• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTG DBM - R700 LA Military style vs. M5 style

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
I just ordered a PTG DBM for my 300WM R700. My rifle has a B&C M40 stock. I thought that I ordered a military style but received a M5. On their website they say that the M5 WILL require inletting but that the military style is designed as a drop in for BDL stocks. My rifle was a Long Range (84164) and I am not sure if that means a BDL stock. Also, seems like the M5 has a max COAL of 3.715 vs. 3.775 for the military style.

With the M5, the inletting would require cutting an average of 0.050" on the perimeter. This stock has a aluminum bedding block and I do not know if I want to thin it out that muck. Also, this is enough that I would want to put it on a milling machine & not just hand file.

Does anyone have experience on the military style PTG on a B&C M40 that can give me some advice?