I hear you! I ordered something awhile ago and it came last week. NOT what I ordered! I called to return it and have yet to get a call back with return instructions and what.they are.going to do in regards to getting me the right item. The girls taking orders really need to know more about their products and know what questions to ask so the right thing gets ordered! I mean they are clueless!

Really beginning to wonder WTF is going on at PTG. Had to return a fluting cutter for a refund and after a month I called to check on the status. The return person had yet to open the package. Still in line to be opened. Unbelievable!

Regards,

Paul

Well, whilst we're on the subject....
I ordered a .243 Win finishing reamer. It took 4 months to arrive and in the process became a "match" finishing reamer which means it has a tight neck. That's not what I ordered and is not what I wanted. They also sent me (and charged for) 2x .284 bushing sets and 2x .284 range rods - needless to say I only wanted 1 of each! According to the very polite lady, they are still deciding what to do for me. I have been told that they won't pay for the return postage on the range rods and bushings which really annoys me as I'll be significantly out of pocket, rectifying their mistake! I've decided to vote with my feet and so my latest tooling requirement has been given to Manson.

JGS is about 3 hours away and PTG is 3.5 hours away. I used to be able to order from PTG and instock items would show up within 2 days, It was a really good thing. The last couple order of in stock items took 1.5-2 weeks to show up. I dont know if the shipping dept is backed up or not. Who else makes different thickness recoil lugs?

Casey

I'd cancel the order, there are places to get parts without having to deal with these clueless people!

Wow… Was gonna order a custom bolt from PTG tomorrow for my R700 build… Now maybe not. Question is then, where else can I get a bolt?

Thanks,
Tim

Wow… Was gonna order a custom bolt from PTG tomorrow for my R700 build… Now maybe not. Question is then, where else can I get a bolt?

Thanks,
Tim

Really they are the only one in the game at the moment making replacement bolts.

If it something that isn't to odd ball you might be able to find it at midway as they stock some bolts or at least use to.

Really they are the only one in the game at the moment making replacement bolts.

If it something that isn't to odd ball you might be able to find it at midway as they stock some bolts or at least use to.

Thank you sir… I'm gonna start digging around to see what I can find.

Tim