• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTS Fall Team Precision Rifle Match

Re: PTS Fall Team Precision Rifle Match

Jon.. Not sure why the secrecy

First place was Spencer Morgan and his partner
Second was David Tapp and Jim Saunders
Third was Captain Creedmore and ProCovert

Was a tight match, nobody ran away with it and top places could have changed on the final stage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a great effort being put in place to conceal the results to only those in attendance , or am I just missing it? </div></div>

No. I just was dead tired after setting up and running a match then driving 9 hours home.

Ill get the results up and an updated list of sponsors soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a great effort being put in place to conceal the results to only those in attendance , or am I just missing it? </div></div>

LOL.....Spencer Morgan and I were able to eek out a first place finish. We went into the second day two points down to Captain Creedmoor and Procovert45 and after watching their performance in some of the stages the day before, we were a bit worried we were just gonna be fighting for second place.

Over at the Massa course of Sunday though, Spencer turned up the wick and just shot lights out on the first two events. We picked up 40 points in two stages.

We dropped the ball somewhat on the next two stages but managed to hold on for the win. CC and Procovert 45 took 2nd. I think Dave and his partner took 3rd.

Not sure on the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon.. Not sure why the secrecy

First place was Spencer Morgan and his partner
<span style="font-weight: bold">Second was David Tapp and Jim Saunders
Third was Captain Creedmore and ProCovert </span>

Was a tight match, nobody ran away with it and top places could have changed on the final stage. </div></div>

Oh....I thought that was the other way around.

If Ryan and Scott felt anything like we did... It explains Everything

And sorry for forgetting your name Lofty, kinda bad saying Spencer and partner

Deadeye and DOC having fun
1351016673.jpg

Awesome match guys, we had a lot of fun at this match again. We also are getting a spotter ASAP because if you all follow this format going forward, we see that we will NEED one.

Also, can you all get rid of the 3 triangle port barricade? I don't want to ever see that one again after my meltdown on that stage at Massa! Only kidding, but I'll be building one on my property very soon..

Thanks to the sponsors for your generous donations! Ryan, Scott, Tom, and everyone else who helped set this up, thanks for the hard work and keep it up.

-Lynn

What a blast. My second match at Cookeville. Scott and Ryan put on a first class game. The ROs are the best and Mike is a hoot as usual. The only way to make it better is for me to shoot better.Order the same weather for the spring and do it again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome match guys, we had a lot of fun at this match again. We also are getting a spotter ASAP because if you all follow this format going forward, we see that we will NEED one.

Also, can you all get rid of the 3 triangle port barricade? I don't want to ever see that one again after my meltdown on that stage at Massa! Only kidding, but I'll be building one on my property very soon..

Thanks to the sponsors for your generous donations! Ryan, Scott, Tom, and everyone else who helped set this up, thanks for the hard work and keep it up.

-Lynn

**ETA: here's a short vid from the Thread the Needle stage with the sweet flapper target. I didn't run my camera as much as I wanted but I'll try to post up a couple more vids soon***

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h21OWTag4RY&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h21OWTag4RY&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Fairly positive the target size was 8" square w/ 4" flapper & 12" Square w/ 6" flapper...Juss Sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome match guys, we had a lot of fun at this match again. We also are getting a spotter ASAP because if you all follow this format going forward, we see that we will NEED one.

-Lynn

**ETA: here's a short vid from the Thread the Needle stage with the sweet flapper target. I didn't run my camera as much as I wanted but I'll try to post up a couple more vids soon***

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h21OWTag4RY&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h21OWTag4RY&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Fairly positive the target size was 8" square w/ 4" flapper & 12" Square w/ 6" flapper...Juss Sayin' </div></div>

I will get it changed over to reflect your target frame size correctly. It was the 12" square and 6" flapper for the 605yd target right?

Those targets were really fun to shoot Ryan.....and Ryan.

I was thinking a solid target with four separate flappers of decreasing size and entry hole to set up to replace a KYL target stand with multiple targets that each have a better chance of breaking than that flapper target.

I have a hard time thinking anyone's gonna break one of those flappers........your stuffs built like a tank Ryan.

Less breaking means less down time.

Thanks to Ryan and Scott for another great match.This was my third one and they have gotten better each time.Had a great time and looking forward to future matches from PTS.Thanks to the RO's for a smooth match and the sponsors for a nice prize table.Thanks also to Mike Luke the landowner for having us out on his place.

Changed the vid to show correct flapper frame size. I think I should get a pass since I didn't hit the frame.
whistle.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoErKmZMfkI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoErKmZMfkI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Damn good team match!

Snapped this pic on my phone and thought it was fitting to get Castle on the Castle stage.

ptscastlestage.jpg

7magsavage and I had a great time at our first comp, nice job Scott and Ryan! Always a good time meeting other shooters, thanks for the tips on techniques and strategy. Thanks especially to Mike for allowing us to shoot on his beautiful property. Here are a few pics...

PTS-1.jpg

PTS-2.jpg

PTS-3.jpg

PTS-6.jpg

PTS-7.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys - Here's a little sneak peek at two of the targets you will be shooting this weekend. We call them the "Thread the Needle Targets".

PS - Never mind my little camo helper.
wink.gif

8front.jpg

8side.jpg

12front.jpg

12flapper.jpg

12side.jpg

See you all in a few days! </div></div>

Guys, thanks for the awesome response I have received from these targets. I will be starting a Group buy for these targets today (10/31/12) at 8pm EST in the "Group Buy" section. This will be a <span style="text-decoration: underline">limited</span> run at a reduced price. Meaning I am planning on doing no more than (6) of each size to kick off the new targets at a reduced price for Sniper's Hide Members Only. Thanks!!

Group Buy is Open - http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3659203#Post3659203